Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BattleTag melianor-2318
    Spirit in a Monarch would require 300 Dex (!!!) at lvl80 to achieve max-blocking! That is just insane and even the extra +22 vit cannot really make up for the lost points into vit. With Vit build this would look different since you just would have to get the points for str to wear the shield!
    This is not a blocking shield for a sorc, sadly not at all.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks for clearing that up melianor.

Should I use one of the suggested shields and go max block with my HC sorceress? Or Should I use Spirit but instead have base block and all vita?

BattleTag melianor-2318
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherhood
    Thanks for clearing that up melianor.

Should I use one of the suggested shields and go max block with my HC sorceress? Or Should I use Spirit but instead have base block and all vita?
    The HC Sorceresses i have seen around here all use max-block, since it is safer in some aspects, than going the vita route. I would indeed suggest to use one of the shields mentioned in the guide. Visceratuant is quite a good choice for example.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by melianor
    The HC Sorceresses i have seen around here all use max-block, since it is safer in some aspects, than going the vita route. I would indeed suggest to use one of the shields mentioned in the guide. Visceratuant is quite a good choice for example.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

IncGamers Member
    Thanks for updating, Meli

Hi sasja !

I'm new to DII and Sorceress. Your guide inspired me (along with many others I'm sure) to create a Meteorb Sorc and so far so good. However, I was wondering if any of the new runewords could replace some of your "top" gear suggestions? Alot of players are arguing over the effectiveness of Spirit in a shield for a Sorceress. So, I'm debating whether to go for max block with either Sanctuary, Mossers or Rhyme.. or base block with Spirit.

Any thoughts?

edit: On a side note, I play HC exclusively and therefore safety is very important aswell as killing power.
    Hi, and thanks

The new runewords call for a new edition of the gear selection, and I'll get around to it when I can. The block/vita debate is mostly a matter of playing style - are you an aggressive player, or do you mostly hang back? But I think the Meteorb benefits more than most sorcs from max block as argued in the guide, so - especially if you can twink and get life and resistances easily from your gear - max block is my recommendation.

I just stopped playing HC after getting drop-hacked. I like the hc style, but I want to play with people I don't know - and that's just not really possible in hc. I guess if you were constantly researching the latest hacks, always looking for the tell tale signs and ready to rebuild every once in a while when someone got you anyway, it's possible. But that's not what I like about this game. Good luck to you, though :xsmile4:

IncGamers Member
    Well if you play on Europe sasja, I wouldn't mind starting an HC/HCL char with you.

IncGamers Member
    Well if you play on Europe sasja, I wouldn't mind starting an HC/HCL char with you.
    Thank you
    But my playing schedule is so irregular that I find having a set group to play with is just not functional! I appreciate the offer, though!

IncGamers Member
    Hi sasja.. again

I'm aiming for the following equipment with my no twink meteorb sorceress.

Helm: Harlequin Crest
    Armor: Chains of Honor (Dusk Shroud)
    Weapon: Heart of the Oak (Flail)
    Shield: Visceratuant Heater
    Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
    Rings: Bul-Kathos' and/or Stone of Jordan(s)
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves: Frostburn
    Boots: War Traveler

It is almost (if not) the same as your suggested equipment selection but I'm disputing whether or not to use HotO instead of The Oculus. I would like to use Ocuclus because it''s an orb and orbs lookd good on sorcs but I'm not sure if the random teleport will serve me well in Hardcore.

If I was to stay with the above then my stats would like something like this..

Str, 62
    Dex, 186
    Energy, base
    Vitality, rest

Any thoughts?

IncGamers Member
    Hi sasja.. again

I'm aiming for the following equipment with my no twink meteorb sorceress.

Helm: Harlequin Crest
    Armor: Chains of Honor (Dusk Shroud)
    Weapon: Heart of the Oak (Flail)
    Shield: Visceratuant Heater
    Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope
    Rings: Bul-Kathos' and/or Stone of Jordan(s)
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Gloves: Frostburn
    Boots: War Traveler

It is almost (if not) the same as your suggested equipment selection but I'm disputing whether or not to use HotO instead of The Oculus. I would like to use Ocuclus because it''s an orb and orbs lookd good on sorcs but I'm not sure if the random teleport will serve me well in Hardcore.

If I was to stay with the above then my stats would like something like this..

Str, 62
    Dex, 186
    Energy, base
    Vitality, rest

Any thoughts?
    That looks very cool indeed
    As you're playing untwinked, I think you'll come across an Occulus sooner than a HotO, so you can play around with it a bit and see how you like it! The random tele is annoying, especially for a max-block sorc who expects to take a hit or two with no problem - but it will also save your life occasionally. As your skill as a sorceress player grows, you'll find it increasingly not worth the risk (even more so in HC), so when you can afford it my guess is you'll be ready to switch it for the HotO, uncool looks notwithstanding (I'm actually preferring Wiz Spike to Occulus in many cases lately). You'll be hurting for strength and mana, so collect all charms you find with those mods, even if it's just a little. There's nothing more annoying than having a great armor that you can't use because you don't want to waste the four extra stat points in strength.

Best of luck to you! Come back and tell us how you're doing :xsmile5:

You say in your guide that you should add a few points to fire bolt if you like using fire ball or have alot of + skills. Firstly, how many plus skills are a lot? Secondly, if I have "a lot," what would the optimum end-game skill solution be?

I currently have +9 fire skills and will get more with better equipment; level 76 sorc, max orb, 5 cm, max meteor, max fireball, 5 spare skill points... what now?