Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    First off, Zharous nice guide. Would you mind if I wrote an addition to yours on the FO/ES variant specifically and then just append it on or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg
    What am I smoking? I wasn't aware of arreat summit being able to override what is displayed in the game.
    The screenshot is on my druid, which from the arreat summit should be 87%, same as the sorc.

http://www.geocities.com/squeeky622/whist.jpg
    The game cannot display a shield with more than 75% block. However, the internal game calculations for how much dex is needed for a certain amount of blocking use a different value than displayed for some shields, one of those being Whitstans. Bottomline is that for dex calculations, whitstan's has 87% blocking although you don't see this in the game.

IncGamers Member Dennis_KoreanGuy's Avatar
    Extensive guide... Good Job

- Dennis

IncGamers Member
    yeah impressive column you wrote.

Definite sticky.
    Strange though... no mention of -damage gear. I mean, some may say that it doesnt do all that much, but with pvp penalty, it could add a decent amount. in the world where people savor every 20 health boost, a reduction in 20 damage points or more seems like a better idea....

You did mention vipermagi, i think max is -13 MDR? i wonder if say it was socketed with that -7 mdr, that would be substantial, no? or use a perfect gerkes with a Sol vs barbs? yeah blocking may be better and FBR as well, but just I found it odd how it was left out, yet a staple of all other Eshield guides.
    Like 2 nature's peace rings and a gerkes, glad bane with sol, vs a ww barb, I wonder if anyone has tested this. pvp penalty, Eshield and -pdr?

IncGamers Member
    I have had it on a sorc... and have it now. With my -20 Glads alone the dmg is much less, also when Sol was added not so noticable difference, but a little bit. The pdr does make a failry large difference though, although some may say the lost cast rate from lidless/viper is not worth it, I feel a Sol in Viper makes almost a fair compromise, since other losses can be made up in the helm socket... For me it was a succes against any WW barb not using mass psn dmg, which is unstopable without high resist.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharous
    Since all characters have an base 100% mana regeneration
    I'm curious, where did this come from?

IncGamers Member
    ehhh, just wondering why u suggest putting only 1 in ice bolt, which is a synergy to ur main attack, frozen orb for the FO/ES build

IncGamers Member
    oh, and is it really necessary to max Cold Mastery for FO/ES sorc?

IncGamers Member
    Depending on how your +skills work out it may be... since some builds have +lightning skills to bump up their ES it may be necesarry to max cold mastery, but in other cases with +cold skillers in inventory and so on. Only a few points may be required to reach a viable -cold res, as long as your opponent can get to -100 res, you can afford to lose points in cold mastery and place them elsewhere.

IncGamers Member
    You go into hit recovery when hits deal damage more then 1/12 of a chars max life. So say I made a pvp sorc with no block and say i had 1000 life and was hit with 13k dam. So although i didnt take any dam (say i used gladiators and gerkes) damage is still considered being delt and thus i go into hit recovery.

Is that correct?

(and with max life bo is also considered correct?)

Just abit of confirmation

IncGamers Member
    I would like to answer that... but I don't have statistics to do so and can only speak from experience... I know that things such as Lightning Sentries and WW attacks that do no actual damage, though still drive me into Hit Recovery... which is no good... therefore I would assume that it doesn't take "actual" life into account, though takes the ES "life" into account instead.