Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oh well.....

Oh well.....

Friends final 2 hour episode is tomorrow night.

Anyone think they're gonna tear up or are you one of those that would prefer the more macho "Pffft" attitude?

Admit it, you may or may not have liked the show but you have to concede that it has become part and parcel of the last ten years and cannot be played off as just another sitcom.

I still remember when "the Carol Burnette Show" and "MASH" ended. While they were actually little more than a tv show, their endings felt like a major change in my life. Not unlike moving away from an old friend knowing full well that neither will actually keep up with the other no matter how determined our intentions.

Like it or not, this will be another one of those. Whether you watch the show or not, Rachel, Monica, Ross and the rest did enter your life somehow and now they are gone.

From now on, any time you see any of these actors you will always know them by their "Friends" names and nothing else they do will compare.

Change is inevitable. Embrace it or resist it. Doesn't really matter.

IncGamers Member
    I never really followed the show myself, but I clearly admit that it will go down in ranks with the elite sitcoms that remain in american pop culture such as M.A.S.H, Three's Company, Happy Days, Lavern & Shirley, etc.

I guess I don't have any emotional investment into the show, so it doesn't really bother me - but I can clearly understand the disappointment of the fans of the show.

Banned
    I hated that show. good riddence.

IncGamers Member
    Friends...

I think I live under a rock.

IncGamers Member
    I was always a Seinfeld fan myself. No sitcom could recapture that magic. The characters were perfect and the situations hilarious in their relative plausability.

I just never put in the time to grow attached to the Friends. My time is already taken up.

Speaking of which... its the Best of Seinfeld night on 27!!

IncGamers Member
    Friends was okay for awhile......then it just got overdone and cliche...

made me sick.

I really liked Ross though...at least in his younger years when he was nerd.....he reminds me of how I am.

IncGamers Member
    Freet, I feel for you. I really, truly do.

But personally, I can't stand regular TV, so I really don't care. Not a whit.

I'm only speaking for myself, of course.

IncGamers Member
    Personally, I can't stand network TV anymore. I don't watch much TV much anymore, anyway, but I tend to watch mostly movies on cable....and cartoons.

OK, sue me. I'm still a kid at heart!

IncGamers Member Ash Housewares's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freet
    Like it or not, this will be another one of those. Whether you watch the show or not, Rachel, Monica, Ross and the rest did enter your life somehow and now they are gone.
    I never watched the show new, sparse reruns is all, how does the show ending change my life how are they gone if their presence remains in reruns and that is all I know them by

it was ok, didn't like it, didn't hate it

I just hate people who worship the show and think I should be sad its gone *punches freet in the throat*

grrr! *makes angry face*

IncGamers Member
    Freet watches Friends. *Points and laughs*