Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    IncGamers Member

Re: Fire Ranged Enchantress Sorc

I'll try this one. It'd though require some expensive equipment, so I hope the current season will last enough.

I have some experience with the build, I hope this time I'll succeed.

I'll try Buriza to shoot immuns.

My skills will be:
    20 warmth
    20 FM
    20 Enchant
    20 Hydra (I like hydra as additional firepower and exploring ability)

The merc should be able to stand hits for me, and gather the mobs on itself, so I'll try A5 merc with Crainte Vomir + Rockstopper + Bered Leviathan for max. resistance. No idea if it'll work or not, but sounds good.

----------

I reached some pretty cool levels, so I add my experience:
    I didn't have Ravenclaw, so at the very beggining I attacked with any ranged weapons I've found, then switched to melee. It wasn't too bad, surprisingly.
    My first weapon was Hellclap, then Kuko Shakoku. I currently use Demon Machine and Buriza. Didn't have the time to socket them yet (it requires patient to equip these, life is more important then equiping these as soon as possible).

Because of the lack of shield resistance is a problem at the middle-levels, so I suggest using Smoke. Surpringly during the beggining levels having max. resists is easy, so any armor do the job.
    I was so fortunate to get access to a CoH, what is definitly a big help. But I plan on changing it to a Gladiator's Bane when I can cover the resists. The +skills are useful, but I don't think that much (I'd only loose 200 dmg accoring to the character sheet).

As soon as possible an Umed Shako is advised for extra life and resist and +skill. But with the new respec-system I'd like to try out Crown of Ages (it must be affordable in nonladder, what comes soon).

For boots I'd choose from Goblintoe in case you think it helps against the immuns enough, or go with resist-boot.

For amulet Mara is a fine choice.

For rings I suggest Bul Kathos for +skill and lifesteal (lifesteal helps), and a Dwarf Star (for direct +life and fire absorbtion). SoJ is a bad idea, its attirbs aren't useful for this build (warmth covers the mana-need easily).

Belt is Razortail of course, but maybe it worth to have a Thundergods against souls.

I have no real idea for gloves. Knockback would only have use against 1 target from mobs (and the eyplosion effect already do a similar thing) - this is true for almost all attrib you can have. Currently I use Bloodfist for fhr and +life. Gloves is pretty much a free choice.

For skill-developement I suggest starting with all points to Warmth, then to Enchant when it becomes avaiable. During this 1 point to frozen armor and teleport of course.
    At lvl 30 start to invest into Fire Mastery, and 1-5 points into Hydra. Later 10 point into hydra while maxing Enchant and its syns. Finally maxing hydra.

My hydra currently do 1K dmg per hit, and you can put down 5, each has three heads - that's 15K damage per shot! And in places like Mephisto's temple, or Nihlatak(!) you can explore and kill from very safe distance!

From the remaining skillpoints here is suggested Cold Mastery to help Buriza's damage, but maybe Static Field would be bigger help to my merc.

My idea about the merc is to attract the monsters into one spot to make them an easy target. HF A2 merc would make them gather slowly, that's why I try out A5.
    As weapon I chose Crainte Vomir for several reasons. The main thing is, the mercenaries tend to not focus their attack and try to deal out damage equally on each nearby target. So with Crainte the A5 merc will slow whole groups, especially as that sword is bloody fast!
    The whole mercbuild of mine lacks lifesteal, so an Amn rune into the socket of the sword (by Larzuk) will be required.

If the merc will have enough resist, I'd try Gaze instead of Rockstoper for the additional lifesteal (and extra slowing from cold dmg ).

I currently could not afford fire skillers and other advanced charms, so my damage (according to the character-sheet) is between 5-6K with DM, and it is ok (this build wrks almost as a chain-fireball sorc, lol).

Last edited by twillight; 26-03-2011 at 00:01.

IncGamers Member

Went back to single player mode, and started to build up this enchantress again. Here are guide-notes:

- you can finish Normal Difficulty with a simple Zephyr bow
    - as soon as possible have 100 vita. This character is fragile (but not because it don't have shield. Bow amazon don't have shield and noone complains that). At the start of Nightmare Diff your starting goal should be 150 vita, at the end of Nightmare 175 vita.
    - get Demon Machine (or weapon with similar requirements) at clvl 60 at earliest (first you need the vitality)
    - during Act 1-3 Nightmare any explosive cross/bow can work in p8 mode even (for the rest of the difficulty if you're unlucky and find not even Kuko, take back to p1 mode, and level up at Baal). If it isn't too slow, use the weapon with highest explosion slvl.
    - Kuko Shakoku can be found at Normal Baal with the highest chance
    - Demon Machine can be found on Nightmare Baal with the highest chance
    - if you have problem with resists, get Smoke armor
    - during Nightmare diff against the few Fire Immuns use a Langer Bizer for example

