Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 865 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Yea rizzo it was, He had been knocked down by some drunk driver on friday night. I was worried about him and wot would happen and then the worst happened. I only found out while i was in school and my teachers were so such ****** all they told me was to shut the hell up. He was only 14 :(

Solo, Dolph, u still wana swap problesm with me ...... didnt think so.

@rizzo Sorry bout sophie.
    Some things happen in life that we cant help :( Some bloody maniacks (SP) think its funny that they can have a few :buddies: with their m8s and not know what could happen.
    Laterz

IncGamers Member
    Sorry about that Mind, the wording confused me.
    Really sorry about your friend, maybe you should talk to someone? One should not be alone in a situation like that.

Wont answer that swap question since you should not answer things you dont know the answer too...

Again. I am truly sorry.
    My best wishes. and good luck recovering if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BeMindful
    Yea rizzo it was, He had been knocked down by some drunk driver on friday night. He was only 14
    Oh hell I'm so sorry :(

I hope none of you in here has ever been driving while you were drunk. It is to completely disregard everyone else. To be completely selfish and ignorant. And it's absolutely no excuse whatsoever, that you were drunk. My dad has worked for the police in more than 30 years now as their doctor, which means he bloodsamples the drunk drivers the police arrest. It's really a horrible thing to do, and I've heard many a gruesome tale of drunken driving...

Quote Originally Posted by oapwm
    Rizzo is the fresh perspective on life out side of D2
    Thank you oapwm. How are things going with you? Still liking your new avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo
    I hope none of you in here has ever been driving while you were drunk. It is to completely disregard everyone else. To be completely selfish and ignorant. And it's absolutely no excuse whatsoever, that you were drunk.
    Hi doc Isn't this a bit judgemental? Your opinion only, yes?

Sorry if I got carried away. I was only speaking my opinion of course. I was moved by the sad story BeMindFul was sharing... sorry for ranting.

RoninDog: I've thought about starting at some martial art. Do you have an idea at what to start out with? I won't do Tae Kwon Do or Karate though...

Howdy All...I havent been on the forums much today as there were things at work that needed to get done.

@BeMindful - I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend. It is truly a terrible situation and I dont think that anything anyone says here can make you feel better. At least, if possible try to take solace in the fact that your friend doesnt have to deal with any of the bad things that this world can throw at you, and that he/she is in a much better place now. I hope that you feel better. A wise master splinter once said "The path from inner turmoil begins with an open ear." And...pound meph for a while to easy your spirit.

@Rizzo - Glad to hear your gonna start some martial arts. Suggestions for you....well that really depends on your personality. As I only know you through this forum I cannot necessarily make a good suggestion. From what I have seen of you here Tai Chi and Akido would be good for you because they are more spiritual / sensitive martial arts :lol: . Im sure HolyPade would chuckle if he read that...hehe. While I dont think I can give you straight suggestions I can give you some back ground on martial arts that I or friends have dabbled in and it might be able to aid you in YOUR choice:

1. Muay Thai - Extremely agressive and fast paced, requires lots of endurace and conditioning. Requires a certain amount of fight/will to get into this martial arts as you will access some primal parts of your psyche when doing it.
    Very simple but very practical moves that are easy to pick up over time. If you do this you consistently you WILL lose weight. Speaking from experience on this one. Learning a lil Muay Thai will go a long way towards making you a better fighter.

2. Kung Fu - Extremely technical martial art. This will build your flexibility, speed, and precision. It will take a LONG time before you get better at fighting with this one as it is much slower paced and potentially less practical in some cirumstances. It has a spiritual touch, more discipline/focus on the mental aspects of the martial arts. It was also the basis of all martial arts, so much credit here.

3. Judo - Ask HolyPade...hehehe. Judo is a great pratical martial art that is well rounded and will build up several different characteristics. Much slower paced than many other martial arts as grappling can become like a chess game. Being big/strong here will pay off big time while being small will not necessarily hurt you here either. Very similar in respects to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu..the only difference is that BJJ does alot less throws and alot more unconventional locks/submission holds.

4. Akido - Largely defensive martial art aimed at controlling your opponents. Passive in its stance on fighting and will take a fair amount of effort to really become effective. Likes to use the opponents mistakes against them in order to control not necessarily win a fight.

