Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 140 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1427
    IncGamers Member
    For those of you who don't yet know, Psycho is temporarily unavailable. He's on holidays. In America...most of you should check down the road to see if he's moved in next door. But he does not have reliable access to this page like he used to, so in his absence, I'm highjacking the tourney until he returns. Im not certain exactly how active this tournament is, but I'll do my best to post a score update or two over the next three weeks.

In the meantime, if any of you have any questions, by all means forward them through, and if I can't answer them I'll do my best to pass them forward to Psycho.
    Stay safe, and good luck.

I'll update my characters soon, but for now...I kinda need my phone line free, and I don't have ADSL.

IncGamers Member
    Hi everyone,

Played quite a bit this weekend, but still no closer to a second Ko rune. Persephone did gain another level, and my stash of amn runes is growing. Had a bit of luck finding chippies, so most of them could be cubed upwards.
    I'm starting to get frustrated, but I also found a semi-decent shield:

Glyph Badge
    Blade Barrier
    Defense: 309
    Chance to Block: 55%
    +2 to Strength
    +89% Enhanced Defense
    +10% Increased Chance of Blocking
    Fire Resist +8%
    Lightning Resist +8%
    Cold Resist +23%
    Poison Resist +8%
    15% Faster Block Rate

Tried it out on Morpheus who attacked bloodraven, running around for the first time in his new and shiny gear. Now hitting very near to 30 K defense, but my resist are not completely maxed yet. Hopefully my sanctuary shield will take care of that, with more defense, and i may be able to change a few resist charms for more AR/dam and defense charms. The merc is stuck at 15K defense, and does get hit a bit too often, so another good armor would be more then welcome, but I think weapons come first from now on:
    On to the less then shiny points: killing speed. If i don't get a bunch of CB or a lot better weapon soon, I'll be crawling through the game. Even on players 1. Oh well, i sort of knew that was going to happen, and I think my AR is too low as well as my damage. About 4500 AR right now, which the LCS claims is enough for ~80% to hit. I think with my low level it is actually a lot less, it sure seems that way. Oh well, blood raven went down, and that was the important point of the day.

Tried the Merovingian on sunday, and he went through the maggot lair at surprising speeds. Teleporting was dangerous though, monsters seem to target him instead of all the minions if they all stick together. Got me into trouble twice before i learned to be a lot more carefull, and teleport in very small hops. Encouraged by my quick progress, i went onwards and finished the entire act in one long session, stopping only to mule stuff of:
    most notable find was an IK maul, which i had not found in 1.10 so far.
    So plenty points, and some hopefull developments for Morpheus. Any thoughts on leveling in act I? I was thinking the pits, but i am open for other suggetsions.

Team the Matrix II (Gouda) – 216 points
    Conqueror Morpheus - (Barb – Warcries/Com.Skills) – lvl 73 – Act I Hell - just killed bloodraven.
    Conqueror Merovingian - (Necro - Summon/Curse) – lvl 79 – Act II Hell - Finished.
    Conqueror Persephone - (Sorc Fire/Cold) – lvl 82 - Act I Hell - Killing the countess for a %$#@ Ko rune.

Have fun, don't die,

Gouda

IncGamers Member
    Team Tolkien 240 points
    Conqueror Boromir - (Amazon - Passive/Bow) - lvl 87 - Act III Hell
    Conqueror Arwen - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 86 - Act III Hell
    Conqueror Galadriel - (Druid - Summon/Elem.) - lvl 88 - Act IV Hell

Im not sure the points are added up right, but then I never am. Galadriel's completed act IV, Boromir and Arwen have done 2 quests each in Act III.

Ah yes, I finally got bored with pit and countess runs and threw caution to the winds. Boromir and Arwen both sprinted through the early stages of Act III, which frustrate me to no end, grabbing only the flayer dungeon, Kurast Bazaar and Travincal waypoints and completing what quests they could along the way. Boromir amused himself by jumping through gates in the Flayer Dungeon, which looked stupid but saved much time. Arwen was slower, but much safer.

