Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baranor
    reminds me that I need to include the level 18 hammerdin, the impala-dispose zon and a sacadin setup too. feel free to make em.

charged boltress anyone?
    ok ok wait a second.

The level 18 hammerdin??? What's that gonna kill? Please tell me you are kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy_VI
    ok ok wait a second.

The level 18 hammerdin??? What's that gonna kill? Please tell me you are kidding.
    oh at least 18 poor PvM-ers that crossed my path...

60 unblockable damage per hammer works nicely against poor pvm-ers that didnt know what was coming for them. in case you failed to notice, I did also do a lot of less seriously inclinced builds ^_^.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baranor
    oh at least 18 poor PvM-ers that crossed my path...

60 unblockable damage per hammer works nicely against poor pvm-ers that didnt know what was coming for them. in case you failed to notice, I did also do a lot of less seriously inclinced builds ^_^.
    That is the same premise for my lvl35 orb pk ^__^ Nobody expects it, and therefore they die.

BattleTag Kokomala-1469
    The Low Lvl Necro Dueler AKA Telecro.

Below is the result of intense research, common knowlege and facts, interpritation and application of dueling methods to result in this build. I know for a fact that I was one of the few people to discover and develope this build on USeast HC, within a month of the release of LOD.

Out of all of the low level dueling builds this is one of the most interesting. There are 2 different versions. With or without minions. Mercenary usage is optional though the damage bonus is amazing should you use one. All are potentially lethal to pvp duelers in the same item class as well as possibly quite higher.

First there are some some facts that you need to know:

*All summoned minions (skeletons/golems/valks/shadows) suffer a 1/2 pvp penalty.
    *Faster golems means that you do not have to be as accurate in your teleport.
    *Teleport staves are lvl 24 requirement and can be bought within 10 mins. Cheapest I've seen them sell for is 10k, highest is 100k+ due to other bonuses.
    *Most common ammount of charges is 33. I've also seen some with 22 charges and the rare occurance of 44. The potential exists for higher ammounts of charges but the chance is low.
    *Most mods on items are transfered to an Iron Golem
    *The IG's damage is basically the listed damage on the skill screen, plus the min/max values of the damage on the weapon. Hence if a IG's max damage is listed as 19, and you make it from a 100 max damage weapon, then the golems max damage is 119. same deal with the minimum damage.
    *all summoned minions are the same level as the necromancer. thus a lvl 90 necro has a lvl 90 golem, while a 24 necro has a lvl 24 golem. This is used in the channce to hit formulae.
    *Items with +max damage etc based on char lvl are usefull depending only on the level of the necro
    *+skills are next to useless for this build, all current summoned minions are all at the curent skill level that you have at that instant. hence wearing alot of +skill items to make your golem and then switching gear is next to useless. However +skills work for the masteries when you enter the game. Hence wear some nice +gear items when you first join the game for those bonuses to have effect.
    *despite popular belief, Iron golems can me made out of thunder mauls.
    *Golems attack speed is based on weapon speed. But practically speaking, all the high damage weapons are very slow attack speed, unless of course you feel the need to sink in a ton of ed/ias jewels into a "fragile" minion (6 socket eth thunder maul) to speed it up. Practically this is useless, as no one in their right mind will stand still for more than a second next to a golem, lethal or not, let alone sink 6 nice ed/ias jewels into a golem where they could be better spent elsewhere. So effectively this information is useless. Thus a golem will attack about once every 3 seconds.

Builds:
    Minionless necro:
    *max golem mastery for your level.
    *1 point into summon resist
    *1-2 points into Iron Golem
    *rest evenly spread between amp and bone armor. i recomend no more than 3-5 into amp though.
    --Result is a really fast and strong golem, able to catch people quite fast..
    --You can also opt for more into bone armor, and slightly less into mastery

Minion Necro:
    *1 point into golem mastery
    *1 point into summon resist
    *1-2 points into Iron golem
    *about 5-10 skeletons
    *5-10 skeleton mages
    *rest divided between amp/bone armor
    --The Skeletons aren't supposed to kill, they are more of a "block lock/stun" application and acts as decoys for you and your golem.
    --You can also opt for more into bone armor, and slightly less into skletons

Beware of any of these necromancers. The skill of the person using the necro basically revolves around the fact on if the necro uses skeletons or not. A telecro with only the golem/merc combo generally means that the necro is quite skilled as its harder to kill the player.

