Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    This sorc sounds like my 89 orber.
    I've remade my Eshield Orb Sorc 2 times now?

Anyways, On my first build I maxed out warmth last besides eshield and I had max block, it honestly beat majority pkers. I had 1.8k life / 2k mana. The advantage of blocking is primarily just against zons for the arrows, melee you can usually just avoid them by tele. Anyways my first sorc was pretty damn good but I wanted to try something new.

My second orber, the one I have now will have 1.2k life/3k mana because I wont have max block and use lidless because I realized most pkers are casters anyways. And this sorc maxed out eshield instead of warmth which for me works a LOT better because I regen about the same amount of mana as before (because of more mana) but I have higher eshield %. Eshield > Bone Necros period.

Well, I recommend just maxing out Energy Shield after that, at lvl 90 it will be like 80% I think. This sorc sounds exactly like mine. If you ever heard of BurningOrb and iceTORNADO

You said you got tanked by Light Sorcs like nothing because of their high damage? And I saw your calculation with like 30000 dmg to mana or something? Anyways, get better FHR if you wanna beat light sorcs and if you really think about they have very slow FCR so as long as you tele around em and most of em just stay put and fire lightning. Orb while you tele around em and you should be able to tank atleast 2-3 lightning shots, same thing with fireball sorcs besides that they usually have 8 frame casting.

My orber so far only loses to Trapasins *but its improving
    STACKERS ARE GETTIN HARDER and HARDER, i was thinkin about using DOOM, but I don't know yet.

Good Luck :yep:

Banned
    im lvl 67 right now. and i have 1740 mana after bo..

567 Orb damage no Charms.

but one thing im a little worried about, my life.

i have 289 after bo....with no charms yet..

does this mean i have to reach deep into my pockets and pay for Cold gc with 30+ life?

or is there some other means of getting 1000+ life..

also , are u on west Sc NL?

we should meet up some time..

im hellstorm88.9 usually of the paladin forums..

and all my friends think im nutz for making this.. they dont think its viable, and i'l "loose all my mana" and " not be able to cast orb or teleport"

IncGamers Member
    Hehe, AGAIN.

This is all I have to say (heres alot :lol: )

1. You do NOT need 95% eshield. 75% + is plenty. Get 20 life scs if you have 75%
    2. You do not need 1800 Damage Orb, 700+ orb dmg is VIABLE. The whole point to high damage orb is your cold mastery. If they stack you, Your orb will always do very little. Patience, Every orber must have it because it does little damage.
    3. FHR IS IMPORTANT. I used to have 40 FHR, Now I went and gone to get 60 FHR, and everything is just so easy now.
    4. "Do you ever run out of mana where you can't orb or teleport anymore?" : NO, I have never, and Why would you max out teleport? I read that somewhere. NO matter what you will regen atleast 30 mana a sec, a lvl 13 teleport = 15 mana? You regen faster than you tele, orb has a 1 sec cast delay anyways, so you will never run out of mana. And usually you lose all your mana if you stay put and let someone fireball the hell out of you.
    5. FCR: I used to have 63 now I changed to 105 and I LOVE IT. Its easy to catch up to.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN :flip: :winner:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyGods
    im lvl 67 right now. and i have 1740 mana after bo..

567 Orb damage no Charms.

but one thing im a little worried about, my life.

i have 289 after bo....with no charms yet..

does this mean i have to reach deep into my pockets and pay for Cold gc with 30+ life?

or is there some other means of getting 1000+ life..

also , are u on west Sc NL?

we should meet up some time..

im hellstorm88.9 usually of the paladin forums..

and all my friends think im nutz for making this.. they dont think its viable, and i'l "loose all my mana" and " not be able to cast orb or teleport"
    If you don't have skill GC's yet, just use some good old life or life/mana charms for now. You can get ~1000 life without using skill GC's with life. When my sorc was still on ladder season 1, I had 1002 life with just plain GC's and 9 SC's of vita. A 20 stat anni is a nice addition as well. GC's with life is the ultimate goal as that can boost you up to around 1500 life if you have 10 of those.

My guess on your low life is that like my sorc, you used a twinked out build that depends on the anni. Jewelry aside, my sorc cannot wear ANYTHING without the stat boost from the anni. I remember hitting level 70, and suddenly my sorc went from fodder to god in an instant. Its also funny with the anni strength bug, all my opponents see is a naked sorc killing them :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by SlashChrono
    Hehe, AGAIN.

