View Full Version : Singleplayer vs. Multiplayer
I would like to know the exact differences between singleplayer and multiplayer(as in TCP/IP or Direct Connection,no Bnet) and what makes you choose one of these modes.
I hope you don't find this to be too short...
- Single player only has 1 difficulty (officially)
- In single player, you can save your progress at any time (ie, in the middle of a dungeon) and resume the game right where you left off
- If you die in single player, you must resume from a saved game or start a new character. This can be very annoying if you hadn't saved recently (I always save when leaving town or after finishing a quest or killing a particularly nasty boss).
- In single player, if you do start a new game with the same character, all of the dungeons are closed and you have to fight your way down from the church levels (kind of irritating and wastes time if you only want to play the cave levels, for example).
- In single player, Griswold will sell rings and amulets
- In single player you can buy elixirs when you first enter Hell, and you can buy vitality elixirs from pepin. In multiplayer you can buy elixirs once you reach clvl 26 and cannot buy vit elixirs.
- Single player has many different quests with generally specific unique item rewards - multiplayer only has a few quests (Butcher, Leoric, Lazarus and Diablo) and only the Butcher and Diablo quests are exactly the same as the SP ones (although butcher drops a random magic item and not a cleaver).
- Monsters in multiplayer have 2x the hitpoints of those in single player.
That's most of the significant differences.
A number of those SP shortcomings were fixed in Hellfire. Difficulty levels and passages down to the deeper dungeon levels, for instance.
Also, the d1 wiki isn't done yet, but the quests are all finished and give exact details of the sp vs. mp differences.
Thanks for your replies...I need to know one more thing though: Is the Bnet as ĘgrimĘ(as in hacked/duped/broken) as the rumors go?
now its pretty much just empty
Theres about 150-200 people to be found on bnet, been playing it abit to keep my warrior going (look for samoth111 if your ever about) and it been pretty good fun.
- Monsters in multiplayer have 2x the hitpoints of those in single player..
Monsters in multiplayer have real HP, in single player have 1/2 the hitpoints of those in multiplayer :P
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.