Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 865 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    It is spelled Capoeira (pronounced kinda kah-po-AY-ra for you english speakers). If you need to know more about it, PM me. I have a friend of mine who has trained it for a while. Here in Brazil it is very common and widespread - which you should expect, since we created it.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrestoni
    It is spelled Capoeira (pronounced kinda kah-po-AY-ra for you english speakers). If you need to know more about it, PM me. I have a friend of mine who has trained it for a while. Here in Brazil it is very common and widespread - which you should expect, since we created it.
    Just talking about it makes me want to try it again.. :0

IncGamers Member
    Hey Everybody,

What a lovely day. Just about to knock off work, in about an hour anyway. Weather is good, and tonight is my knife making evening. I am making the knives that will be elligable to become a Guild member in the next few months hopefully.

Not going to have a chance for D@ tonight, but maybe this weekend. I really want to carry on with my Tri-Elemental Amazon, see how far I can take her.

Anyway, got to go, see you all tomorrow, have a fantastic evening, and hope your D2 finds are all good.

Cheers
    Q

Morning all, I see that this has become a mix of the daily thread and the days of our lives thread, a little funny but good to see people dropping in nonetheless....

@Rizzo, wondering the same about Method and Nacaa myself although I dont want to bug Method about it anymore. He seems like he has got his head on straight and is feeling good about the situation so theres no need to wonder I suppose unless he brings it up again. As for Nacaa he will probably drop by this weekend or the next. Nice work on the run, exercise always helps clear the head. Ask if youd like to know more about JKD. As for the discussion on Capoeira I dont really know all to much about it. It looks cool enough and I have seen it used to a certain degree, it gets its power from full body movements and throwing your oppenent off. My stance on it....tackle them.

@oapwm - didnt see you come on yesterday, how fares the anceints?

@HolyPade - martial arts talk here and your not getting in on it? :scratch:

Good day to all and good luck with life.

-roninDOG

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roninDOG

@oapwm - didnt see you come on yesterday, how fares the anceints?

-roninDOG
    Sup guys and gals,

I used your tactics to beat the ancients - last night!! I was beginning to have doubts. I even contemplated character suicide. However your advice was just what the doctor ordered. I followed it to the tee. I only had to reroll twice to find a non FE. Thanks a million for your D2 wisdom! :clap:
    I feel like a new man - I didn't take the time to defeat Baal last night but got to the WSK wp. I can't wait to run the pits in HELL.

Sorry about my absence in here - work volume has picked up dramatically in the last few days. I check in from time to time throughout the day but I don't always have time to share my true insights into situations.

@Rizzo - Keep up the good work!

BattleTag HolyPade-2707
    Quote Originally Posted by roninDOG
    @HolyPade - martial arts talk here and your not getting in on it? :scratch:
    Sorry about that, busy day at the office. Did some giveaway requests though as I'm trying to equip my FrenzyBarb and Pally for Hell. Hell sure is scary.

Going home now, if I have the chance I'll drop in tonight, RL has kept me away outside the office hours.

Anyway, you seem to do just fine, ronin... :lol:

My mind is clear: aikido is the choice for me. Sorry about the 180 degree turn So, please enlighten me hehe!

Just got home from training, I've decided to reevaluate my workouts. I will probably do more endurance in the future, also with weights. I think that'll do the trick for me...

Today has really been great! I've figured out the martial art I want to start with, and I've even rescheduled my workout! Tonight I'm going for another good run, and tomorrow it's mountainbiking in the forest outside Aarhus (my city) with me bro.

Have a great evening all!

Done at work for today and for the week for that matter....I rarely come on the forums during the weekend as RL presents its needs. Work has increased over here as well so I might be a little scarce this next week, will check in from time to time though....

@Rizzo, wise choice my friend. I was pondering whether or not you were very aggressive and if one of the more "rugged" martial arts would suit your taste. From what I have seen I think Aikido would suit you just fine. Ill see if I can get you more info at a later time.

@oapwm, nice work on the ancients :winner: congrats. My advice really led you to victory? I was hoping it could give you the small edge you needed.

@HolyPade, no problem with being busy, RL comes first.....if you need any gear let me know and I will see if I can help you out...no need to go through giveaway thread just PM me...

Take care all, hopefully ttyl.

-roninDOG

IncGamers Member
    Heya guys, sorry I aint been around the last couple of days.. been sorting out with the car and helping out with odds and ends to do with the heating system that's being installed.

