Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 35 of 143 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_manzanza
    Well done guys, some nice progress.
    As for me, my computer crashed a week ago, taking all of my DII stuff with it.
    So unless Psycho will let me re-enter, I'm out.

Good luck!

Sam
    The closing date is in mid-September. Of course you're allowed to re-enter, especially under these circumstances.

IncGamers Member
    I'm glad to see the ability to post an update again, I actually went to the darkside forums to see what had happened.

First I took Kochanski through the rest of actI and two the cube. Andariel posed surprisingly no problem to her, beforehand Pitspawn Fouldog did however. And at the entrance to The Halls Of The Dead level 3 there was cold enchanted boss slinger who gave her some serious difficulty, but slowly the pack, and the other monsters around were thinned out and she did manage to beat it. And after Bloodwitch The Wild also went down she got as a reward the most valuable item in the game.
    Afterwards I continued with Rimmer, also to look for possible problems for the other two, the Summoner was difficult as expected, it was also a nasty map, where my skellies don't march ahead to his platform. Luckily I did have a golem, which I could cast straight onto his platform, and that did the trick. Duriel was little problem as expected, but nevertheless he can't continue to act III yet, since Ancient Kaa The Soulless is still unaccounted for.

Team Red Dwarf (Sir Lister of Smeg) – 26 points
    The_Cat - (Druid – Summon/Elem.) – lvl 22 – Act II Nml (7 points)
    Kochanski – (Amazon – Passive/Jav.) – lvl 22 – Act II Nml (7 points)
    Rimmer - (Necro – Summon/Curse) – lvl 26 – Act II Nml (12 points)

I'm still wondering what kind of mercenary to use with Kochanski, for the moment she sticked with the rogue, since I have no idea what aura would be useful to her. Any suggestions? Also with regards to skills.

And the usual question about the rules: when do you get credit for quests? I thought about this while continuing in act II with Rimmer. At some point early in the act you complete the staff, but you still need to take it into Tal Rasha's tomb. When can you count this quest as being completed? The finding of Tal Rasha's tomb is another quest in itself already.

edit: I forgot to mention the items found so far.
    Berserker's Hatchet, Berserker's Headgear, Cleglaw's Claw, Cleglaw's Pincers, Darkglow, Gull, Isenhart's Horns, Leadcrow, Serpent Lord, Skewer Of Krintiz

IncGamers Member
    Team History Class (madmaxxam) 65 points
    Cleopatra - (Sorc - Cold/Light.) lvl 33 Act V Nml
    Rasputin - (Necro - Summon/Curse) lvl 39 Act V Nml
    Ieyasu_Tokugawa - (Druid - Summon/Elem.) lvl 33 Act V Nml

All three have successfully bested Diablo. One of my best finds so far is a rare, eth pike with IAS and LL that I found early in Act 3. I passed it around for a while until I found other good merc weapons. Now it's staying with my Druid's merc, since he needs the most help.

All 3 characters are doing fairly well. Diablo was a pushover for Rasputin at lvl 33, he was annoying for Cleopatra at the same lvl, and he had an epic battle with Tokugawa, who has gone windy. Fortunately Tokugawa came out on top (in no small part due to cyclone armor). Hurricane against Big D isn't so fun when your merc and bear die very quickly. Running circles around him, etc. Rasputin has rescued Anya, and none of the 3 should face too many problems until maybe NM Dury. I still have my doubts about Tokugawa though, and hope that he'll be able to best baal.

Good luck to everyone, and RIP to those few lost characters.

IncGamers Member
    Here is my update:

Team 'Three Old Men' - 65 points
    CatchThis - Barbarian (Combat/Masteries) - lvl 35, Act V Nml (23 points)
    CallOfTheGraves - Necromancer (P&B/Summoning) - lvl 35, Act V Nml (21 points)
    AngerOfNature - Druid (Elemental/Summoning) - lvl 33, Act V Nml (21 points)

I've found 16 items for the stash so far.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PH
    The closing date is in mid-September. Of course you're allowed to re-enter, especially under these circumstances.
    Cheers man

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lister of Smeg
    I'm still wondering what kind of mercenary to use with Kochanski, for the moment she sticked with the rogue, since I have no idea what aura would be useful to her. Any suggestions? Also with regards to skills.

And the usual question about the rules: when do you get credit for quests? I thought about this while continuing in act II with Rimmer. At some point early in the act you complete the staff, but you still need to take it into Tal Rasha's tomb. When can you count this quest as being completed? The finding of Tal Rasha's tomb is another quest in itself already.
    I'm going for Holy Freeze for my Jav/Passive (Liselle). I decided to go for Lightning Fury/Charged Strike. She's doing pretty well, actually. She had a fairly hard time for a while, because I hadn't given her a good weapon... now she's using some Maiden Javs that I found somewhere, which, while not being too strong, seem to be exceptionally fast...

