Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Question ??

just out of curiosity i saw one of these builds use wizard spike- on the lightning one

Would this be good?

IncGamers Member

Question

yo, i saw a build just like this, but they used wiz

Is this good, or do you need the dmg on lightning

IncGamers Member
    sorry for the double post

Banned

Discuss & Debate

So what you are saying is, if you got lvl 35 light for example a ormus 15% light would be useless? so would eschutas? and would the energy shield be effectiv with lvl 1 teleknesis if you are lightning sorc?
    How much damage do you loose since you cannot put as much points into other synergies?

Awaiting user confirming email address
    Hey all.

First off - Zharous, I'm very grateful for this guide. You do an excellent job of laying out the mechanics of ES/TK in a straightforward and easily understood manner, and back it up with some very practical suggestions about gear and skill choices. My thanks!

Second - I would really like to see an Enchantress setup using these rules. Any chance on you posting one? I would assume you'd want to use Werebear form to get a 4 fps swing, which would also require you to use a shael'ed Phase as a weapon. I suppose the layout would be:

LIGHTNING TREE:
    20 into Telekinesis
    1 into Energy Shield
    1 into Charged Bolt (prereq)
    1 into Lightning (prerq)
    1 into Chain Lightning (prereq)

FIRE TREE:
    20 into Warmth
    20 into Enchant
    20 into Fire Mastery
    1 into Fireball (prereq)
    1 into Fire Bolt (prereq)

This would cost a total of 87 points, meaning you would finish at level 75. Assuming you made it to 85 (where all of my characters seem to plateau), you'd net another 10 skill points. I currently have a Double Dream Enchantress who uses level 1 ES with only a level 1 TK, and between her maxed Warmth and Insight-wielding merc she usually does fine . . . but she's PvM. She also uses Passion so she can use Zeal as an O-Skill, meaning she can always teleport away when things get sticky and thus give her blue globe a chance to recover.

But in PvP a Double Dreamer runs into trouble. The block on Dream is . . . well, pathetic, frankly. In other words, I think Dream would be more or less suicide for a melee PvP sorceress. So I was thinking: if one were to do an Energy-shield Bear/Enchantress, would it be worth it to just use a Dream helm and sink the last 10 points into Lightning Mastery? Or, alternatively, would it be a better idea to throw 10 points into one of the Cold Armors, using that to further pump the defense bonuses from becoming a Bear?

Any thoughts?

Oh, and since it 'tis the season and all . . .

:xmas17: HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :xmas17:

IncGamers Member
    Okay, I was thinking, would a ES Lightning sorc be viable if I wouldn't go for the max block? If I just had base dex. Those precious stat points could go to energy, or a bit to vitality. And I reaaallly love spirit. Can I have some opinions, please? :P

IncGamers Member
    ...and damage reduce equipment is far less effective for an energy shield sorceress then for a regular sorceress
    This is wrong? Damage reduce and Magic damage reduce is applied after all other calculations, which makes some lower damage attacks have no effect whatsoever.

IncGamers Member
    Im wondering if its worth going 200fcr for es/fb, no block.

IncGamers Member

Re: Guide: The PVP Energy Shield Sorceress (Finally done)

Im going to make a lightning es max blocker. Shouldnt i use stormshield for the shield? I didnt see it as one of the top 3 choices in this guide, although it is a bit outdated.

IncGamers Member

Re: Guide: The PVP Energy Shield Sorceress (Finally done)

Hey dude, what do you think about putting a point into cold armor, frozen armor, etc? great guide btw

Also, without any -cold gear, how many points would it take in cold mastery to lower someone to -100 cold resistance

Last edited by BongDuy; 12-01-2009 at 01:31.