Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

And in the irony department...

Banned
    :lol: Good to know we have people who are careful with guns educating children about them.

Sam

what would add more is if the children went home and shot themselves.

Banned
    Thankfully the gun was pointed at the ground. It would have been a bit different if one of the kids got shot in a gun safety presentation .

Why the gun safety presentation to kids anyway? :scratch:

Why exactly would the gun be loaded...

IncGamers Member
    Maybe it was to prove a point, even though the audience member said it wasn't loaded it really was and the guy got shot.

I remember as a child I thought if you shot bullets at mirrors they would bounce back :lol:

On the bright side, I'm sure those kids will be a lot more careful with guns in the future than they would have been otherwise.

Why the gun safety presentation to kids anyway?
    Because guns are dangerous, and it would be nice if we could prevent accidents among children. The "stick-your-head-under-a-rock" approach rarely works for other things (Sex, Drug use, etc.), so why would it work for guns?

Banned
    Something's kinda fishy here. He pulled the magazine, so the only way a bullet could have been in there to fire would be if he had one in the chamber. When he pulled the slide back any bullet in the chamber would have fallen out, either through the top or the bottom depending on how he was holding it. Guns also don't fire just by releasing the slide either, the firing pin shouldn't be able to come into contact with the bullet (that itself couldn't have been in the chamber based on the story) at all in that situation.

I'm sure he shot himself, but under the conditions described in this article to the best of my knowledge it would have literally been completely impossible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane
    Because guns are dangerous, and it would be nice if we could prevent accidents among children. The "stick-your-head-under-a-rock" approach rarely works for other things (Sex, Drug use, etc.), so why would it work for guns?
    Would it not be better to give a gun safety presentation to adults? i.e. How to NOT let your firearm(s)/tank/bazooka/whatever else constitutional right bullcrap fall into the hands of chidlers? An adult audience would be better able to comphrehend the dangers of liitle timmy shooting baby sister alice in the face, no? :scratch:

Banned
    Well, the article says it was a mixed group of adults and "students" without naming a ratio of adults to students or an age group for the students.

I think it's good to educate both. I think any of us who have been a child at Christmas know you can't hide anything from a child for very long, I'd want mine to know not to play around with my gun in the event they found it.

I still don't see how this accident was possible if the story's accurate though.