Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 89 of 143 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
    Team Bavarian Forest (AndiDi) – 131 points
    Resl – (Amazon – Passive/Bow) – lvl 24 – Act II Nml - 11 points - R.I.P. Duriel
    Conqueror Hias – (Necro – Summon/Curses) – lvl 75 – Act IV NM - 66 points
    Destroyer Sepp – (Paladin – Combat/Offensive) – lvl 66 – Act IV NM - 54 points

Hias: WP: Harrogath - Last Quest: Cow King
    Sepp: WP: Arreat Plateau - Last Quest: Rescue on Mount Arreat

Sepp stepped into Act V. The Bloody Foothills where very hard, because of these undes Archers. So I had to drink quite a few potions there. But in the end Sepp made it to Shenk and killed him without any problems. Next was Eldricht and his gang (no problem there either).
    Rescuing the guys on the Frigid Highlands was easy once I found all their prisons. Next up was the Arreat Plateau. There I found a few Slingers but not that much, so they were no big threat. I had to nearly explore the whole map to find the waypoint there. On the Plateau a random monster dropped the Rockstopper. Too bad I'm not allowed to use this one. So it went into the stash waiting there for a happy winner.

Recent Set/Unique Items:
    - Milabrega's Robe (The second)
    - Milabrega's Orb
    - Gorefoot
    - Rockstopper

IncGamers Member
    Two interesting facts I've discovered:
    • In Act 2, you can walk up the slanted statue heads. (Pointless, but interesting)
    • When using the Druid Rabies skill on left click, no mana is used until you actually infect an enemy.

IncGamers Member
    Team Melee (Hiedran) - 176 points
    Conqueror Axe - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - Lvl 80 - Act IV H - 86 points
    Destroyer Claw - (Assassin - MA/Shadow) - Lvl 57 - Act III NM - R.I.P. Cloud stalker (Spider Jungle) - 44 points
    Destroyer Mace - (Paladin - Combat/Offensive) - Lvl 61 - Act III NM - R.I.P. Undead doll boss pack (Sewers 2) - 46 points

Okay, I'm MAD. I painstakingly clear out the Chaos Sanctuary. I use the tried and true tactic of pulling minions away from the SuperUniques so I don't get overwhelmed. I TP to the Pandemonium Fortress every minute so Diablo doesn't get two firestorm attacks on my mercenary. I whittle down Diablo's health with crushing blow. I constantly infect Diablo with rabies. One last TP back to the Fortress and what do I get? This.

Diablo had the audacity to die on me while I was in the Fortress. Thank you Blizzard anti-rush measures for the Realm. Two hours down the drain.

I guess this means I need to stop for the night.

@Hiedran:

Now that just sucks. Is this "feature" new in 1.10? In 1.09, I remember that Duriel once died when I was in town (Iron Maiden + Bone Prison) but I could proceed without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz
    @Hiedran:

Now that just sucks. Is this "feature" new in 1.10? In 1.09, I remember that Duriel once died when I was in town (Iron Maiden + Bone Prison) but I could proceed without problems.
    The difference there is that the completion of the Duriel quest is talking to Tyreal, while the completion of the Diablo quest is being in the sanctuary while he dies.

I've noticed that enemies seem to move around a lot, even after I've left the area for town. (for example, I'll come back and instead of being in the neat pack I had them, they've all moved near the portal...) I'm a little surprised that poison damage will still affect them, though.

Tough break! :( I hope you find a Zod when you clear it out again to make up for it.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erimatbrad
    I've noticed that enemies seem to move around a lot, even after I've left the area for town. (for example, I'll come back and instead of being in the neat pack I had them, they've all moved near the portal...) I'm a little surprised that poison damage will still affect them, though.
    I'm not. Sometime earlier in the tournament (Normal or NM) I heard the level up clang while I was in the Act 3 town. Sure enough, I now had shiny red stat and skill buttons and no enemies around my tp.

