Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    It is extremely unlikely that a strong, agile, well-trained human could even go toe-to-toe with an adult male chimpanzee. You can completely forget about the gorilla altogether. Seriously, just put it out of your mind. Once the gorilla decided he wanted you dead, you simply would be.

And I don't know where all this talk about slow, stupid gorillas is coming from. "Parrot inteligence?" WTF. No, they have gorilla intelligence. "A flying kick to the head" should do it? Dude, you're nuts.

Gorillas are fast as lightning when they fight (which is very rarely). They can outrun you. They can move thier limbs faster than you can (yes even faster than than the deceased Bruce Lee). They are an order of magnitude stronger than the strongest human. And for the love of crumbcake...a gorilla's head is not made out of pine wood, nor brick, nor ice. It is made out of gorilla head. If its skull is designed to pretect it from another gorilla attack, how much damage do you really think Dead Bruce Lee can do to it? Or even Live Jackie Chan?

Why are you people even bringing up Lee and Chan, anyway? They're theatrical martial artsists. You might as well be talking about Chinese acrobats or Mumenschantz.

Can a human defeat a gorilla? Most humans couldn't even defeat a medium-sized dog.

IncGamers Member
    Dude, one well placed Hadoken and it's over

Wait a minute . . . I think a swarm of Chinese acrobats could take a gorilla. But only if they were allowed to use spinning plates on sticks.

IncGamers Member
    Gorrilla? doubtful
    chimp or other smaller primate? yes.

Also, if the human was given a sword or a spear he could kill any animal save a whale or an elephant

IncGamers Member
    I agree with you MatMan, I was thinking something very similar. With luck, and some preparation, and fast reflexes, a human MIGHT defeat an adult chimpanzee. I'm not so sure it has to be a male one though . . .

Forgetting altogether about gorillas (impossible task), the one that could be seen as almost impossible but maybe not quite, is the orangutan. They are strong, much stronger than we are, but maybe a very strong built and fast human could be a match to one . . . not sure though.

ANAKHETO, didn't you read my pm? :xtongue: Or you gave up before starting?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dantose
    Dude, one well placed Hadoken and it's over
    Yes, I agree. If the gorilla applied a hadoken to the human, the human would assuredly die. What's a hadoken?

Quote Originally Posted by dantose
    Gorrilla? doubtful
    chimp or other smaller primate? yes.

Also, if the human was given a sword or a spear he could kill any animal save a whale or an elephant

Or a Rhino. Or a hippo.

Chimps can be absolutely vicious. If you've ever seen them fight amongst each other you'll know what I mean. They kill other primates for fun. And, like I said, they're much stronger than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha1
    Or a Rhino. Or a hippo.

Chimps can be absolutely vicious. If you've ever seen them fight amongst each other you'll know what I mean. They kill other primates for fun. And, like I said, they're much stronger than humans.
    And then thereīs that whole thing about being able to take a punch, which chimps are and humans really are not.
    Thereīs also no way to overpower a chimp and put some sort of lock on it, or wrestle it at all for that matter.

I donīt get it. Why would anyone think that a human would stand a chance to any animal? As someone said already, we canīt even beat a medium sized dog in most cases (except maybe for when we get lucky and poke its eyes out).

EDIT: Maybe this guy, but if it gets any bigger than that youīre screwed.

IncGamers Member
    But but but... what about a swarm of angry termites? :bonk:

I think SCG(excellent effort ) and MatMan summed it up nicely.

Other primeapes...

IIRC a red butt monkey (the small fiersome looking beast) can rip a humans hands off, so I would bet for the chimpanzee(sp)

If someone is still pondering this Gorilla vs. Human question... take a vacation and find out first hand!
    "...another one bites the dust..."

IncGamers Member
    Can a human defeat a gorilla? Most humans couldn't even defeat a medium-sized dog.
    I've beaten not just one but two medium size pugs. Ugly dogs they are trying to pull my shoes off. Just a few kicks and they're not a problem.

There was this one guy high on drug on the show Cops and he was fighting a police dog and two cops with some martial art kicks and punches. He got one punch in on the dog's head and the dog retreated.

Given a 8-10 foot spear, a human can kill anything even whales, elephants, rhinos, and polar bears. As long as the whale doesn't decend, you can just sit on top of the whale and skewer his brains out. Not like the whale has any teeth. From what I've seen, most of those stupid whales just float around while they're being attacked. A killer whale might be a little harder but not by much.

Rhinos may have the toughest armor but you can utilize their charging speed to your advantage. Just plant a spear and they'll charge right into it.

Elephants? When's the last time elephants kill a man face to face? Most of the time they take cheap shots when the trainer is trying to feed them. They know they got no teeth and claws so they whack people with their cushy trunk while people are not looking.

Racoons might be trouble cuz one time I tried to chase away them away from the garbage. I thew a few beer bottles on their head and they got thick skulls. I think maybe 3-4 racoons can skin a gorilla alive.

I think I should write a PvA (player vs animal) guide. I know I have no experience but how many PvP guides published are the same?