Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Are barbs even viable PvPers anymore?

Melee duels, decked out conc barbs gets demolished by botd zealers, Caster duels, ww barbs get owned by bonenecs, sorcs, fohers. If you know a barb build that can do more than BvB, please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAallstar
    Melee duels, decked out conc barbs gets demolished by botd zealers, Caster duels, ww barbs get owned by bonenecs, sorcs, fohers. If you know a barb build that can do more than BvB, please enlighten me.
    No its not possible and believe me im angry about it too and i have even tried a Bard. It would have worked save for the warcry to be blockable... why would a sound be blockable. I guess blizz has something against barbs because regardless of your build your not going to beat a caster with even a little skill unless you stack absorb insanely.

IncGamers Member
    doesn't take much skill to kill 75% of casters with barb, using minimal or no absorb.

IncGamers Member
    Its a matter of catching the casters. A properly decked out barb can take punishment from sorcys and fohers indefinitely. As for botd zealers, technically, all you need is to be able to do more than half their damage since you really should have more than double their life. A necro, on the other hand, is a game of cat and mouse. Duck, duck, duck, rush in, miss, rush out, duck, duck, rush in, baam, dead.

I see your point, but I don't think its as hopeless as you make it out to be.

IncGamers Member
    Yes, yes they are, very much so.

The build is still ww.

Banned
    Ask revolutions and joesmith I think it is.

Anyway to make a good barb it's certainly NOT cheap.

IncGamers Member
    Barb own the PvP scene if you know how to make them properly, Revolution is a very good Barb, played him once and got pwned so badly. People like him can show you how to beat a caster with a Barb.

But Barbs should be able to kill most casters if used properly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliarios
    Barb own the PvP scene if you know how to make them properly, Revolution is a very good Barb, played him once and got pwned so badly. People like him can show you how to beat a caster with a Barb.

But Barbs should be able to kill most casters if used properly.
    WW barb, right? Is the use of enigma essential for vs casters? thnx.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAallstar
    WW barb, right? Is the use of enigma essential for vs casters? thnx.
    I wouldn't call it essential, but it does help alot.

I'd say its essential. That or some other means of tele, but Enigma is by far the preferred method. The boost to r/w, +str, +2 skills, etc are all welcome additions too.

Bone necros will always be a problem if they are built correctly and are played by a decent player. They tele faster, do loads of damage, are ranged, and can probably take more physical punishment than a couple melee builds out there. The cards really are stacked in their favor.