Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Hmmm, normally it wouldn't be a problem from something like fireball....but since you can't use BO.... shrug

Its ultimately up to you.

IncGamers Member
    Mkay then.

I'll build it, taking into account all recommendations already made, and will post my results once I'm done.

Which will be in three months. (Can't really start till the end of summer - my better comp is in Poland).

I'll start buying the stuff now, though.

Er... feel free to post here something like "Don't buy this and that!!!"

IncGamers Member
    Socket your stuff with perfect sapphires and your shield with a sur rune. This way you'll get a hefty boost to your mana. Ignore DR% with ES, and don't pay too much attention to resistances. You get like 50 damage from a full damage fire ball at 0 resist with ES, just gotta keep that mana up. All you need is about 800 life (so you don't instantly die to poison/OW)

IncGamers Member
    Would that require a very high level es?

I'm just not all that sure about it. It could drain my mana almost right away, and why not just lower the %absorbed so some more goes through the entire mdr, resists, and absorbs process, ultimately resulting in less damage. Basically, to have the es as a sort of backup/boost to my life/tankability.

Any chance there's someone out there who's made a max es sorc and could pitch in their 2 cents?

Banned
    When your saying GC's are u talking about Cold Gc's? Or LIght ones?

Cuz i think that even if u didn't have lvl 40 ES, it would still be viable. Right?

And about shields.

Is Whistans very viable in pvp? or is there something better to achieve max block?

ES always interested me, i just never knew how to make one..

THX> one other thing. How much Fcr did u say u had. it seems like urs is kinda low....maybe im reading wrong..

EDIT::::::
    another thing....

might i suggest using a HOto instead of fathom.... i think having more Fcr is better then more damage. also..

HOW DOES THIS BUILD DO DAMAGE WISE AGAINST GOOD PVP'ERS Is the 1.2k damage enough to kill fast? Effectivly?? Ive been trying to make / find a good build for this and it appears that u have done this.... just wondering..

Banned
    ok im a moron and i can't read.

i didn't read all threads and i just answered my own questions..

IncGamers Member
    um..... ok dude ^^

Cuz i think that even if u didn't have lvl 40 ES, it would still be viable. Right?
    I don't feel this question has been answered. :(

Come on people... Should I dump massive amounts of stat points into mana and energy shield, or should I only have a bit extra mana, and a low % energy shield?

What kind of mana is attainable? For what reasons is either better?

IncGamers Member
    Just a few notes, it depends on your teleport speed and somewhat on your gear, but I've worked the numbers out and for a general guide:

1500 mana or less = add pts to teleport
    2000 mana or more = add pts to warmth

Most eshield sorcs should use warmth if they place any skillpoints into one..

Pre-Buffing with a Cold skill orb, and a +3 ES Memory staff will help alot. Also remember Memory gives you Static field, nice for those long PVM leveling games..

At 95% (skill level 40 EShield), most resistances other then poison are meaningless.
    If 11K elemental damage hits you, it first goes through the following damage order:

11,000 damage
    17% pvp multiplier: 1870 damage
    95% Energy Shield with 20 TK: 1870*.95*.75 = 1332 mana lost

5% damage to life: 93.5

Of course with full resists you'll lower that much further, and some decent swappable resistance gear may help against a few opponents, but your main concern is usually keeping your mana pool active when dueling against multiple opponents.

If you do NOT go with MAX energy shield, and get the necessary gear to keep your eshield above 85-90%, then resistance becomes that much more important.

% Cold damage gear really does help. Ormus + Death Fathom's + Cold facets at minimum are a must. Coldskill charms do not as as much damage as they used to add, but they are still important for high -cold piercing.

20 Pts in Ice bolt = the same as 40% cold damage gear. Nice, but not an absolute requirement. With very good life/mana and coldskill+life charms Nightwing may be viable, especially considering that Harlequin Crest's +mana/level doesn't get multiplied by max mana gear like sojs, frostburn, arachnids, or lidless anymore.

Regen is definetely nice. A nice +2 sorc 18% cast rate 6 replenish life +24 mana doesn't hurt either. Any regen gear is a huge bonus for this build, and my most frequently used caster ring is a 10% cast 8 repl life, 66 mana, ..etc.. ring.

20% Fathom
    20% Ormus
    20% Lidless
    20% Arachnid
    15-20% amulet
    10% cast ring (magic) with 100-120 mana

105% / 8 fps casting vs melee/physical

(Vs casters, which are the ones moving around the most anyway)

20% Fathom
    20% Ormus
    (Whistans)
    20% Arachnid
    +2 10% cast +dex amulet (for block)

63% / 9 fps casting vs melee/physical

Again, I went with the cold facets, max TK + ES, Orb + CM, 1 PT ice bolt, and rest in Warmth. The +% cold damage gear makes up for the lack of synergy nicely.

A few mana regen #'s: (in terms of mana per sec)

1500 mana

200% regen: 37.5
    250% regen: 43.8
    300% regen: 50
    400% regen: 62.5

2000 mana

200% regen: 50
    250% regen: 58.3
    300% regen: 66.7
    400% regen: 83.3

2500 mana

200% regen: 62.5
    250% regen: 72.9
    300% regen: 83.3
    400% regen: 104.2

3000 mana

200% regen: 75
    250% regen: 87.5
    300% regen: 100
    400% regen: 125.0

Just also remember a larger mana pool is more important then high warmth or +regen equipment, as the second your eshield drops you'll typically die.

When dueling it's important to watch what tends to drop first when you die, your life or your mana pool. If life, add more resistances (DR gear/el.resistance charms, etc) If mana, then either be more careful & defensive, or wear more +max mana gear, or swap a few of those poor skill charms for a few life/mana charms...

IncGamers Member
    Hands down, thanks for your post. Thing is, I can't go the +% cold damage route.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    while having no more than +30% increased cold skill damage. (rule...)
    So I'm capped at +30%

...but reading all that makes me very tempted to ditch euro-pvp and find some other place. It sure sounds good.

I think I'll think about this in the morning though... A bit of a buzz right now...

Edit: This is such a useless post... sigh...

Banned
    and why would u use DOl runes??

isn't 2 x coldfacets more helpful??

the life u gain back from Dol isn't worth it in pvp.. if ittakes you longer then 30 seconds to end a duel, then the sorc isn't workign right..