5. Karate/Tae Kwon Do - Great for beginners but not necessarily as beneficial as some of the other martial arts I have talked about. Karate (generally) is largely defensive in my opinion as well and Tae Kwon Do focuses on kicks.

6. Mixed Martial Arts - Now defined as a martial art itself MMA is the wave of the future and will touch on all parts of the martial arts.

7. Weapon fighting, extreme precision here, very technical and slow paced as messing with weapons is dangerous. Fun to learn how to weild all kinds of figting tools though.

8. Jeet Kune Do - Bruce Lees martial art. Extremely aggressive here. Large focus on practicality, and precision. This martial art will teach you how to think outside the box associated with fighting to bring down your opponents quickly and effectively with every movement you make. Totally badass!

For the record I do Muay Thai, BJJ, and Jeet Kune Do.

Best to begin with well....anything that matches your personality.

Hope this helps. Let me know if your interested in learning more about any one in particular. I just spit out some general info off the top of my head.

-roninDOG

IncGamers Member
    What a wonderful rainy day, first rains of the season. We needed a bit of a soaking.

@ Rizzo - I live in Pretoria, South Africa. We have summer rainfalls, and lovely electric storms. The weather here is fantastic, can be hot at times, just last week, which is still Spring for us, we were having temperatures at 33-35 C.

Anyway, it is raining at the moment, and hope it carries on like this to the weekend. Good weather to make knives in.

@ BeMindful - I am sorry to hear about your friend. There are not words that can ease the pain at the loss of a friend. I know it may be hard to believe at this point in time that he is in a better place, because everyone always wishes that there were never taken from them in the first place, I know from personal experiences, but I am sure that they are in a better place and only hope that in time your sorrow and heartache will lessen and that you will think of all the positive times your had together. Sounds corny, I know, but I don't always express myself very well.

On a lighter topic, do any of you non-South Africans know/like Biltong. I don't think it is a South African word, but it might have different meanings/words in different parts of the world. It is basically Meat (in our case beef), which has been spiced (normally Coriander seeds, salt, pepper, and brown (Mollasses) sugar)and rinsed in vinegar and then hung our to dry.

It seems to be like a national food if you like, especially at rugby or any other sports games.

Sorry, my brain is overflowing with thoughts, now that I have had a decent nights sleep. :cheesy:

Anyway enjoy your day

Later
    Q

Goodmorning all! Nice day aye?
    I did not sleep much tonight, since I was on the phone with my scared girlfriend from around 1:15 am to 2:15 am. She thought she had heard something outside her house, and afterwards she found a window open.
    Took some time to calm her down and when she finally went to sleep again I was lying worried and scared in my bed. What if someone actually was there? There would be nothing I could do, except call the cops of course. I live a hundred kilometres away...

Well nothing did happen (phew!) and here I am, at work again. This time another long shift awaits me (from 9 am to 20 in the evening (8 pm for you guys on a 12 hour clock)) but I have the SPF to talk with!

Ronin: well these two sound most interesting to me: Muay Thai and Jeet Kune Do. I have absolutely no idea if you can practice these in my city, but I think I'll try to find out. I'd like to know more about them though...

Have a nice day all! May the sun shine upon you wherever you are

-riz

BattleTag HolyPade-2707
    Quote Originally Posted by roninDOG
    Im sure HolyPade would chuckle if he read that...hehe.

3. Judo - Ask HolyPade...hehehe. Judo is a great pratical martial art that is well rounded and will build up several different characteristics. Much slower paced than many other martial arts as grappling can become like a chess game. Being big/strong here will pay off big time while being small will not necessarily hurt you here either. Very similar in respects to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu..the only difference is that BJJ does alot less throws and alot more unconventional locks/submission holds.

4. Akido -

Best to begin with well....anything that matches your personality.
    @ronin, You're right, I did have a chuckle on your comment... Very nice round-up on the MA's!

@Rizzo, I'll just add my comments to what ronin said:
    Judo, as practised nowadays is much more a sport than self-defense. It can be used very effectively, though, especially when fighting down on the ground.
    I can say from the experience that it's very good for keeping yourself in shape and by changing the pace and training partners you can have varied excercises; stretching, aerobic/unaerobic, power training, speed...

Aikido has sometimes been referred to as the thinking man's art. I have to say that it would suit you perfectly in that sense. I don't know how good it is in the fitness sense, though. Comments anyone?

This is one of my favourite topics, as you've probably noticed already. :lol:

Have a good day everyone!