Yet to be seen how Galadriel will handle gloams, so I took her out for a test spin in the less dangerous Plains of the Damned. I wasn't going to push matters, but she did manage to take three hits from 3 gloams each, before hitting half health and no mana and diving for the rejuvs. Looks promising, though her resistances are still far from perfect. Given that the sorceress is worried less by cold, I might trial a 3-diamonded shield for a while in place of Rhyme.

Good luck, hang in there.
    CZS

Exhibition Team Bavarian Forest II - 209 points
    Conqueror Franz - Barb (Warcries/C. Skills) lvl 79 Act III HELL - 78 points
    Destroyer Mich - Necro (Bone/Curse) lvl 56 Act III NM - 45 points - RIP
    Conqueror Theres - Sorc (Fire/Ice) lvl 80 Act IV HELL - 86 points - RIP

Franz - WP: Kurast Docks - Last Quest: Killed Duriel

I did it. I killed Theres. It wasn't me, alone. I got great help from a Boss pack of conviction Black Souls in the Plains of Despair. But before I got killed I managed to kill Izual. Now it is only one of my team left.

IncGamers Member
    Commisserations, AndiDi, and well done on your efforts to date.

Killed Izual before you died...mmm, thats actually a tough decision with what to do with your points there. I'll make a note of it, but pending an overrule from Psycho, consider the Izual quest as completed, and score your points accordingly.

Prize mule still goes to the same email. He won't be too long back (i hope).

Quote Originally Posted by CraZySorc

Killed Izual before you died...mmm, thats actually a tough decision with what to do with your points there. I'll make a note of it, but pending an overrule from Psycho, consider the Izual quest as completed, and score your points accordingly.

You are right. Here is my corrected score:

Exhibition Team Bavarian Forest II - 210 points
    Conqueror Franz - Barb (Warcries/C. Skills) lvl 79 Act III HELL - 78 points
    Conqueror Theres - Sorc (Fire/Ice) lvl 80 Act IV HELL - 87 points - RIP

Franz - WP: Kurast Docks - Last Quest: Killed Duriel

I will hold on to the stash until I have managed to finish with Franz the Barb. I hope I can go with him all the way to Guardian. But Act V can be tough without defense.
    But first I must run the Countess a little bit more to get the runes to upgrade my Steeldriver to Elite. So don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka
    edit: erm, searching through the posts I can't find your email psycho. Where should I send it?
    Tenaka, that is saddening to hear, however I accept your exit from this tournament. But remember, as long as the tournament is still in its playing stage, you can still come back as you are officially M.I.A. If you believe this to be a permanent move from the game, you may email the prize stashes to this address:

screwoffpeopleusingmynames@yahoo.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Mordalles
    hehe, hey, i just read the 1st post of this thread which is already around 137 pages long. in it, it says, registration ends 13 september. is that 2004 or 2005? haha. i guess its 2004. so that means im a bit late to enter.

ill just wait for the next one then.
    You are correct with the 2004 guess, however do not fret. You may enter a team into the showcase section if you wish...but there will always be a next time...

Quote Originally Posted by CraZySorc

No arguments here. The point is yours, as you did actually kill Duriel, which is the whole point of the quest, not the reward

Hey team, I'm enjoying myself here in hot and sunny California. I'll be back in six weeks. I'm glad CrazySorc took it upon himself to take over administrating this tournament in my absence...I'll see him further and congratulate him on a more "personal" level, when I return

Exhibition Team Bavarian Forest II - 212 points
    Conqueror Franz - Barb (Warcries/C. Skills) lvl 80 Act III HELL - 80 points

Franz - WP: Spider Forest - Last Quest: Found some Brain

I managed to get the Countess to drop the runes to upgrade my Steeldriver to a Thundermaul:

Steeldriver
    Thunder Maul
    Two-Hand Damage: 99 to 545 <-- nice
    Durability: 24 of 60
    Required Strength: 127
    Required Level: 77
    Mace Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 76
    Fingerprint: 0xff47da44
    +203% Enhanced Damage
    Heal Stamina Plus 25%
    Requirements -50%
    Required Level +12
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    150% Damage to Undead

With this Franz does 1.2k-7k damage. But I had to do some equipment changes to make up for the +250 AR from the Honor Thresher that I lost. I put a perfect diamond into the helmet and I equiped a Ravenfrost with +156 AR. Now I got 6k AR after my Battle Command. Franz has now 2.8k life and 440 mana.

