Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lextalionis
    Its ok, but I think you could find better. Being fast is good. AR help is also really good, but realize you are only getting 100 fire damage, on average, from your weapon. FM will increase this damage significantly. So something quick with more Fire Damage is probably a better idea. But the BStar is a great weapon, and could be your end game weapon, but again a lot of other better things out there too.
    Excuse me, but isnt the B-Star like 1-200 damage in every element?

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baranor
    Excuse me, but isnt the B-Star like 1-200 damage in every element?
    So its an average elemental damage of 300, since is 3-600. But only the 1-200, average of 100 fire damage will be amplified by your FM. Compared to a Djinn Slayer which has an average of 375 fire damage on it. When you amplify that times your FM which should be at least level 20, which is 163%, its pretty significant making it roughly 987, as opposed to 263 with the Bannar's Star, now there is still other damage on a Banar's Star, but unless you have both LM and CM at good levels you won't see the good return. That's roughly 60 skill points to burn. On top of that the Djinn Slayer still has 75 more fire damage out there.

We should also talk about speed. The Djinn Slayer is base -20 Weapon Speed. The BStar is base 10 Weapon Speed. Of course the BStar has 50IAS on it. I'll let the real math guys figure that out. But don't forget that the Djinn Slayer has two sockets. -- Fire Facets or Shaels seem pretty good to me.

I'm going to throw Flamebellow in for honorable mention. I personally think its too slow. But it has better fire damage on it than BStar and it has +3 fire skills

Version 1.10 is a new world. Hell Hitpoints are up, and some of the things that worked in 1.09 still work, but work less well. But they also have given us new weapons to play with, with higher elemental damage. I think we should acknowledge those weapons instead of falling into the old setup of Banar's and Tiamats on weapon switch to deal with physical immunes.

I think the other thing to be accepted is that Immunities are hard to deal with. You will be doing an lot of fire damage with Enchant. Revel in the fact that you are doing a good job at providing Fire Damage, not only for you but for all your party members and all their minions. Be good at one thing. BStar is not some panacea that will cure problems with Immunities, it will not turn you into a tesladin or a frostadin. If you are looking for something to deal with Fire Immunes slap some points in CM and use Azurewrath. Azurewrath will be far better at dealing with Fire Immunes.

But if you are looking for pure damage and fire damage. I'd highly recommend a Djinn Slayer. Their might be something out there better, but I think the Djinn Slayer is far better for an Enchantress than the BStar.

Djinn Slayer
    Ataghan
    One-Hand Damage: (75-88) To (133-156) (104-122 Avg)
    Required Level: 65
    Required Strength: 138
    Required Dexterity: 95
    Durability: 22
    Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
    +190-240% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +100-150% Damage To Demons (varies)
    Adds 250-500 Fire Damage
    3-6% Mana Stolen Per Hit (varies)
    +3-7 Lightning Absorb (varies)
    +200-300 To Attack Rating Against Demons (varies)
    Socketed (1-2) (varies)
    (Ladder Only)
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Flamebellow
    Balrog Blade
    One-Hand Damage: (40-51) To (202-255) (121-153 Avg)
    Two-Hand Damage: (148-187) To (318-401) (233-294 Avg)
    Required Level: 71
    Required Strength: 185
    Required Dexterity: 87
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +170-240% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 233-482 Fire Damage
    +3 To Fire Skills
    +12-18 To Inferno* (varies)
    +10-20 To Strength (varies)
    +5-10 To Vitality (varies)
    12% Chance To Cast Level 16 Firestorm On Striking
    Fire Absorb 20-30% (varies)

Azurewrath
    Phase Blade
    One-Hand Damage: (102-114) To (115-129) (108.5-121.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 85
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Dexterity: 136
    Base Weapon Speed: [-30]
    +230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
    Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)
    +1 To All Skills
    +5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
    Level 10-13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
    Indestructible
    +3 To Light Radius
    (Ladder Only)

