Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Best sorc killer in pubbies?

I have a v/t and a lib, and I'm having trouble getting a hit on those -10000000000% res blizz sorcs or fb sorcs. If they tele into my hammers then they obviously die, but the smarter sorcs just snipe, and tele too fast to charge. FoH works semi well, but they just throw on a tgods and it totally negates my low FoH. Is a bone necro good for it? Spear or spirit?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Praesidian
    I have a v/t and a lib, and I'm having trouble getting a hit on those -10000000000% res blizz sorcs or fb sorcs. If they tele into my hammers then they obviously die, but the smarter sorcs just snipe, and tele too fast to charge. FoH works semi well, but they just throw on a tgods and it totally negates my low FoH. Is a bone necro good for it? Spear or spirit?
    vigor charge around and you'll be invisible to them then chargea t them or use invsible hammers. as for v/t charge around them try n get a convction lock and keep fohing most sorcs have crap res and will die pretty fast also charge smite works and get some res or stack so they won't be able to tank u easily.

IncGamers Member
    Ahh that must be desynching. Still dont understand how to do it though =/.

Banned
    Wind druid.

IncGamers Member
    Windy is the easiest for most sorcs, although some can give you serious trouble without absorbing. Blizz will still 2 hit kill you so you have to be careful. A godly light sorc will 2 hit kill you normally if you don't absorb. I usually go about 50/50 with good blizz/light sorcs. They are few and far between though, normally all sorcs are easy. I've met only one of each. You can beat any sorc with the proper res/absorb though. Keep that in mind.

Desynching is not really something you do. It is more an effect of charging around with vigor. Charge around with vigor and you will appear to be in a different place than where you actually are. You can see exactly where you are, but your oponnent will have no clue. You don't even show up on the other guy's minimap.

IncGamers Member
    How can you tell when you're desynched on their screen.

IncGamers Member
    when they shoot at a location when u arent at

If you want to straight out negate them, you're v/t should have no problems.

For Fire Sorcs:
    30 res - Anya
    15 res - Um'ed GA
    72 res - Um'ed HoZ
    85 res - Um'ed Kira's (a lower Kira's will do, just using a perfect for this)
    -------
    202 Total

This leaves your rings and ammy free to use dual Dwarf's and a Rising Sun if you choose and grants you 202 fire res total, 102 in hell. Due to GA it will hit 90 and still have 12 res stacked against facets. If they are really loaded up on facets, just use Salv and you'll maintain your invincibility. Assume 1 facet in helm, armor, weapon, and shield. This means -20% maximum from facets. If you are rich and made a Silence Phase, then this is another 75 res and will allow you a bit more freedom in your gear. If you want to be a real a** and go for 95% res use Waterwalks, Infernostrides, or Hotspurs.

For Cold Sorcs:
    30 res - Anya
    15 res - Um'ed GA
    190 res - 4 P Sapphire shield (my shield has 30 res base, +160 from gems)
    85 res - Um'ed Kira's (a lower Kira's will do, just using a perfect for this)
    75 res - Silence Phase
    30 res - Mara's
    ------
    425 res Total

Let's assume -225 cold res (level 42 cold mastery) and fighting in hell. -325 res so far. Facets in gear is another -20%, thus -345% res. With the setup above you will still have 80 cold res in hell and still have your ring and belt slots open for Ravens and a Snowclash if you want. If you want to hit 95% cold res just turn on Salv.

Both of these setups don't take into account an Anni or any other res charms, so if you have some more res coming from charms, that can also allow more freedom in gear. Remember, these setups assume your opponent has the utmost best gear (that I can think of at the moment anyway) and most pubby sorcs won't have this level of gear.

IncGamers Member
    DOOM carrying cold sor can have -60 resis

IncGamers Member
    Play better than them, that's the best way.
    Sorcs in public are usually really weak, alot of them are geared for MF and use full Tal Set, no ES, or no Shield even, and on top of that they have little to no experience with using their main attack or Teleport properly.

If you're willing to make a new char that kills Sorcs fast, then go for :

1) Wind Druid with Enigma Teleport
    2) LS Trapper
    3) A better FoH Paladin