Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A suggestion for cd/dvd player manufacturers

They say it's better not to push in on the tray itself to close it. They recommend that you push the eject button to accomplish this. If this is in fact the case then.....

Quit putting the eject button under the tray where you can't see it!

The engineers should have noticed this in the testing stages, don't ya think?

IncGamers Member
    Unless of course you have a real computer (full tower), in which case the eject button is in clear view regardless of the tray position.

IncGamers Member
    I'm fairly certain its just one of those warning that the put to avoid liability. They can't exactly say "Sure, push it, it ain't gonna break it, but if you break it, we ain't fixin it."

It reminds me of a talk I had with a car rental guy. I was asking him whether it was okey if someone else drove the car that I rented. He said:"Nope, no siree, company policy you know... and now that I said the official answer, unofficially, let your dog drive it for all we care, just don't let them get into an accident in it. As long as you're okey with the fact that you'll have to pay a fine for letting someone else drive, then its all good."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Merlin
    Unless of course you have a real computer (full tower), in which case the eject button is in clear view regardless of the tray position.
    Ok mr. geek. I wasn't necessarily refering to computer players, though some of them suffer from the same problem. I was refering to those that you would find in the stereo cabinet.

IncGamers Member
    I have a full tower... But I can't see the eject button because it's down by my calf, under the pull-out portion with my keyboard and mouse... I can't see it anyways.... :teeth:

IncGamers Member
    For all your griping needs.

And since you don't really use the button to close anyway, maybe you could do something like this.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freet
    Ok mr. geek. I wasn't necessarily refering to computer players, though some of them suffer from the same problem. I was refering to those that you would find in the stereo cabinet.
    But most of those (if not all) are significantly wider than just the tray itself, and thus the eject button can be placed to the side without any trouble, which i believe is what you were suggesting. At least that's the way mine is.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCanadianGuy
    I have a full tower... But I can't see the eject button because it's down by my calf, under the pull-out portion with my keyboard and mouse... I can't see it anyways.... :teeth:
    Bah! Have some respect for your computer, it deserves to be on a desk, not on the ground.

IncGamers Member
    Bah! Have some respect for your computer, it deserves to be on a desk, not on the ground.
    Oh, it is on the desk. There's a handy little shelf that keeps it elevated a full 3-4 inches off the ground. It's on the desk, just not at eye level. :teeth: (Oh, I could go on all night long, darling. )

Banned
    my tower is on the ground :teeth: and i can see the eject button perfectly...maybe you shouldn't sit so close to your tower...

How could anyone actually miss this point? If the manufacturers wanted you to use a button at a certain time, then why would they hide said button when it's time to use it? It's not like it's that difficult to move a button.

Didn't someone notice that the button is under the tray at the very moment it needed to be pressed?

You have to wonder what they were smoking when they came up with this brainfart...errr...brainstorm.