Baranar's Star
    Devil Star
    One-Hand Damage: 129 To 159 (144 Avg)
    Required Level: 65
    Required Strength: 153
    Required Dexterity: 44
    Durability: 172
    Base Weapon Speed: [10]
    +200% Enhanced Damage
    +50% Damage To Undead
    Adds 1-200 Fire Damage
    Adds 1-200 Lightning Damage
    Adds 1-200 Cold Damage
    50% Increased Attack Speed
    200% Bonus To Attack Rating
    +15 To Dexterity
    +15 To Strength
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

IncGamers Member
    My personal favorite for my melee enchantress is Nord's Tenderizer:

One-Hand Damage: (129-150) To (159-184) (144-167 Avg)
    Required Level: 68
    Required Strength: 88
    Required Dexterity: 43
    Durability: 55
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    +270-330% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +50% Damage To Undead
    Adds 205-455 Cold Damage, 5 sec. Duration (Normal)
    Freezes Target +2-4 (varies)
    Cold Absorb 5-15% (varies)
    +25% Increased Attack Speed
    Level 16 Blizzard (12 charges)
    +150-180% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)

Static as soon as I see them, teleport to them, smack them with Nord's a couple times. This is my solution to fire immunes, although the Freezes Target mode doesn't work against frenzytaurs. I don't have a Frostwind to try, but that might work as well.

Great guide MongoJerry!!

BattleTag Diab-1350
    How much defense would an enchantress following this guide, and using Frozen Armor, expect to get?

IncGamers Member
    Very nice guide indeed! Im wondering about one thing though: does the effects from firefacets transfer to those you enchant? even the -to enemy resistance?

IncGamers Member
    A. What would a smart player socket in the Djinn slayer?
    B. is there a diminishing returns for +skills at any time?

BattleTag Diab-1350
    Quote Originally Posted by Har-Megiddo
    A. What would a smart player socket in the Djinn slayer?
    B. is there a diminishing returns for +skills at any time?
    Way to go, bringing a 3-month old thread back to life! :lol:

IncGamers Member
    Well, this certainly belongs in the guides thread...

Could a mod put it there?

Thanks

-melkor

IncGamers Member
    This was a nice guide to read....id like to say a few things though.
    firstly im pretty sure you cannot purchase an enchant staff in a2 normal. ive tried this one to absolutely no avail so id just like to question you on that.

also, the kuko/demon machine thing was a nice idea....i remember when i first slapped a kuko on my enchantress (lvl 33 ^^)...she went from kinda not doing well to pure ownage. she did enough damage at level 40 to solo the worldstone keep in nightmare. but now because of issues with health and the fact that she has moved into hell ive been reworking my strategies. for a bow rather than one with an explosion (though i do keep my kuko at my side allways...) ive been looking at the widowmaker. it doesnt require arrows unless you fire a guided shot. all shots hit...unless blocked, and its actually rather fast...just plop in a shael. the guided arrow has saved me multiple times, mostly in a5 nm (the frozen river most memorably.) and it helps to tele off screen and pick off groups before they can get to you with guided. ive concitered keeping a glimmershred and whitstans in her stash, well im half there...she cant use the glimmer yet. i find it difficult to go back to melee especially since she could be taken out so quickly.

on a side note.....i must say glimmershred is a must see for any enchantress. i had one with an 800 enchant and about 30 pts into synergies total doing 5k with one of those babies, while around 3k with anything else. its definitely worth a look.

anyways good guide....if i hadnt been like you, well obsessed with the fire aspect of it atleast, this prolly woulda turned me towards making an enchantress anyway.

and diabolico...although my current enchantress has only 1 to shiver, my estimate is a well equipped enchantress can expect an excess of 5k def. my current one with a bow and lvl 1 shiver has around 2k.

Edit: Megiddo, i cant answer your first question, because that weap does look pretty solid on its own, but as to your second...no there are no diminishing returns on fire mastery or enchant....it just gets better and better

now ill try Q 1 lol. i dont remember if the thing had ITD or not, but if it was me you could allways try some crushing blow (forgot the rune) or a Jah for the ITD. yes this is expensive, but its helpful as well. and that just my opinion anyways...

(damn you and your name that took me three tries to spell ><)

IncGamers Member
    I'd think a shael, with an Enchantress you want to attack as quickly as possible.

I have gotten my +3 Enchant Staff with two sockets in Act2. Yes it can take forever, but that is where I got mine so it can be done.