Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Middle of an island
    Posts
    2,957
    Quote Originally Posted by TekkaZeroX
    I use to like having 95/95/95/95 in resistance with my avenger, until I realized that it was really pointless (except for lightning and fire resistance). I think damage is much more important than max resistance.
    Yeah, the fire/cold/poison is pretty much useless, but it still sounds cool. :teeth: With SoE and some other absorb, it's still nice to know that he is totally immune to any monster elemental attack.




  2. #22
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXdreamer
    Yeah, the fire/cold/poison is pretty much useless, but it still sounds cool. :teeth: With SoE and some other absorb, it's still nice to know that he is totally immune to any monster elemental attack.
    Personally, I consider lightning and poison the most important to get over 75%. Lightning is sufficient at 85% with +20 absorb (read: Thundergod's). Poison is the one worth having at 95% though if you run Baal...Achmel's poison is just horrible, and 95% greatly increases your survivibility greatly there.




  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hässleholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,342
    It's easy to achieve with a Hammerdin. Um'd HoZ, Wizardspike and Guardian Angel

    DX




  4. #24
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    710
    One word on poison resists: Antidote potions. They boost your poison resistance *and* max pois resist for 30 seconds. Drink one before Achmael, drink one afterwards to clear up the poison. They even work on mercs.

    Poison length reduction is usually more effective than poison resist anyway. If you're really paranoid, switch on Death's Gloves.

    Chris




  5. #25
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebird
    One word on poison resists: Antidote potions. They boost your poison resistance *and* max pois resist for 30 seconds. Drink one before Achmael, drink one afterwards to clear up the poison. They even work on mercs.

    Poison length reduction is usually more effective than poison resist anyway. If you're really paranoid, switch on Death's Gloves.

    Chris
    Very true, but you're forgetting the "player laziness" factor here




  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebird
    Antidote potions.
    What are these? :scratch:




  7. #27
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    77
    I was surprised how easy I got to 90+ res all, just did it last night on my hammerdin for WSK runs. Moser's with 2 pdiamond, Mara's, Guardian Angel, Tgods and wiz spike was about it. Now I am going to start swapping in MF to see what I can still do them with.




  8. #28
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    75
    well my paladin has 90/90/90/95 with this set up...

    (only listing things that have +resistances)

    Anderials Visage (-30 F, +70 P)
    High Lords Wrath (+35 L)
    Guardian Angel (increases max of all +15)
    Grizwalds Honor w/ 3 perfect diamonds (+102 to all)
    Natures Peace (+26 P)
    Sandstorm Treck (+62 P)
    Grand Charm (+28 C, +20 F, +30 F, +19 C)
    Large Charm (+6 ALL, +12 F)
    Small Charm (+6 F, +5 F, +9 L, +9 L, +4 ALL, +11 F, +9 C)

    Phew... ok lets total it up:

    Fire : -30, +102, +20, +30, +6, +12, +6, +5, +4, +11 = +165
    Cold : +102, +28, +19, +6, +4, +9 = +168
    Lightning : +35, +102, +6, +9, +9, +4 = +165
    Poison : +70, +102, +26, +62, +6, +4 = +260 (a little over kill :P)

    there you go




  9. #29
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,812
    I simply use a 110% resist all pally shield (with 4Pdiamonds) with my hammerdin. Sanctuary would be the richer version With that, either prismatic jewelery+charms can get you 90 resists all. Of course, I haven't found a HoZ yet :lol:




  10. #30
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbearie
    I simply use a 110% resist all pally shield (with 4Pdiamonds) with my hammerdin. Sanctuary would be the richer version With that, either prismatic jewelery+charms can get you 90 resists all. Of course, I haven't found a HoZ yet :lol:
    Yeah, my main problem is so many equipment slots i've reserved for choice gear. HoZ for shield, Crown of Thieves for helm, Guardian Angel for armor, Dracul's Grasp for gloves.

    I'm going to start lots of Pit runs with my fishy, he can get to about 440% MF now. Hopefully i'll find sufficient equip and charms to outfit my pally properly. Might even try out Hell Cows - CE should make running them relatively easy.

    I wonder how Lightsabre would be as an endgame weapon. I'd intended on Baranar's for the elemental damage and bonus to attack rating, but the 25% lightning res from Lightsabre would help (of course, i haven't found one yet, so may be a moot point, lol).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •