Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 822 of 865 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826832 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 8650
    IncGamers Member

Re: OT: Days of our Lives aka the Beacon's Billboard

Adult content.
    Spoiler

Trying intercourse again today, pretty nervous.

Dont be nervous Kitteh, just go with it, see how it fairs, you can always try again

BattleTag beest-1991

want me to fly over and give you a hand

This time I need cat advice. I know there are cat people among you.

We've adopted a 4-5 year old male cat last week. He must have had a pretty rough time after he was left outside somewhere last year and is very scared about just everything. He's improving big time though and is starting to get used to us and the house. He's very friendly when he's feeling safe and loves attention. He doesn't allow us to lift him up though and that is the problem. He's using one couch as scratching device and not his scratching thingy. Now normally you would just move him to the scratching thingy but he runs before we even get near him and wouldn't let us lift him up anyway.
    Anybody knows how to get him to change that behaviour without pysically moving him?

OT: Days of our Lives aka the Beacon's Billboard

Move the couch and scratchy thing.

I actually don't know, so I thought I'd put in the joke answer

IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Water pistol. Works wonders on cats. And on grown up human offspring, too.

Wow, is there nothing water pistols can't do?

Make the scratching post more interactive than the couch. For example, a scratching post with tiers or a string and ball.

I like those ideas, but if (s)he scratches the bottom of the couch, maybe put cardboard or something protective that can't be scratched around the base of the couch.

Somewhat joke answer: Rub catnip over the scratching pole. Cats like catnip, because it (apparently) somewhat resembles getting high. If the cat gets a pleasure sense from the scratching pole, it may want to use that pole more often.
    I don't know 100%, but that's my reasoning, I'd go with a combination of Kitteh's interactiveness (perhaps a bell as well, or a ball with food inside, so that it'll try to lick some of the food, and feel the scratching pole will lead to a reward,) and LoZ's waterpistol idea. Cats hate being sprayed with water.

D2 Assassin, Barbarian
    & Single Player & SP Trading

Firstly, is he neutered? If not, get him the snip. It'll calm his territorial urges down a bit.

For a cat that's shy, the best thing you can do is let the take it at their own pace. I have found that being approached by a vertical human tends to scare them. While squatting down and calling them can be more effective. Especially if they learn there's a cat treat on the end of the human's arm.

Certainly try cat nip on the scratching post and disuade him from the sofa. You don't necessarily need water - which you'd have to clean up because I guarantee after a while you'll miss. A sharp noise/sound should be enough. I'm sure someone here has been on Skype with me as I growled at a cat at some point.

It's possible he doesn't like being picked up due to a back injury. I've had quite a few who hated being picked up and being rescue cats, it's impossible to know the background.

Also, do make sure his nails are clipped. If he's lived outside, they'd have been worn naturally, if he's now an indoor cat they won't be (even if he is using the post).

Best of luck and thanks for homing a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar View Post
    This time I need cat advice. I know there are cat people among you.

We've adopted a 4-5 year old male cat last week. He must have had a pretty rough time after he was left outside somewhere last year and is very scared about just everything. He's improving big time though and is starting to get used to us and the house. He's very friendly when he's feeling safe and loves attention. He doesn't allow us to lift him up though and that is the problem. He's using one couch as scratching device and not his scratching thingy. Now normally you would just move him to the scratching thingy but he runs before we even get near him and wouldn't let us lift him up anyway.
    Anybody knows how to get him to change that behaviour without pysically moving him?

City of Titans - Smashed the goal - More info here

"Retail made me learn to despise humanity and welcome the apocalypse. Still waiting world."
    - Kellic Youdontneedmylastname