View Full Version : Veteran Player, Starting up Again
whats up everyone, i had been playing dii for about 3 years before i stopped about 6 months ago and i wanna get back into it now, i havent played since before 1.10 came out but i have always been a legit player and used to be very good at duels. anyway im looking to see if theres a community on dii now or a clan i can join just to make a few friends to help me with the changes that have been made since ive been gone. I play on uswest so if anyone wants a good player with them plz respond it shouldnt take me long to get up and running again, anyway thanks and hopefully will see u on b.net
Feel free to stop by www.dpguild.net . Our guild is new to Diablo 2 but the members are not. We mostly play West realm and we maintain a mature trusting environment so everyone can enjoy the game fully.
I am the team leader over there so create a forum account and PM me.
I look forward to hearing from you
You will find that you will need to do ALOT of reading...
I stuck around from 1.09 right into 1.10 and the changes were so abrupt it was almost like a bucket of cold water.
*MY ZON CAN'T KILL ANYTHING IN ACT 1 HELL AND SHE's LEVEL 97!!!!*
Major important changes:
- Most ppl went ladder
- Rushes are totaly different
- Gaining exp is way different
- Cow games are quite less effective for exp and the drops are not as good
- baal runs are now the *new cow level*
- skill assignment it much different, i.e. synergies and focusing on only a few main skills are important in order to kill the monsters (who are tougher now)
- the new character subclasses are quite interesting, you'll want to do alot of reading and experimentation.
- The amount of bugged items is drastically reduced, almost entirely non existent on ladder
- if you don't own every new runeword, well your just not cool (or so it seems)
- pvp, well i'm not pvp so you'll have to find that out for yourself
- all the new cube formulas are soooo neat
- trading, at this point, due to the amount of botting and rune dupes, is very difficult as thier really is no set currency and it appears to be based on individual buyer need vs seller greed.
anywho, best of luck and have fun :flip:
i played d2 for years but always played single player up until v1.10 and now i've got a fairly good idea of how it works. so my suggestion is to forget everything you know about playing on bnet but remember tactics on how to play diablo itself and the rest will just fall into place. the only thing you should do some reading on is how synergies affect your builds, as this is the main change. the other things v1.10 dealt with were fixes/additions (more uniques, etc.)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.