Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member MasterOfPuppets's Avatar

Computer Help (REALLY OT)

Sorry, this probably isn't the best place to ask to ask this..
    But before I call up Dell and ask them what the heck is going on..

I'll ask here, just in case anyone has some information..

I just turned on my sisters Dell Computer.. Brand new. And I have just noticed that there is an oranage line going straight down the brand new, flat screen, dell monitor. I've never owned a flat screen or really used one (besides laptops..) is this the norm for all flat screen monitors.. or did my sister just receive a defective monitor?

Anyway, the orange line shows up everywhere.. websites, desktop.. it goes straight down, smack dab in the middle.

Any help is appreciated.. I've tried searching the web for a quick solution but couldn't find one.

Someone help me! before I am put on hold for 40 minutes on the toll free Dell Company phone number

Its defective. My flatscreen doesnt have that..

IncGamers Member SuggestiveName's Avatar
    [color=magenta]Yeah that definately sounds defective. But at least the 40 minutes on hold will pay for itself when they send you a new monitor.[/color]

Banned
    Are you sure the cables are in really well, I have seen similar with a loose cord.

Banned
    Check the cables, then check that your graphics card is properly inserted into the socket. If this all fails, call Dell "support"./

IncGamers Member
    Also check if the cable has bent pins.

IncGamers Member
    At work we have had a couple flat screens that had similar issues and needed to replace them. Hold off opening up the PC and checking to see if the graphics card is seated and only do that if they suggest it (they could be jerks and say you voided the warrenty)
    Dell will most likely ask you to do some standard trouble shooting, probably what was suggested in the prior posts and then end up sending you a new monitor.
    ~Pedro

IncGamers Member MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    I have taken out the wires that are connected to the monitor, and computer, and inserted the wires back in the computer and monitor.. No Go :-/

I haven't checked the video card yet, though.

If it doesn't work, I'll call Dell...

IncGamers Member
    *jimmyisbest / *jimmeh_ldr @ Manchester,UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
    I have taken out the wires that are connected to the monitor, and computer, and inserted the wires back in the computer and monitor.. No Go :-/

I haven't checked the video card yet, though.

If it doesn't work, I'll call Dell...
    shouldnt be a video card problem.. check by turnin the monitor on whilst the pc is off (it should have a lil splash screen anyways saying no input or smth"