Quote Originally Posted by erimatbrad
    Tough break! :( I hope you find a Zod when you clear it out again to make up for it.
    So do I. Then I can sell it as a legit Zod, make millions, and retire.

I think that because I didn't get the quest credit for Diablo he'll still drop like it's my first time. I'll just have to not be as stubborn about drinking full rejuvs.

IncGamers Member
    Team Melee (Hiedran) - 177 points
    Conqueror Axe - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - Lvl 80 - Act V H - 87 points
    Destroyer Claw - (Assassin - MA/Shadow) - Lvl 57 - Act III NM - R.I.P. Cloud stalker (Spider Jungle) - 44 points
    Destroyer Mace - (Paladin - Combat/Offensive) - Lvl 61 - Act III NM - R.I.P. Undead doll boss pack (Sewers 2) - 46 points

He put out a crappier drop while I was watching him. The hardest thing about today was getting a set of enemies in the River of Flame that weren't poison immune. Took me about 20 tries.

Only one Prime Evil between me and my first Guardian.

IncGamers Member
    Team “OfTheYear” (tenaka) – 181 points
    Destroyer February – (Sorc - Cold/Light.) – lvl 62 – Act IV NM
    Conqueror March – (Paladin – Combat/Offensive) – lvl 67 – Act V NM
    Conqueror April – (Assassin – Shadow/Trap) – lvl 64 – Act V NM

A few NDEs while March was on his way to conqueror. I just cant resist opening Evil Urns... so of course a boss pack of snakes come out with an extra fast, extra strong leader. Quaff, quaff, quaff... I thought the Ancients were about to be a problem too when my merc died and I had to tank all three but as soon as one died I was fine.

I'm having trouble deciding which of the armors I've found to use for March. None are great enough to be end-game but its possible I'll use one till I start killing Hell Meph. Choices are;

Crow Caw - Highest D, FHR, IAS and Open Wounds
    Silks of the Victor - +1 skills, nice D, mana leech ... but I dont want to spend enough pts on str to upgrade it
    Rockfleece - will be nice D once upgraded, and PDR

I think I'm really deciding between Crow Caw and Rockfleece and it'll depend on if I change weapons and need the IAS.

IncGamers Member
    Team Melee (Hiedran) Final Score - 180 points
    Conqueror Axe - (Druid - Shape/Summon) - Lvl 81 - Act V H - 90 points - R.I.P. Ancients (Korlic)

Forgot to mention that there were three Ancients between me and guardianship.

I'm not sure, since I didn't get to ID all the Ancients, but I think I got waxed by the FE bug. Korlic might have been CE, since I had 15 cold res. But I had 2k life and wham! it's all gone in one Whirlwind.

Now it's time to make a cheese character so I can get my first guardian. I'm debating between a CL/FO sorc, Bonemage, Wind druid, and Frost Maiden.

IncGamers Member
    hi. i opened this thread for the first time today, and was amazed to discover what you are all doing. it sounds like tremendous fun. i wish i had enrolled two months ago. I guess i need to spend less time MFing and more time socializing.

anyhow, i noticed a few pages back on one of the update postings, that there were several players who had not yet started. that got me thinking.

may i play too, pretty please?

i understand the rules, and i agree to abide. i am a rule abiding type of guy anyhow.

i usually play D2 for a couple hours per day anyway, and lately i have been bored out of my gourd with WSK/pindy runs.

if you say no, i will understand. actually, if you say no, i will play anyhow and just keep my own score. keeping score is what sounds fun to me, kind of like the grail.

i thought i would name my team: Archoteuthis, which is the scientific name for the giant squid.

i want to play one standard and two new (to me) builds:

calamari--necro--summon/curse--weapon/jewelry

ikazushi--sorc--lightning/cold--weapon/merc weapon

squidonastick--druid--elem/summon--jewelry/merc weapon

thanks i hope,
    yours truly, waiting with baited breath (or breath which smells of bait),
    bigsquid