Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    381

    offensive hammers

    I need some help with some offensive hammer tactics, its easy against stationary targets like zons but against teleing bone necros, sorcs and wind druids even barbs and asns (if they keep their ww short) I just dont see how its possible to be offensive they keep on teleing so it isnt possible to tele right below them and start sending out hammers. The only way I can think of is to randomly lay down hammer fields and hope the necro or whatever teles into them does anyone know any other way?




  2. #2
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    170
    randomly charge around and lay hammers
    works REAL good

    -sword




  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    186
    Vs casters (such as bone necro, wind druid or maybe a weak 6k-or-so-damage hybrid hammerdin and sorcs), you need to be quick and precise enough to tele on top of them once or twice. Just do 2 or 3 teles around them laying one hammer each tele. Then try for one tele on top of them, and get out and get ready for another round of attack.

    Vs a pure 15k dmg hammerdin, don't ever tele on top of him. If he also teles and knows what he's doing, then forget it unless you want to test each other's patience (in other words, wasting each other time). If he's charging around trying to desynch you, then you have the advantage. You just need to stay in front of him with your own hammers then tele ahead. If he's charging in a small area, then you can just let him be with himself. Don't ever tele into hammer field.




  4. #4
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    oregon, salem
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfJusticeX
    randomly charge around and lay hammers
    works REAL good

    -sword
    yes till they see what ur doing and remain stationary then ur back to start




  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    186
    One thing.. if you tele on top of wind druid, you will get hit by tornado, but you will also be able to cast a hammer. The best way to do this is by laying a few hammer around him to make him move or tele, and then try to tele on top of him as soon as you see him moving.




  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USEast Ladder/NL- *Infinite69
    Posts
    395
    when dueling ranged chars (wind druid/bonemancer/bowazon), it requires several things:

    1) fast comp/internet
    2) good hotkey management
    3) quickness

    of all the chars ive dueled, bonemancer by far gives the most trouble, especially 125% fcr ones. for those, you must always be on the move (so ibs doesnt destroy you) and eventually hope he stands still just long enough to tele on him. if you can tele on top, hes dead.

    hammer vs hammer is prob the most ineffienct and pointless duel. it usually consists of teleing/charging around and spaming hammer fields untill someone runs into the others field and dies. not exactly fun, but its the only way. being too aggresive vs. good hammerdins will get you killed mighty fast.

    also, the shift-charge+hammer tactic works quite well imo. and btw, if the person just stands still, and isnt another hammerdin, tele on top of him...




  7. #7
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31
    I have a few suggestions also when using a hammerdin. Usually against good necros and sorcs they will do a double tele, which prevents you from name locking them and following their initial tele. I find that usually necros and sorc want to get as far as possible from you to allow them more time to spam bs or fireball, etc. Therefore, they usually tele the width of their screen which is usually the same distance as my screen. So I usually bring my curser to the same direction they tele, all the way to the edge of the screen and tele. I do this twice and usually their name is right at the edge of the screen. I then quickly name lock them and tele onto them and hammer. If you do it very quickly and have good fps/ping you may get the compliment of using aa. My hammerdin has 125% fcr and 75% fhr. This allows me to tele out of any teeth and most mindbast. It also helps from the stun of fireballs and bone spirit. When dueling, I'm either teleling or hammering.. Never standing still. This is especially important against 125% fcr spirit necros, the spirits will hardly ever hit you if your quick. I personally find the 8fps self blizzing sorc to be the hardest to kill without using absorb.




  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay.
    I have a few suggestions also when using a hammerdin. Usually against good necros and sorcs they will do a double tele, which prevents you from name locking them and following their initial tele. I find that usually necros and sorc want to get as far as possible from you to allow them more time to spam bs or fireball, etc. Therefore, they usually tele the width of their screen which is usually the same distance as my screen. So I usually bring my curser to the same direction they tele, all the way to the edge of the screen and tele. I do this twice and usually their name is right at the edge of the screen. I then quickly name lock them and tele onto them and hammer. If you do it very quickly and have good fps/ping you may get the compliment of using aa. My hammerdin has 125% fcr and 75% fhr.
    When I was dueling alot, I mostly dueled bone necros private with friends and public too. I also controlled necro myself, and when I dueled vs hammerdin I always tele away in zigzag pattern. The question is: are good necros that predictable by teleporting in a straight line clicking at the edge of the screen?

    also, 75%fhr isn't a break point for paladin, is it?




  9. #9
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    31
    Yes well zig zag at the distance of the screen. Use your map to determine which direction they went. Also, 75% fhr is bp when using hoto for 6fps.




  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by -Infinite-
    of all the chars ive dueled, bonemancer by far gives the most trouble, especially 125% fcr ones. for those, you must always be on the move (so ibs doesnt destroy you) and eventually hope he stands still just long enough to tele on him. if you can tele on top, hes dead.
    If he makes a mistake by casting more than once, you have a chance.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Infinite-
    also, the shift-charge+hammer tactic works quite well imo.
    It doesn't work if your opponent is fast enough to stay ahead of you. Charging can get you killed fast vs necro if he can get u stuck behind a bonewall when you think you already pass it due to desynch or whatever.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •