Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut
    Ahh... so I guess I am somehow on my own... I am not exactly a CE fan... dunno why.

So Blood, Iron and Fire Golems are not really worth it? I wanted to go for Fire Golem... I am just concerned about their survival in NM and Hell
    You're not on your own at all. That sort of build is more the classic Overlord (Summoner). I brought one of those to Guardian with no CE. I had a wicked fire golem (15 pts at the end) with maxed golem mastery - he survived very well all through the game. The build does kill more slowly though.

I just point this out so that you realize you have options besides the fishymancer that everyone else is doing. :uhhuh: (No offense to Nightfish intended.)

Not on my own..? Damn! hahaha kiddin'

When you say slow it isn't as slow as it looks right AE? And you yourself would be against the maxing of Magi also?

When you say slow it isn't as slow as it looks right AE? And you yourself would be against the maxing of Magi also?
    It's pretty slow, but very safe for HC Oh, and I forgot to mention, I used an A2 Thorns merc too - I'm such a contrarian!

I only had one point in mages, but +skills brought it to 7 & I used them in most open areas, or if I needed extra elemental damage as HBB said. I'd clearly invest in revives before mages.

IncGamers Member
    factotum, I plan on using P8 all the way anyway (not perhaps if even I reach the MF stage). Will CE still help when I think I am doomed to be in for a loooong and boring ride in Hell?
    Well, CE doesn't scale with number of players, so it's bound to be more effective at /players 1. However, consider this: a decent level CE will hit everything nearby (and "nearby" means anything within 9 yards at Slvl 20!) for 60-100% of the /players 1 life of the monster you blow up, and this is mixed fire and physical damage so there's not much which is immune to it. Add Amp Damage or Lower Resist (depending on circumstance) and the damage goes even higher.

A Zombie in Act 1 Hell has over 3000 hit points. No matter how buff your skellies are, they ain't going to be able to deal 3000 damage in a fraction of a second to every creature within 9 yards!

Besides, CE gives you something to do besides act as curse ***** for your skeletons :-).

Yes AE... I can see that now! I think I will do the same also, trying out revives first because I am still unsure if I want to do this or not. He is currently at lvl 19 Outer Cloister. I have a long test tom so I am studying my butt off plus other deadlines to meet. :(

factotum, you have brought up a great point. But then, how big is the circumference of 9 yards in DII?

I guess an overlord or fishymancer can just summon his baddies and go in the middle of the field and have a snack, how about a date with the rogue archer? Or a picnic with your Might auraed merc? hahaha

Banned
    Yes AE... I can see that now! I think I will do the same also, trying out revives first because I am still unsure if I want to do this or not. He is currently at lvl 19 Outer Cloister. I have a long test tom so I am studying my butt off plus other deadlines to meet.

factotum, you have brought up a great point. But then, how big is the circumference of 9 yards in DII?

I guess an overlord or fishymancer can just summon his baddies and go in the middle of the field and have a snack, how about a date with the rogue archer? Or a picnic with your Might auraed merc? hahaha
    Revives are good, but they are terribly stupid. :teeth: If you can teleport they are good, but then if you don't have Enigma to teleport their backsides around is expensive. Try and get the better ones in each act, I found that:

Act I - Corrupted Rogues and like, Misshapen and type, Vamps where good
    Act II - Urdars
    Act III - Thrashers and type, although they are slow, Urdars, Council Members
    Avt IV - Doom Knights, Balrogs, Gloams and Urdars
    Avt V - Frenzytaurs, Doom Knights, Gloams, Council Members

Regarding CE...LOL, I've only divested one point in it so far, after maxing Bone Spirit it is next on my agenda (everything else is done) and I just madly click and watch things die :innocent:

Thanks for the tip Milamber

I thought about maxing one bone spell instead of going CE (so that I would still have that sense of independence), but then without the synergies it wouldn't be as good as it was potentially made to be...

Watching things die really is fun... but then I love to make things die (that's why my first love is Barb)

Banned
    Thanks for the tip Milamber

I thought about maxing one bone spell instead of going CE (so that I would still have that sense of independence), but then without the synergies it wouldn't be as good as it was potentially made to be...

Watching things die really is fun... but then I love to make things die (that's why my first love is Barb)
    Well the build I am doing is known as a WFmancer or Bone/Skelly Hybrid.

20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeletom Mastery
    20 Bone Spirit
    15 CE
    Prereqs
    2 Summon Resist IIRC

The idea is to use the 'Marrowalk Feature' hehe for the synergy bonus.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Well the build I am doing is known as a WFmancer or Bone/Skelly Hybrid.

20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeletom Mastery
    20 Bone Spirit
    15 CE
    Prereqs
    2 Summon Resist IIRC

The idea is to use the 'Marrowalk Feature' hehe for the synergy bonus.
    well if she want to go hybride, I've made a pat hybride bone/summon which is realy powerfull the skill points will be like this (much better):
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Skeletom Mastery
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Wall
    1 in Summon Resist, Clay Golem and Golem Mastery
    1 in amp, decrepify and dim vision
    1 in pre request
    use a white rune word in a wand with inherite +3 bone spear and some other usefull bonuses like CE or RS, and use Marrowwalk. My necro is now clvl 88 and has:
    3600 bone spear
    800 dmg absorb from bone armor
    13 skelly each with 1 k life and good dmg (don't remember but it's something like 500)
    and of course a might merc.

IncGamers Member
    In my opion is any necro build with 20RS, 20 SM, 1 pt Amp and a might merc viable.
    Add a clay and decrep curse for bosses and summon resist and you can handle (almost) anything.

I consider revives a 1pt wonder (+8-10 summon relatively easy atainable, and 9 suckers is more then enough).
    I revive the council and vampires before I do Meph, Balrogs before Diablo, and both before Baal, although I sometimes get Urdars or something with CB for the latter.
    Furthermore I revive archers in the Pit.
    Archers + amp + might behind meat shield = dead monsters

What comes next after the summons just speeds up your killing and is up to your own taste.
    I like poison, so I added PN and PE. (still waiting for a Deaths's web and trang's pieces though...)

Grr pIER