Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Paranormal - ie. ghosts, spirits, etc.

Well i know most people have em. Some experience that couldn't really be defined by common sense, or logic.

Personally, I'm terrified by the idea, I think a childhood of Unsolved Mysteries pretty much traumatized me for life. That, and an overactive imagination.

I've never really actually seen anything, but more or less felt something. I remember when I was a kid my grandparents sent me to their attic to get something (and this is an old victorian house, so the attic is one of those creepy ones to begin with). I was up there, and I was fine... then all the sudden the hairs on my neck kind of rose and I got an overwhelming sense of dread, and that I just had to get out of there. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and got out of there asap.

Well... this is before hearing the stories of my grandparents being up there... and when they come down the stairs they get a whiff of some strong cherry pipe smoke. Turns out some dood who lived there awhile ago (who is currently deceased) used to smoke pipes up in the attic all the time.

That sufficiently freaked me out enough to never step foot in that attic ever again.

I have a few other minor stories that really aren't worthy enough of a mention.

But for the rest of you... any stories you care to share?

IncGamers Member
    No, but I used to be really fascinated with this stuff. Seems like I'm outgrowing it though

Nope, and hope to not learn any stories to share. Ever.

IncGamers Member
    We have this long hallway in our basement in our house.. and i have to leave all the doors open at night, otherwise it gets too humid in those rooms and starts to ruin stuff. My imagination goes overactive to the point where I half expect someone to be standing at the end of the hallway when i turn my head. The other day i just sat there and stared at the end of the hallway for a few minutes, was kinna freaked out.

That or I'll dream that im sleeping, and i start to hear like.. doors, or cupboard doors bang, it sounds so real in my dream that when I wake up I half expect it to be happening... freaky stuff.

IncGamers Member
    Well, I just tend to see shadows the way my father used to tell me he did when he was young. After awhile you get used to it but I do tend to hear people constantly whispering in my ear. I was also pinned down to the bed once in my old apartment, though by that point I knew something was watching me for awhile so it was more of an aggravation than anything else.

I'm used to being watched.

I once had someone I know call me one afternoon and say "You looked scared last night" so I asked what he was talking about, and he went on to explain the night before when I shot up in bed and started staring at the corner of my room where my 'puter desk was. Yes, I did just that and no he wasn't there physically but he was always doing things like that.

Hmm.. when I was younger I had 2 OOBs I recall clearly. One I was just laying in bed relaxing and it happened. The other time I fell into a pool and when I fell, I fell underneath someone and couldn't get up for air and watched everyone splashing around in the pool for a few minutes from a bird's-eye view before I bobbed up to the surface.

Another odd incident was the time I almost got hit by a car. When the guy stopped (the light had turned red immediately after the incident) he didn't take the time to curse me out or threaten me or anything. I stood on the curb staring at him in the car but he just kept staring straight ahead and took off when the light changed.

Split my skull open when I was 3; instead of taking me to the hospital my grandfather told me to take a nap. No one understood how I was still alive after that, since quite a few hours passed between the incident and when I was taken to the hospital.

That last one was probably just luck though.

There's more but.. eh.. that's what I remember at the moment.

IncGamers Member
    I don't believe in them at all.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starseed
    Well, I just tend to see shadows the way my father used to tell me he did when he was young. After awhile you get used to it but I do tend to hear people constantly whispering in my ear. I was also pinned down to the bed once in my old apartment, though by that point I knew something was watching me for awhile so it was more of an aggravation than anything else.

I'm used to being watched.

I once had someone I know call me one afternoon and say "You looked scared last night" so I asked what he was talking about, and he went on to explain the night before when I shot up in bed and started staring at the corner of my room where my 'puter desk was. Yes, I did just that and no he wasn't there physically but he was always doing things like that.
    So like.. you were pinned to the bed as in, no matter how much you struggled you couldn't move?

And the second one.. your last sentence you mean "he" as in the spirit?

I have kind of a morbid curiosity with these types of things.. they scare the hell outta me, but I still have to watch something or whatever if I think it's gonna happen.. I wont just bail outta there. Sorry.. I don't necessarily know how to describe it.

What is an OOB?

IncGamers Member
    out of body experience

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cougar
    So like.. you were pinned to the bed as in, no matter how much you struggled you couldn't move?

And the second one.. your last sentence you mean "he" as in the spirit?

I have kind of a morbid curiosity with these types of things.. they scare the hell outta me, but I still have to watch something or whatever if I think it's gonna happen.. I wont just bail outta there. Sorry.. I don't necessarily know how to describe it.
    Right. Imagine someone climbing onto your legs and pinning your arms down at your sides. Like I knew someone was there and then when I roll over onto my back, they were on top of me.

And 'he' (from the second part) was my friend. He.. well, dabbled in things so was always kind of doing stuff like that. My friends had a habit of playing around with things they weren't too knowledgable about, so I always kind of made an effort not to get directly involved, heh.

Oh and I don't mean stuff like from that farce The Craft. Not like that or anything. I mean, we used to get a good laugh outta watching it but nah it wasn't like that or nothin'.