After that upgrade I moved Franz into the jungles. At first I found the Jade Figurine, next up was the Spider Cavern. Then I ventured around the Forest and found the exit into the Great March and was greeted by some lightning bolts. I quickly turned back and looked for the WP. After I found the waypoint I noticed there was a way to the north. Suprise, there I found the Flayer Jungle and I directly went into the small village that containes the Dungeon and the Gidbinn. The Gidbinn was easily retrieved.
    On the 3rd Level of the Flayer Dungeon I found this unusual map. I have only seen the square map until now.

Franz now rests on the WP of the Spider Forest waiting for more adventures.

IncGamers Member
    Hi everyone,

Finally another update: Played a few hours this weekend, friday actually.
    The program consisted of more countess runs, which finally payed off. In the run that got persephone her 83rd lvl, she also found a Ko rune :clap: , my much needed rune to complete the defensive setup of Morpheus.

So i immediately made a dnice sanctuary shield, hitting a decent 63% res. all, and also a just over average % EDef. So morpheus immediately went out to test this new toy. My charms were all rearrange with the boost in resists, and a few AR/damage charms are now in use.
    It works like a dream, he doesn't get hit, 30 K defense and 74 % block, has 75% resist all,still 1500 hitpoints, and does no damage whatsoever.
    On my way to Hell hellforge now for a new batch of highlevel runes, because if i have to kill the countess one more time I will be sick all over my screen. Morpheus made his first baby step, killing the smith, and freeing Decky. He found the black tower, but i couldn't bring myself to actually kill the countess, and find out that she drops another Ko rune or something like that. Anyway, Morpheus gained a level, and is on his way to act II together with Persephone.

Team the Matrix II (Gouda) – 216 points
    Conqueror Morpheus - (Barb – Warcries/Com.Skills) – lvl 74 – Act I Hell - Going to kill the countess.
    Conqueror Merovingian - (Necro - Summon/Curse) – lvl 79 – Act II Hell - Finished.
    Conqueror Persephone - (Sorc Fire/Cold) – lvl 83 - Act I Hell - On her way to retrieve a hammer.

Have fun, don't die,

Gouda

P.S. Any advice on levelling Morpheus? possible answers;
    - No don't bother
    - Yes, go and run .......
    - Wait till you have reached ......

I can imagine Hell meph as an attractive target, and hopefully by then I'll have a few more equipment choices to make killing quicker.

P.P.S. Morpeus loves little clay dude! More targets is better, and with BO, Shout and mercs defensive aura he survives without problem!

Exhibition Team Bavarian Forest II - 218 points
    Conqueror Franz - Barb (Warcries/C. Skills) lvl 80 Act III HELL - 86 points - RIP

This is my final update for this team. I went into the Durance Level 3. There I stepped into the big open area and the Council Members and Bremm (Holy Shock) ran up to me. I although saw some Vampires. The next thing I heard was a FE explosion, I saw the life bulb drop to 10% or less, I tried to hit the key for the Full Rejuv Potions, but too late. I think Franz was weakened by the FE explosion and killed by Bremms Holy Shock.

Franz Final Stats (from the top of my head): Damage: 1.3k-7k, AR 6k, Life 2.8k, 400 Mana, Res F/L/C ~70 P ~40.

I will send my price stash to Psycho.

It was great fun playing the tourney (even for the second time ). I very much enjoyed it. I mostly liked Franz the Berzerker even when he had AR problems in the end. BTW he was a good Countess runner, even though he didn't have teleport (I had a good short map) but he could kill the countess and her mop really fast. If I'm still around when the third installment starts I will surely give it another try (If I like the rules).