Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Re: Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

By dosing up on caffeine, coffee and energy drinks?

It seems like there was quite a party at my place last night.
    - Spotify was installed
    - Liquor bottle is almost empty
    - All my beers have been drunk
    - Bourbon is gone (hidden or stolen. I don't know at this point)
    - Plenty of empty glasses
    - One person still snoring on my sofa
    - And I have a massive headache
    But on the other hand there was a pretty nice breakfast made for me

Oh, and none of the empty beer cans was on the table. Looks like they were sweeped from the table to make room for a dancing platform :I
    Last edited by jevgeni; 30-03-2013 at 14:00.

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Did you remember what happened at the party?

Morning Bar.

*serves Dew

Well, I remember some of it, but I don't remember when I decided it was time to go to sleep. Some of us figured it was a perfect time for sauna (this all happened after bars were closed, so it was around 5am). I also do not recall the exact moment when it was decided that my coffee table should work as a dance podium.

edit: removed some repetition

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Lol, sounds like write the party!

No caffeine for me, I went with the old fashioned sleep remedy.

IncGamers Member Leopold Stotch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drystan View Post
    This is the video that restores my faith in humanity. Someone who knows bad music. On the other hand, these are the people making millions to make ****ty music.

Extreme language.

Spoiler
    Oh. My. God. That was fantastic!! I watched several "musical autopsies" and rants and I love it! Lol! I am guilty of enjoying some pop as much as the next person, but some songs you just hear EVERYWHERE and it's so bad. I actually liked that fun. song "We Are Young". Then it just blew the hell up and now I hate it. Not because it's popular (that certainly did not help), but when you listen to the lyrics... wtf, ya know? His friends are drunk, he's trying to explain, he hit a girl, he wants to take her home. Oh, and that song is not a wedding song, btw. I worked with someone (she just turned 18. College sophomore, brilliant as hell!) who was friends with this couple who had just gotten married. They were 18 and that stupid song was their wedding song. I asked her, "Did they not look up the lyrics? You've got to be kidding?"

Her: "Nope. But they are 18 and young and now married."

Me: "This is very true."

And I HATE how they spell their name. It's a generic word and just... Argh! I dislike a lot of things about that band. Although the vocalist never sounded femmy to me. I guess because I went thru an emo music phase where most of the vocalists have a soft voice and some are mistaken for girls. I have no idea if these are technically "emo" but Kill Hannah and Silversun Pickups are two very good examples of someone asking me if it's a girl or guy singing. Silversun Pickups HAS a female in the band who does some singing, but she is backup. Not the main person. It's a dude who sings most of the time.

As for the Flo Rida song... I didn't realize how sexual it was until I heard it on an episode of Glee. Some fam members watch it. I happened to be there eating dinner when they watched it. That was the first time I had heard the lyrics and I was like, "Dude... he's NOT singing about whistling!"

Some musicians make music just because. To not say they have no artistic value is wrong because there is some there, even though it IS crappy. Some pop songs are there just for the club scene. It is there to make you dance. That's it. Meaning and emotion and passion are devoid. So we shouldn't take it or them more seriously than that. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh View Post
    Briony has informed me that during the night I woke her up and said 'I don't understand the numbers Briony', and then promptly fell asleep again
    aww!! Cute! My Man Friend does this to me sometimes. I ask him about it in the morning and he has no recollection. ^^

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

I love fun.

*serves Dew

*serves Leo's favorite drink.

Kinda quiet today...

BattleTag kestegs-1550

We dyed some eggs. Apparently I'm in a bad mood and am grouchy. Or so I've been told.

Come over here and bring they dye. I have eggs. Then we can be in a bad mood together and I get some dyed eggs. Must be win win.

*wine please*

And somebody please shoot hubby.

Edit: Rant incomming

Actually I have easter dinner as well. Lamb. Which apparently everybody here eats the easter saturday. I would have done that this year. Even had a friend invited. Effing hubby was a jerk yesterday and today, so friend was uninvited and lambleg is in fridge.

End rantĘ: Please somebody shoot hubby (or any other methode of death that will grant me custody of the cat).
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    Wow, that seems to have worked, you're amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I actually liked that fun. song "We Are Young".
    I didn't mind it, but when Buckley pointed out in his video the lyrics... I actually listened to it for what it was, and it really gives a terrible message.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    As for the Flo Rida song...
    I still maintain that it's only popular because of that acoustic guitar in it. You no longer hear songs with a clean acoustic guitar in it, and when one finally pops up with a catchy tune, it gathers so much of a following:
    "Who cares what the song is about, it has something clever and new! A clean acoustic guitar!"

Glad you enjoyed the video.

@bambie - Might be quiet because of easter. I'm heading to family's place later today, so I'll be gone without internet access.

*cuddles bad mood kestegs and Moar*
    Hope things pick up for you soon. Happy holiday season.