Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    I'm all about the classic Adventures of Lolo games for NES. Other than that, I must agree with chess.

IncGamers Member
    Rise of Nations is bar none the best strategy game I've ever played.

One of the civilizations probably. Hard to say which one though. Civ one was so incredibly good when it came out it was hard to imagine something better. Civ 2 was great because it built on that... well... letīs call it perfection even though itīs stupid... it built on the perfection that was civ1 and added minor details and some graphics without ruining a single one of those things that made civ1 such a masterpiece. Civ3 was a bit of a dissapointment because... uhhh... I donīt really know why actually. Maybe I just expected more or maybe Iīve gotten soft in the head or something. Itīs just as solid as civ1 & 2 Iīm sure. I probably just need to get better aquainted with it, and Iīm on that. I started a scenarion called "Teh Turkan: The Test of Time" a few days ago and itīs looking really great so far. Iīve only just gotten into the 800īs BC (32 civs!!!) and itīs got my attention for sure. Hopefully Iīll come out the other side of this game a devotee.

IMPORTAINT!!!! HONORABLE MENTION BELOW!!

Master of Magic. Oh man... do I love that game or what!? Iīt basically a slightly more simple version of civ with technologies replaced by spells. You play a wizard and your goal is to conquer your opponents, who are also mighty wizards. You can choose one of about ten races, special abilities and a catalogue of magic at the start of the game. Later, you can find spellbooks and gain a wider knowledge of magic and conquer cities belonging to other races to gain access to thei special units. You hire mighty heroes do carry out quests for you, create magical artifacts, cast mighty spells to raise volcanoes under your opponents` cities, explore mysterious ruins and summon demons and dragons to do your bidding.

I would probably rate this game even higher than the civs if there was a decent remake of it, or even a de-bugged version with a harder difficulty setting I could play under win2000. Age of Wonders and Age of Wonders 2 are pretty close to a remake but there are too many BS campaigns and too few city building options, magical items, mysterious locales, spells and cool heroes in them for me to love them like I loved MoM.

One of the greatest games ever!

I'd have to go with Civilization III because of the finished product, although Civilization II was probably more groundbreaking and perfect *for it's time*. Regardless, the Civilization series is easily the all time best.

As for honorable mentions, I'd like to put forth Railroad Tycoon, which I doubt many people here have played. Amazing game from the early 90s, from Sid Meier, that just have everything you would want for strategy. I also enjoyed Lord of the Realms II.

IncGamers Member
    Civ 1,2,3 and Alpha Centauri. I love those games. In fact, i was playing Civ3 five minutes ago.
    Oh, and the honorable mention goes to Transport Tycoon. I played it a lot as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Croup
    I also enjoyed Lord of the Realms II.
    As did I. Great game.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croup
    As for honorable mentions, I'd like to put forth Railroad Tycoon, which I doubt many people here have played. Amazing game from the early 90s, from Sid Meier, that just have everything you would want for strategy.
    How could I have forgotten! Back when I had no idea how stocks worked or how businesses operated. But I still had a blast!

I second X-Com. Still one the most tense gaming experiences of my life, when I lost my Commander to one of those spore guys after they took down the rest of my squad. Always check behind you in an enemy base.

Total Annihalation is the best ever.

Also Wargames is a good game too.

Too bad its so hard to get a copy of that game now.

My vote goes to WC3, with SC nipping at its heels. I think the story in SC might have been a tad better, but the gameplay, and pretty much everything else in WC3 is better.

IncGamers Site Pal
    BattleTag VTMatt
    Age of conquerors gets my vote.