Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 250 of 276 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2760

Re: The quest for level 99- progress thread

Why not just make a 3rd table for the non active chars/players inside a spoiler tag? Keep a clean look and we don't delete the non actives.

BattleTag EuScL- *Solar_Fire

Quote Originally Posted by nulio View Post
    Why not just make a 3rd table for the non active chars/players inside a spoiler tag? Keep a clean look and we don't delete the non actives.
    The problem with that proposal is that we can count on one hand the active number of players in this thread.

BattleTag queenEm -2696

But does that matter? I think I like that idea actually. Inside spoilers

1. Completed
    2. Runners
    3. Retired

One problem I foresee; like we have today: who will move char from runners into retired if the runners are not there anymore? It's the same thing today. The old heroes are long gone and will not go in and edit this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjscud View Post
    There are no special rules for HC. I would suggest not dying though.

A quick suggestion:
    3 tables:

1) <95
    2) 95-98
    3) >98

I keep meaning to go for a lvl99 char, but I'm rubbish at progression.

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

My thoughts if anyone cares:
    I'd rather have the 99ers on the front page with all the links and have the other table(s) seperate. This will make updating a bit better since people constantly forget the links within the "done" table. I would also like to +1 the two seperate "runner" tables. Something like "recent" and "old". I believe these two changes would make it easier for people to update and might make some add themselves. It took me quite a while to think it was worth the bother since I knew it'd take quite a while to update it with myself.

Putting all the 99ers only on the front page is like putting all the D3 Complaints in one thread.

Result: Not enough exposure

Why not in both places? In updates AND first page?

That can work, though is it necessary? I would think those that read the thread click on the the last page for the most recent updates anyways. And its extra work for Thy to edit Tweety's post with updates, since 99ers are becoming more frequent than before.

I would suggest that we have the following as tables:

Table of Heroes
    Contenders (clvl 95 and above, regardless of activity or not)
    Pretenders (anyone below that, also regardless of activity)

That way people would have extra motivation to move out of the "Pretenders" and into "Contenders"

Oh no. What have i done by starting this discussion.

I'd say that keeping the table of heroes as it is, isn't even a question. People often just look at the latest updates so if it misses there, you're missing the most important part.

Further i'd prefer to just have one table as mentioned in my previous post with just people that actually continue the journey. Whether it be at high or at low lvl. As long as there is some kind of progress over time. Imo that would mean for instance that newest updates older than 2 or 3 years could be removed. Unlikely they're gonna move and even if they do, it's easy enough to add them back in. Keeps table clean and no fuss with a gazzillion tables.

Since majority seems to prefer an extra table i guess i could live with dividing the table into a contenders/pretenders kind of way. However, unlike Solar i would divide those (again) by latest update. I'd say you're more of a contender when you make regular updates at lvl 90 and are more of a pretender when your character is sitting at 97,5 for 3 years in a row. The first is moving towards 99, though still far away. The other will never get there at the current speed (which is zero).

Regardless of the above i'd say keep everything in the latest posts. A) because that's where most people will look and b) to not give Thy or any other mod more work.

+1 to what Cyrax said