so I was just messing around with the character builder and just wondered if anyone ever tried this?
Max Blade shield
Max Claw mastery
10 or so pts in fade
What I was thinking was an assassin with very high health that would choose a large damage claw and just get beaten on all day while shield killed everything. Now the thing is I havn't played in a couple years so I have no idea what that knew patch changed. Anyway this would work? Probably not though huh?
An assassin going melee who is always surrounded by enemies could use that shield as an addition.
But the one point is really enough. :winner:
One point will have you casting it all the time, unless you are wearing a few plus skill items. You may want to get 5 or more points into it so you won't loose it during the middle of a fight.
In 1.09 you could pulse the Bladeshield making it hit as often as your cast rate, but I think there is a Next Delay now that will provent that from working.
However, if you were intent on building it, then I would suggest
1. Maxing Venom. This is one of the only skills that work to add damage to your blade skills.
2. Not using Claws. Non-claw weapons can be much higher damage. This is even after you start talking about CM maxed. CM just isn't really worth the investment, because you can still do more damage with other items.
3. Getting yourself to a high level of defense. This can be further amplified by your Cloak of Shadows so you aren't hit.
4. Possibly you'd want to cheat to use Cobra Strike for more leech. -- This doesn't require a claw to use. And would be highly useful to heal back the incredible amount of damage you'd take. You might want to use this in conjunction with TS, to increase your leach even more. (TS doesn't require a claw either)
5. Bramble Armor-- Increases Venom damage, grants you thorns aura and grants charges of Spriit of Thorns. If only you had Iron Maiden and Thorns worked on all enemies. -- Of course this works counter intuitively with your the idea of getting more defense so you dont' get hit. (Trang's Gloves also helpful for the added Poison Damage).
Read Ristlev's Blade Fury guide to see ways to increase your Blade Damage. But I think no one could expect this to be a great build. It will not have good killing speed.