Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrp935
    Would a "Doom" weapon + Cold Mastery be useful in melee vs. immunes?

Likewise, would a "Hand of Justice" weapon, specifically a bow/xbow, be as useful as a unique bow/xbow with "Fires Explosive" and/or pierce?
    Level 12 holy freeze damage: 85-90
    Level 16 holy fire damage: 75-87

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrp935
    Would a "Doom" weapon + Cold Mastery be useful in melee vs. immunes?

Likewise, would a "Hand of Justice" weapon, specifically a bow/xbow, be as useful as a unique bow/xbow with "Fires Explosive" and/or pierce?
    You can't get Pierce or Fires Explosive on any weapon that is Hand of Justice.

IncGamers Member
    nice guide... one of the nicest ive seen in a while. but i was wondering, what would you use PERSONALLY for uber gear?

im leaning towards a:
    demon machine for ranged (duh)

lightsabre/azurewrath/nords tenderizer for a weapon (they all seem good an fast, and i like cold damage... 1 point in cold mastery makes it alot more effective.) (with a beast on switch and a CTA in stash)

draculs gloves (lifetap is awesome)

CoH armor

gore riders

guillaumes face

maras/raven/bul kathos

the gores and guillaumes would make for nice defense bonus, plus some AWESOME crushing blow... (sigh.... i only have one pair of gores and so many characters need them...)

i was thinking for skills

20warmth/firemastery/enchant
    1 static
    7 energy sheild
    20 telekenesis
    10+ in shiver armor (double defense at level 10)
    1-5 cold mastery

as an alternative one could max frozen orb, even without its synergy it is STILL able to kill in act 5 hell... and it freezes everything in the room.

im torn between FO and ES...

i mean that gear up above is WAY more than i can afford, right now my prized posession is a shako, arkaines valor (which i traded my other shako for) and a pair of gore riders. just wondering if that stuff would be good.

a little help here...

IncGamers Member
    Finally, an excuse to stop lurking...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticEwok1
    nice guide... one of the nicest ive seen in a while. but i was wondering, what would you use PERSONALLY for uber gear?

im leaning towards a:
    demon machine for ranged (duh)

lightsabre/azurewrath/nords tenderizer for a weapon (they all seem good an fast, and i like cold damage... 1 point in cold mastery makes it alot more effective.) (with a beast on switch and a CTA in stash)

draculs gloves (lifetap is awesome)

CoH armor

gore riders

guillaumes face

maras/raven/bul kathos

the gores and guillaumes would make for nice defense bonus, plus some AWESOME crushing blow... (sigh.... i only have one pair of gores and so many characters need them...)

i was thinking for skills

20warmth/firemastery/enchant
    1 static
    7 energy sheild
    20 telekenesis
    10+ in shiver armor (double defense at level 10)
    1-5 cold mastery

as an alternative one could max frozen orb, even without its synergy it is STILL able to kill in act 5 hell... and it freezes everything in the room.

im torn between FO and ES...

i mean that gear up above is WAY more than i can afford, right now my prized posession is a shako, arkaines valor (which i traded my other shako for) and a pair of gore riders. just wondering if that stuff would be good.

a little help here...

I've personally gone with hexfire as a main, and lightsabre on switch, with points into Light. Mastery. I trust the added damage more than the CM's lowering of resistances.

Maybe I've been lucky, but in spite of MongoJerry's warning about needing a ranged weapon 'just in case', I've never needed one. There've been close calls, mind you, but that's what makes the game fun...

Skills....as written in the guide, I'd stay away from Energy Shield. This is about the lowest-mana-using Sorc build there is, and with ES and your mana dropping to nada, you're still screwed (meaning no Teleport). This build, at least for me, was all about 'hit and run'....er, 'hit and 'port'....

Also, I found points in any of the cold armor skills aren't really necessary beyond one point in Frozen Armor (to help you get going). I traded for a nice Archangel's orb (+2 Sorc skills) that had +1 Chilling Armor. With the extra +skill items I've got, I cast Chill Armor at lvl 8, and can carry it around since it only takes up two spaces of inventory. I prefer Chill vs Shiver because it seems to help a bit more with the little annoying ranged monsters (like flayers and gremlins).

All of this is just my playing style, mind you. YMMV.

S

...(yeah! Back to lurking!)...

IncGamers Member
    i think you misread me wrong... im not using a demon machine AND an azurewrath (no hybrids for me!)... its just that i figured the gear wouldnt change that much for me with a melee versus bow setup.

but now i think about it, id rather go ranged for my first enchantress... so

20-warmth/enchant/firemastery
    1 static
    10 shiver armor (hey, we have extra points and no block, so im going for defense here. plus we have less resists cuz we have no sheild)
    20 frozen orb
    [7-17 in cold mastery
    rest in synergy for frozen orb]
    OR
    [20tstorm and rest in light mastery - this would work well if using lightsabre]

edit:
    but that gets me thinking... if i were to have less resists, wouldnt energy sheild be better? i wont be teleporting as much anyway because im ranged... or should i go for max resists and play like a ranger (carefully, dodging shots)

meh its a very tweakable build with alot of options and variants. tough decisions :scratch:

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticEwok1
    but that gets me thinking... if i were to have less resists, wouldnt energy sheild be better? i wont be teleporting as much anyway because im ranged... or should i go for max resists and play like a ranger (carefully, dodging shots)
    :
    I would have to agree with you that ES might be helpful for a Ranger, but I don't know that you would need a huge investment in either it or telekinesis. One point in each, might make you a little tougher.

IncGamers Member
    yes, i suppose 1 point would be good. i will be moving slowly, clearing out places meticuluouaslaey... meticuluously (still dont know if i got the spelling...) so if i am in danger, i wont REALLY need to teleport, i can use the "run backwards" tactic, also known as "strategic retreat"

i have thrown out all the demon machines ive found... my friend has one hes not using, but he is completely convinced that it is worth something on the trading scene...

back to MF

IncGamers Member
    20 Enchant
    20 Warmth
    20 Fire Mastery
    20 Frozen Orb
    1 Static Field, Teleport, Shiver Armor, Cold Mastery

Guillames/Shako?
    Duress Armor
    Passion Phase Blade
    Sanctuary KoKoMal
    Draculs
    String of Ears
    Gores
    2x Ravens?
    Highlords?

Prebuffing: Memory Staff with 3 to Enchant, 3 to fire amu, 3 to fire circlet.

Sounds good?
    Only have question about stats distribution. Str enough for gear. What about dex? Rest into vitality.

IncGamers Member
    i wanna use a bow (more specifically widowmaker ward bow) for my enchant sorc, but i dunno the ias breakpoints. anyone got a table that shows the bow ias breakpoints for a sorc?

thx

IncGamers Member

hmmm...

I have readed lots of enchantress builds and guides, and wondering is it possible to aim dual elemental build, like FM max, and LM max.

because you can easily find 1-400 lightning dmg weapons, with decent other mods,

mine sorc is now lvl 18,

struggling about the loss of strenght, but I have adjusted the vitality and dexterity for my primary goals,

I have now over 400 life
    60% all res
    90% overall hit on act 1-3 normal
    blocking is awfull and FHR is 34%,
    my overall dmg, including 1 level enchant, is only ~130-240
    I have angelic amu 2xrings
    no uniques or other sets,

traded those for my other char, but I am building barbarian, so I need the stuff to him.

I get all the resists from shield/belt/armour/boots with all have life mod on.

I am trying to build solid enchantress, without using the "common uniques", and "common runewords" so I want to make oddball =D