This is all I have to say (heres alot )

1. You do NOT need 95% eshield. 75% + is plenty. Get 20 life scs if you have 75%
    2. You do not need 1800 Damage Orb, 700+ orb dmg is VIABLE. The whole point to high damage orb is your cold mastery. If they stack you, Your orb will always do very little. Patience, Every orber must have it because it does little damage.
    3. FHR IS IMPORTANT. I used to have 40 FHR, Now I went and gone to get 60 FHR, and everything is just so easy now.
    4. "Do you ever run out of mana where you can't orb or teleport anymore?" : NO, I have never, and Why would you max out teleport? I read that somewhere. NO matter what you will regen atleast 30 mana a sec, a lvl 13 teleport = 15 mana? You regen faster than you tele, orb has a 1 sec cast delay anyways, so you will never run out of mana. And usually you lose all your mana if you stay put and let someone fireball the hell out of you.
    5. FCR: I used to have 63 now I changed to 105 and I LOVE IT. Its easy to catch up to.

GOOD LUCK AGAIN
    1. Hmmm, i'd have to disagree on that one. At 75% plenty of attacks will still stun you, which is a bit of a problem. Then again, you do have plenty of FHR so its probably not to bad for you.
    2. I don't think 1800 orb is even possible. Highest I've seen is around 1500 and highest theoretical is like 1600 or so. 500 damage orb is viable, but the more damage the merrier in the end :winner:
    3. FHR isn't terribly important except against trapsins if your ES is higher than 90%. By then, only hammers and a solid lightning blast does enough damage to stun, and those are pretty easy to dodge.
    4. Agreed. Regen rate is about 100 mana a second and teleport cost is like...4-5 mana if you have a high ES.
    5. 8-frame isn't absolutely necessary. Since he's going with a HotO it is more easily achieved than if you use a fathom. I've always done just fine with 9-frame though; even back in 1.09.

Banned
    actually no,

i did ur stat sugestion and i could wear imps (str req 30)

then that gave me 35+18

then i could wear vipers...

so the anni right now is just extra... 17/15/10

and i can afford those Cold gc, but will my life rise as i lvl higher?? i hope..

anyways. Im on UsWest

Hellstorm88.9 Msg me some time i want to see ur sorcy in action hehe..

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyGods
    actually no,

i did ur stat sugestion and i could wear imps (str req 30)

then that gave me 35+18

then i could wear vipers...

so the anni right now is just extra... 17/15/10

and i can afford those Cold gc, but will my life rise as i lvl higher?? i hope..

anyways. Im on UsWest

Hellstorm88.9 Msg me some time i want to see ur sorcy in action hehe..
    Sorcs gain like 1.5 life a level which is modified by BO, and shako also gives that much per level although its not modified by BO. The bulk of your life is going to come from charms and BO since you aren't putting into vitality. Until you get those Cold GC's, either use plain GC's or if you need life really badly, life GC's. You can always just switch them out later.

I'll find you sometime. /w *andychrono

Banned
    Got my life Gc's

9 x 25-35 life gc to be exact..

and i figured out that i wont get max Es untill lvl 97 or 96... :scratch:

is there something i forgot....

i took into consideration +9 Es staff.. Memory or w/e...

my cold damage isn't 1k yet but im planing on faceting my Shako / Viper magi ...

i also found great shield..

Jewelers Tower Sheild of Deflecting..

(3 x Perfect Facet)

max block/ FbR / cold damage / neg cold resist... = wonderful.

IncGamers Member
    How much can a druid's cyclone armor absorb of an orb? How tough is a tele-wind druid to beat with orb?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn4mik3
    How much can a druid's cyclone armor absorb of an orb? How tough is a tele-wind druid to beat with orb?
    With + 13 all skills, +10 elemental, and cyclone maxed out along with synergies: 2800.

With (high-end) damage of 1.2k orb, it will take: 2800 / 200 -> about 14 shards. Which just so happens to be the maximum amount of shards a single opponent can take from a single orb.

You have a chance if he:

1) Did a poor job of investing
    2) Hasn't got many skillers
    3) Forgets to recast

I've only battled as a druid so far, in pvp. Your best chance is stocking up on +%cold skill damage equipment. And all the +skills you can get

Or coming up with a brilliant strategy that catches him off-guard without his cyclone armor. (NO! NOT NK!)

Banned
    i dueled a wind druid the other day..

its practically impossible for me to kill it with my Orb / Es sorc..

we did a test and it would take 1-2 FULL orbs to go thru him before he took any sort of damage.

ONe way to get damage on him, get a Act1 Merc with a WF and teleport around the druid... that might do some physical damage to him...