Skill developement:
    clvl 1-5: invest into Warmth
    clvl 6-29: get teleport as soon as possible, get Static Field for faster actboss-killing, invest the most of the rest of the points to Enchant (for duration) and Warmth (up to slvl 10 for mana regeneration, so you can forget about mana potions once and for all)
    then: get 5-5 point fire mastery and hydra (good and simple to have support skill)
    after that: max enchant, then rise fire mastery to 15
    next: invest some point into hydra. With the high fire mastery the damage will rise substantially with each point. You'll be ca. clvl 60 here
    clvl 60+: max fire mastery, then aim to max hydra. If you have plans eg. for Frozen Orb, it is time to get that.
    You're finished.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by twillight View Post
    Went back to single player mode, and started to build up this enchantress again. Here are guide-notes:

- you can finish Normal Difficulty with a simple Zephyr bow
    - as soon as possible have 100 vita. This character is fragile (but not because it don't have shield. Bow amazon don't have shield and noone complains that). At the start of Nightmare Diff your starting goal should be 150 vita, at the end of Nightmare 175 vita.
    - get Demon Machine (or weapon with similar requirements) at clvl 60 at earliest (first you need the vitality)
    - during Act 1-3 Nightmare any explosive cross/bow can work in p8 mode even (for the rest of the difficulty if you're unlucky and find not even Kuko, take back to p1 mode, and level up at Baal). If it isn't too slow, use the weapon with highest explosion slvl.
    - Kuko Shakoku can be found at Normal Baal with the highest chance
    - Demon Machine can be found on Nightmare Baal with the highest chance
    - if you have problem with resists, get Smoke armor
    - during Nightmare diff against the few Fire Immuns use a Langer Bizer for example

Skill developement:
    clvl 1-5: invest into Warmth
    clvl 6-29: get teleport as soon as possible, get Static Field for faster actboss-killing, invest the most of the rest of the points to Enchant (for duration) and Warmth (up to slvl 10 for mana regeneration, so you can forget about mana potions once and for all)
    then: get 5-5 point fire mastery and hydra (good and simple to have support skill)
    after that: max enchant, then rise fire mastery to 15
    next: invest some point into hydra. With the high fire mastery the damage will rise substantially with each point. You'll be ca. clvl 60 here
    clvl 60+: max fire mastery, then aim to max hydra. If you have plans eg. for Frozen Orb, it is time to get that.
    You're finished.
    First don't waste points on LM it does NOT boost damage from lightning charms on ranged attacks. While FM only boosts once for ranged attacks it works correctly for melee attacks with your mercenary so don't forget to keep his enchant on. If you are going to get orb as your second attack get it to level 10 in early NM with 1 in CM and you will breeze thru NM much easier. A 50% Eshield from a memory staff on switch can be maintained with a max warmth and NO added points in TK for synergy. Against bosses CB is nice but not as effective ranged and OW is a plus for sure. A lightning and poison charm is nice to get OW to trigger but again LM will not boost it for ranged attack. The Demon Machine is much easier to get max attack speed with rather then a Kuko and the flat AR is boosted a lot by your enchant. This build is highly recommended in another place that will not be linked.

First round is on me!

D!

IncGamers Member

Who talked in that about Lightning Mastery?

Also DON'T get FO as early as possible, or you will be a FO-sorc, not an enchant sorc primaly. Considering slvl 10 FO demands 15 skillpoint, plus 10 in warmth for mana, 2 for tele, 1-5 to static field (ca. 30 point summed), you won't be able to afford Enchant for Normal diff at all if you go that way. And in a closed b.net a lowlvl enchant sorc (with like 5 point in enchant in Act 2) is usually surprisingly stronger then any other character (especially in the maggot lair).

Where to get Open Wounds? The idea sounds ok, but how is a question. Gore Rider instead Goblintoe is already well known, but otherwise?

Until you can get Demon Machine (lvl 60 is where it is safe to equip) you need something else. Kuko is usually the middle step as it has piercing too, and much more powerful then the starting Ravenclaw/Hellcast.

IncGamers Member

Also, if you get FO, that's basically what you do all the time, there is a reason it's so popular, it's very, very good at killing things, so you will be inclined to use it. I have to totally drop it from every non FO build I do because it ends up being all I use.