Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 421 of 865 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 8650
  1. #4201
    IncGamers Member Sidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn2k


    And I was just building up incredible amounts of hope and confidence... all gone now.:undecided: From Sunday to yesterday we chatted everyday and she accosted me, too, after we saw each other at school. That let me hope... and now...
    Ok, this is some posts back, but...

    DAMNIT REBORN!!
    Just go take action, will ya? Thinking and wishing and dispairing and so on will get you nowhere. You don't KNOW if she's with someone else, you FEAR she is, and all because someone said she might be. You're listening to rumors, you're being negative. The only way to find out all possible things is by talking to here... It's not like this is new advice or something... This is old advice, and everybody and his/her cat has given the same advice. GO TALK TO HER!!! NOW!!! How many times do you wanna hear the same damn thing? Isn't it tiring? Just go, go now, before you WILL be too late... Gah...
    *chokes on wanting to verbally push Reborn into action*




  2. #4202
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,449
    Jeez, I'm such a noob...

    The only thing I do is to hope/wish/fear/despair. Like you said, Sidhe, and it describes my situation best. The only thing I do is to admire her and keep the contact alive and getting to know her a bit better via chat and greeting her at school. And you tell me for months that I should DO something, TALK to her. Yet I haven't done it yet, I am such a noob... Nevertheless I understand all your arguments and know that everything you say is right and logical. These are a few arguments:

    -What do I have to lose? I already feel bad most of the time and I will probably feel released after I did it. There's still a chance that she says yes...
    -If I don't do it, she WILL have another boy somewhen (if she doesn't already have one, that is). She isn't supposed to wait for me forever until I get out of my shoes...
    -We chat often, greet each other and smile, bla, so why should she react averse in any way? One of my best friends once said "Man... if you always chat that much together... then where's the damn problem??"
    -Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost.
    -What will the others think/say? One of my biggest fears, but Arreat_mercenary said that only nadine and me matter in this case. My best friend also said "well, just let them talk!" and the worst thing that can happen is that they take my name in vain or something... But they won't do it forever...

    So, huh? You might wonder why I think so positive... but it's actually all logic. All the arguents were brought up by someone else than me, but I understand them... So, why haven't I done anything serious yet? There's still fear. Fear that I might foozle it... That's because of my low self-confidence. Maybe I should do sports again because I read that sporty achievements raise your self-confidence... on the other hand I wasn't more self-confident when I still did sports...

    Another thought (yes, only thought, dammit, but I'm trying to eliminate my fears and doubts) is that I don't dare anymore because of bad experiences... Do you remember that one time when I tried to talk to her but DID foozle it? When she was with her friends and I just thought "dammit, do it, bla" (which I should do more often) and sat down besides her... And actually SHE was the one who accosted me then ("Hey! Everything alright?")... And I just said a stupid "Erm, no, it's lame because of all the free lessons!" or some crap like that... Maybe this happening is deep in me and I fear that it goes like this again...:undecided: One thing I noticed btw: Since this happening her girl-friend always watches me so... strangely. Not like she would like me (but not that she'd be averse either), but... dunno. And I think she knows that I like nadine very much...




  3. #4203
    IncGamers Member Sidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,013
    Aww honey, you're not a n00b. You're young, that's all.
    The thing is, i guess (and i hope i guess right) all the people who have advised you, have done so knowing their own experiences. So we all have been where you are now. God knows i've had loads of times of really liking a guy and wanting to get to know him better (scary) or even go out with him (even scarier), but being afraid to do more than say "hi", blush brightly, and giggle sillely. Would go on for months, really. Oh god, those happy days of innocence...

    Anyway, the thing is, this semi-talking to one another can go on for months, or even a year, or even longer, without anything coming from it. Again, i know, experience and all that. The only way there is to change this is by actually doing something. That's why we've all been pushing you to do so: because we know how you feel, we know what you're in to atm, and because we know in hindsight what we should have done. You have foresight now...




  4. #4204
    IncGamers Member Jude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,662
    Actually, I've never been shy, so maybe I'm not the best one to advise you on this. I usually just jump right in and be straightforward and see what happens.

    I will say that I've been told numerous times over my life (by friends and family) that I don't even notice the shy tentative people who are trying to flirt with me or otherwise get my attention (my partner likes this trait in me!). So I can assure you that if you are timid, you won't get your intentions across much of the time.

    Jude




  5. #4205
    IncGamers Member Rizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidhe
    You have foresight now...
    :shocked:
    Reborn, please tell me how I die.

    Howdy all! Missed me?




  6. #4206
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo
    :shocked:
    Reborn, please tell me how I die.
    Well, just take a knife and ram it into your head or just stop breathing. Sorry, what do you mean?:undecided:




  7. #4207
    IncGamers Member Rizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn2k
    Well, just take a knife and ram it into your head or just stop breathing. Sorry, what do you mean?:undecided:
    You have the gift of foresigt. Tell me what you have seen!

    Edit: omg I almost chocked to death on some horseradish! :shocked: Seriously




  8. #4208
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo
    You have the gift of foresigt. Tell me what you have seen!
    It's hard... I can't determine it clearly... it's... you offering yourself for gene experiments in the future... you will mutate to a piece of ... and your gf will think it's normal ! And so you will be washed away in 2 weeks...:sad2:




  9. #4209
    IncGamers Member Rizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    4,018
    Still having difficulties breathing I see this depressing news of my life-to-come.. :sad:




  10. #4210
    IncGamers Member erics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,012
    What a way to go... :goofy: ...being rubbed all over my wife in the shower for two weeks. Where do I sign up?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •