View Full Version : bugged items
allright, played this game for like 2 years back in 1.09 and 1.10, and recently started again...
Everybody talks about e.g. Fortitude in a 'bugged' armor, what does this mean? I assume that it got something about whether an item is ethereal or not? or.... i dont know
thank you and Peace!
There is a cube recipe which sockets nonmagical items. If it's used on an ethereal armor/shield/helm, the bonus will be applied once again due to a bug, so its base defense will be 1.5*1.5 times as high.
They are referring to using the random socket recipe on an ethereal armor in the cube to increase the defense of the armor.
From The Arreat Summit (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml):
1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.
ahaaa... now i get it!
a quick follow ups connected to cubing.
1) If an item (unique) and socketed with something, will upgrading that item (i.e. Lum Pul Pgems + Item) remove the socketed jewels/runes/gems?
2) Does superior items always have maximum base stats, i.e. an sup Wire Fleece 15%ED always have 481 base defense (375-481), or is that randomised? For instance, if the wire fleece gets rolled w/ 375 base, that would be worse than a perf 481... :(
3) Does cube random socketing reroll base defence of the item? If its sup, will that apply to that as well (in light of the previous question).
2) Those with %ed will have a base defense of max+1, but not those which just have a durability bonus.
3) No, base defense won't be rerolled. Also, it doesn't work on superior items or items which already have sockets.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.