Following the success of the first 'Three Way Dance' tournament it was only logical to run another tournament, in its likeness, after its completion. I've made some revisions to the rules to make this tournament a lot more interesting (and frustrating), in parts. Special thanks go out to CraZySorc and tyrant. for their assistance and ideas. Registrations close on the 13th of September, so there is plenty of time to contemplate what characters and builds will be apart of your team .
- Choose three characters - all characters MUST be from a different class
- ALL characters are to be Hardcore
- Living characters must stay within ONE Act of each other
- Characters can ONLY utilise two skills trees, not all three
- Items can be bought from ALL Acts and difficulties
- Items used may ONLY be Normal, Magic, Rare or Runic
- Crafted, Set and Unique items CANNOT be used on characters or mercenaries at any point except outlined by the 'Character Rewards' section below
- Mule off Set and Unique items (preferably onto stashes please)
- Skills granted by an item for a skill tree that you do not use CANNOT be used if that item is equipped (IE: if a Sorc is using Fire and Cold skills, and uses an Orb with +1 to Teleport on it, the Orb can be used, but the Teleport skill cannot). This ALSO includes inherent skills from socketed items made into Runic items and 'for-all-character' skills present on such runewords as 'Enigma'
- Charges are perfectly acceptable
As an added bonus, players are now given the option of equipping a Unique, Set or Crafted item of their choice when they:
- Have made Destroyer
- And again when they've made Conqueror
- Unique, Set and Crafted items that are to be used on characters CANNOT be muled off onto a stash and then back on when the Destroyer/Conqueror milestone has been reached. However they can be placed on your remaining tournament characters for safe-keeping
The item slots available are as follows:
- Headgear (includes Primal Helms and Animal Pelts)
- Body Armour
- Shields (includes Paladin Shields and Necromancer Trophies)
- Weapons (includes Sorceress Orbs and Amazon Bows/Javelins/Pikes)
- Jewellery (rings and amulet)
- Mercenary Headgear (includes Primal Helms for Act V Barbarians)
- Mercenary Weapons
- Mercenary Armour (includes Shields for Act III Eastern Sorcerers)
But there is a catch that I shall explain. You are only allowed to choose ONE DEDICATED ITEM SLOT per milestone. Not only that, but the two item slots you plan to use MUST be decided BEFORE playing that character. For example:
A player using a Sorceress decides to choose '7. Weapons' as her slot reward for making Destroyer and '2. Body Armour' when she has become a Conqueror. This now CANNOT be changed once he has commenced playing the Sorceress. If this player happens to find a Unique or Set Weapon for his Sorceress (or Crafts one), he MUST leave it on his Sorceress character or give it to one of his other tournament characters for temporary storage. It CANNOT be muled off onto his tournament stash and then put back on once he has made Destroyer with that Sorceress.
- All quests MUST be completed before moving onto the next Act
- Quests do NOT have to be completed in order
- Visiting previous difficulties is NOT allowed unless to socket or imbue items
- Trading is NOT allowed between different players in this tournament, but it IS allowed between your own three characters
- The Cow King MUST be killed before moving onto the next difficulty
- Returning the Horadric Malus to Charsi and defeating Nihlathak are sufficient for completing those quests in Act I and Act V. It is up to you whether or not you use the imbue and engrave rewards
- 1 point per completed quest
- 3 points for finishing Normal difficulty (making Destroyer)
- 5 points for finishing Nightmare difficulty (making Conqueror)
- 10 points for finishing Hell difficulty (making Guardian)
- 1 point for killing the Cow King on Normal difficulty
- 3 points for killing the Cow King on Nightmare difficulty
- 7 points for killing the Cow King on Hell difficulty
- 1 item slot granted for finishing Normal Difficulty (making Destroyer)
- 1 item slot granted for finishing Nightmare Difficulty (making Conqueror)
- 30 points per character finishing Normal (31 points including killing the Cow King)
- 63 points per character finishing Nightmare (66 points including killing both Cow Kings)
- 103 points per character finishing Hell (110 points including killing all Cow Kings)
There it is folks! Everybody's welcomed to join, but remember that this is not for the weak of heart or impatient. The first tournament ran for well over a year, so unless you are determined to be in it for the long haul, think twice about signing up
Oh, by the way - the tournament starts NOW!
I present to the SPF:
Cristahlia - (Amazon - Passive/Bow) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Dysarinad - (Necro - Summon/Curse) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Martabian - (Druid - Summon/Elem.) - lvl 1 - Act I Nml
Cristahlia's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for making Destroyer and '10. Mercenary Weapons' for making Conqueror.
Dysarinad's chosen slots are '7. Weapons' for making Destroyer and '6. Shields' for making Conqueror.
Martabian's chosen slots are '1. Headgear' for making Destroyer and '10. Mercenary Weapons' for making Conqueror.