As for the quest completion? I've been going by when the icon turns grey in the quest screen. (With the exception of socket/personalize/imbue quests, of course)

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erimatbrad
    I'm going for Holy Freeze for my Jav/Passive (Liselle). I decided to go for Lightning Fury/Charged Strike. She's doing pretty well, actually. She had a fairly hard time for a while, because I hadn't given her a good weapon... now she's using some Maiden Javs that I found somewhere, which, while not being too strong, seem to be exceptionally fast...

As for the quest completion? I've been going by when the icon turns grey in the quest screen. (With the exception of socket/personalize/imbue quests, of course)
    What are/were you using before getting lightning fury, and what about lightning immunes? I so far put a few points in jab and in plague javelin and synergies. At the moment jab is the most useful skill, but against a lightning enchanted boss it's better to use something else. So far I encounted one immune to lightning lightning enchanted boss, eventually I managed to take him down with poison javelin and normal thrown javelin (didn't have plague javelin yet then) I've since put one point in impale for these occassions, but it's too slow to be useable.
    I was also thinking towards holy freeze, but should I know switch merc to at least get some aura and have another tank besides myself (still no decoy and valkyrie)? Which aura would be best until holy freeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lister of Smeg
    What are/were you using before getting lightning fury, and what about lightning immunes? I so far put a few points in jab and in plague javelin and synergies. At the moment jab is the most useful skill, but against a lightning enchanted boss it's better to use something else. So far I encounted one immune to lightning lightning enchanted boss, eventually I managed to take him down with poison javelin and normal thrown javelin (didn't have plague javelin yet then) I've since put one point in impale for these occassions, but it's too slow to be useable.
    I was also thinking towards holy freeze, but should I know switch merc to at least get some aura and have another tank besides myself (still no decoy and valkyrie)? Which aura would be best until holy freeze?
    For LI's, I'll use Jab. Hopefully the HF merc and Valkyrie will take care of the rest. Jab, to me, seems to be a one-point wonder, and I'll raise it with +skill items. Charge Strike rocks for large enemies or tight packs, thanks to the charged bolts it releases. I think I have it at about level 9, and it does 5 bolts of 1-180 (don't quote me), so that potentially is another 900 damage per hit. It's actually been the main skill I've been using, although there have been a lot of.. issues along the way.

I was using a Blessed Aim merc for the AR boost, but I ditched him for a Barb merc in Act 5, because he had fallen back in levels and I was too lazy to put all that effort in to catch him back up.

I've had some success with going all poison/plague jav in the past, and you might probably have success putting 20 points in Poison/Plague/LF, and then getting a good amount of pierce. With a Valkyrie, you'll have two extra tanks, two types of damage you can deal, and you can still use jab to take care of LI/Poison Immunes. I've never really taken a char like that into hell, though, but I seem to remember that the poison damage does get pretty fat later on...

IncGamers Member
    Team HALL OF FAME 46 points

Andariel - Necromancer - Summon / curses lvl 27 - 13 points - actIII
    Baal - Assasin - Trap / Passive ............... lvl 33 - 21 points - actIV
    Diablo - Amazon - Passive / bow ............. lvl 25 - 12 points actIII

Be Afraid, we are back ! !

Character Rewards :
    Andariel : Jewellery & armor
    Baal : Jewellery & armor
    Diablo : Gloves & Jewellery
    Ancient drop an ort and first monsters in act IV drop sol rune, so I have a good hat now

Team jiansonz - 15 points

Herne (Druid, Shapeshifting/Summoning) - level 24 - Lost City - 7 points
    Odysseus (Paladin, Offensive/Defensive) - level 23 - Far Oasis - 7 points
    Elayna (Assassin, Martial Arts/Shadow Disciplines) - level 6 - Cold Plains - 1 point

I moved Odysseus the Ranger a bit forward. It was disappointing for him that his first bow was so underpowered for /players 8. It got better once I stuck a Nef and another +max damage jewel into the bow. Now, with a cold damage charm and level 1 Holy Freeze, it feels like he actually helps the mercenary. A little...
    Next level, I can start to work on Holy Shock, with its big synergy Resist Lightning. That aura has been great in itself, to help the merc survive against all those lightning beetles. It was a pleasant surprise for me: both that it worked on the merc (I told you I was a Pally noob!) and that the max resistance goes over 75%.

Level 19 is the merc level where I usually start to cube Savage Polearms from chipped diamonds (I think the level requirement for Savage is 19). I have only made three tries so far. Got one Poleaxe which the merc could use right away and one Bill which he has to wait at least 6 levels to use. All the diamond chips that Elayna finds in act 1 will be used in the same way.

Odysseus found a Gull in the Rocky Waste. He will hang on to it and if he ever gets to Hell, he will hold it in his weapon switch. The greedy bastard...