Equipment:
    *Life gear everywhere
    *teleport staff
    *possible +skill equipment for the use or amp and bone armor for switch. also could have a really high damage weapon to distract the attention from the minions as threat to you as being the threat (eg, ethereal honor knout is a fun distraction). it makes it easier to get fights as well as an easier time to do the teleport of death
    *Bone shield of deflecting. shove in eld runs for an extra 7% chance to block
    *charms, life charms, faster run charms, and faster hit recovery charms.

The Golem:
    Basically get the biggest badass weapon you can find. The higher the damage the better chance you have at one hit killing without amp. add in amp and a one hit kill is near certain. you want the max damage to be at least 600.

The strategy:
    General strategy is to try and amp your opponent before teleporting on top of him. Once you teleport on top of him they're generally dead...
    If you have lots of minions run around inside your minions. It gives you more time to cast amp on them before teleporting.If you just have the golem, its a bit harder to amp, but it can be done.

Necro level:
    This build can be applied to various levels. The best levels are lvl 24-29, simply because the majority of people will think that a necromancer at that level is quite harmless. However they are sadly mistaken.

This ends the PUBLIC release of this build. rest assured that some information has been declined until i feel fit to pass it on.

***ADDITIONAL INFORMATION***
    An awsome weapon to turn into an iron golem is an ethereal honor thunder maul. damage is typically about 740 max damage and it has % chance of deadly strike....740*2 for amp gives 1480 max, deadly strike brings it to 2960 damage. quite lethal for a lvl 24 necro to be able to pull off. This can reach about 6k damage if a might is in effect on the golem.

Summoned minions do not have strength, dexterity, vitality or energy only life. thus all items with +vit are useless. +life gear however works. all +str items (for str bonus to damage) are also useless for the simple fact that they do not have any str. one of the most useless items to make a golem out of is a hellslayer (etheral or normal) as its damage pathetic compared to whats avalible at low lvls. If you make a golem using hellslayer.....duel me please and i'll happily kill you above character lvl 40 however it becomes a viable choice. This is obvious, but not many people realise this fact.

Summoned minions do have a hard time hitting any high lvl character. Try to avoid fighting a lvl 60+ character unless you are at least lvl 40 for a decent chance for the minions to hit.

The stacking bug works with this build. This means that as long as two sprites (player/minions/merc) are directly on top of each other (ie this happens as soon as you teleport), then guided arrow cannot hit any of those sprites. As soon as a sprite moves this invulnerability is lost.

***Defeat The build***
    Yes surprisingly there are a couple of ways to defeat this build when its in the hands of a skilled player.
    1. Here is a funny one. The barbarians Howl and Grim Ward work on skeletons, golems and revives. Finally a pvp use for otherwise non pvp skills.....
    2. The Teleport flaw. Anyone who has ever used the assassins Dragon Flight in pvp will know this bug. Assuming you have a mouse over the player when you teleport, you will teleport into the exact same possition as what the assassin does when they dragon flight. because of this the golem and minions will miss hitting the player pretty much all of the time is that player is moving south (ie down the screen). Get them to move upwards or sideways as you teleport and you will hit them.

Hardcore Moderator
    America Trade Moderator
    BattleTag ZappaFan-1229
    Will somebody be willing to pull all of this together into one post when it seems "done"?

Eschew obfuscation!

Quote Originally Posted by ZappaFan
    Will somebody be willing to pull all of this together into one post when it seems "done"?
    allrighty sir... will do

IncGamers Member
    note on spear necro

If we make 35 lvl nec for white, we have:
    - white in +3 bs wand, +8 bs
    - peasants, +1
    - viper, +1
    - pb ammy, +2
    - sigon doubtful, but +1
    - sojs very doubtful, 2 sojs for low lvl dueller? well, with bots maybe... +2

Overall +15, so at lvl 35 we have 33 lvl bs (428 dmg)
    With all pb, thats 22 into synergies (154 ED)
    Final dmg = 1087, 181 in pvp

I doubt this will take anybody that lvl out, especially chickeners. But who knows, I seen one bs nec kill a pally after putting him in prison, but seems pally lagged
    Sure at lvl 42 there are pb skillers, but thats a different story

IncGamers Member
    Wheres a good place to shop a tele staff? Im looking around, wanna try this build out

IncGamers Member
    Ormus act3
    Looks best place to pk is norm baalruns, , no need to tele there - can easy dare them to a duel

IncGamers Member
    my 37 bspirit necro turns basically anyone into a chicken. Boneprison + 1.3k bspirit is very dangerous, eth martel steel chargers fear him, lvl 50 barbs/hammerdins basically anything pre 50 is scared ****less of him I can manage to land about 4 bspirits at the same time which is 800-900 pvp damage.