On the Ex front, I aint seen her since saturday, or heard from her either, but with all that's been going on this last week, it's a good thing I think, my head's pretty clear on things. I'm happy we're going to manage to be friends, though I think now it's going to be more a sort of "we speak to each other, and will drink together" kind of thing, as opposed to practically living in each others pockets or going out of the way to see each other, which I think, ronin, you'll agree is a good thing.

As for the other stuff, it feels pretty damn good to actually be useful again, even if it is just calling the garage to see if parts have arrived and can be fitted (going through tomorrow, early as poss), or helping with cleaning up and/or moving things outta the way for folks.

The heating guy has only just (15 mins ago) left us, with a completely functioning system, which he's worked on since 7:30am til, get this, 11:55pm, just as to not inconvenience us with having no hot water and no form of heating. That guy is an absolute star for what he's done today.. he didn't even break for lunch!

All the others however, clocked off at 5pm, so since then I've been helping him out with the parts he needs, finding tools for him, and generally just being there to give him support and a helping hand when he needed it, and it felt great to be able to just help out. And since he's a decent enough guy to talk to, we got on fairly well and have been chatting a fair bit too.. I've even learned a bit of knowledge about how to get things installed and plumbed in over the last few hours, and can identify just about every fitting that he carries with him, and which sizes and what parts will match.. pretty good going, I think.

Anyways, the last few days have been pretty fun for me, but tomorrow is gonna be a mare, gotta take another 20 mile round-trip to have the center-box of our cars' exhaust fitted, and see if I can blag them into fitting the middle-pipe between the center and back boxes, and get him to fit the new back-box and refit the old tip (preferably with no extra cost). Dunno exactly how long that's gonna take 'em to do, but hopefully it wont be long, as I really hate having to mess about with that old rust-box, and suffice to say, if they wont fit the stuff for no extra cost, my day will be taken up by sorting it all myself, so I'll have to source a trolley-jack and find some old clothes to work in, and then find all the right tools for the job. Bah!

Oh well, we had a nice suprise for the heating guy when he left, just for being the gem that he is, we sent him off home with a litre-bottle of Southern Comfort, as a gift for doing such a good job. He only has to bleed the system, fit the last radiator, and then sort out with a couple of pressure-outflow pipes through to the outside of the house, and his job's done, so he'll likely only be here a couple of hours at best tomorrow.

Still need the electrician to come and show us how to set everything up on the heating controls, and make sure we know how to sort things out if something goes amiss in the system, and then have the guy fit the new fireplace (if it ever arrives) since the once they sent was wrong, or it'd be done tomorrow, now we've gotta wait for delivery of a Mahogany hearth + surround for the fire, as the company that sends them out decided to send us Oak instead, morons.

Any way you look at it, though, the jobs mostly done, thanks to one man and his work ethic of "Never leave a job half-done", and things are hopefully gonna return to normal. Never know, this time next week, I might wind up being his apprentice

Sorry for the lack of contact guys, but yeah, busy is an understatement.

Hope you're all ok, and thanks for your support and your concern, I'll get around to posting more and trying to work through some of the things that have been posted here at some point in the not too distant future, so expect more from the madness of Method0nes' abode!

BattleTag beest-1991
    I'd be careful your fingers dont fall off method. with all that typing. tis mind boggling :cheesy: tis it.

well not much from me lately. havent been on the net. been sort of working out. lots of back and forwards from my place to my gfs place. 20-30 mins brisk walk. and been taking the pups on a 45-60 min walk each evening.
    exams start in less than 3 days. so i should be nervous. but im not. oh well. these exams mean precious little to me as im not really hoping to get into uni and thats essentially what they are for. but its better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it.
    girlfriend, whos name is cindy btw(easier to type than girlfriend), is really starting to freak out. spent the last couple of days helping her out with stuff and basically fending off her parents. went to the beach aswell on thursday to give ourselves a break. was pretty fun. cept i got taken out by an old guy in speedos who was body surfing. . then again cindy was in her 'kini :drool: heh

oh yea tai chi will r0xx0r j00r b0xx0rs. lol its great for relaxation. i did it for a few months and still do it now and then when in an area where other forms of stress relief arent exactly viable. now i do koryu uchinadi karate. which is fairly defenseive but has alot of more aggressive moves in it. its okinawan in origin and its a fairly recent style. but its sound based more on movement than tae-kwon-do and other karate styles which use alot more static strength and stuff.

mmmm bacon