Almost everyone on my friends list and in the IncGamers HC West clan is playing Seasons now, so conversation has been focused on that reality. How long will Season One last? Are Seasons going to run a consistent amount of time? How much warning will we get before one ends and the next one begins? […]
Checking the blue tracker today and a reply from Lylirra caught my eye. I thought it would make a good topic for a vote, so I read over the first ten pages, tabulating how often specific complaints came up. Of course more replies treated the “single biggest issue” part like old people treat the “ten […]
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- [L] O Cham runes N Sorc iteams
- It's a fact that group who Dermarose
- Blizzard on Greater Rift monster density issues and…
- What Happened to the Ob/Zod?
- Weight Lose Supplement
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Digest unwanted fats and calories from my body
- But it's not something that is very plausible
- That is really who do not
- Patriarch Dakkon
- Diablo 3 Seasons: Endings, Beginnings, and Scheduling
What does your BattleTag mean?Posted 3 Dec 2012 by
We’ve all got a BattleTag™ now, and after some early complaining that it was the Mark of the
Beast Bobby, I think we’ve come to accept it in a way we never would have with Blizzard’s previous effort to install a mandatory RealID system on Battle.net. But what does it all mean, man? I mean, did you pick your BattleTag carefully and scientifically just for Diablo III? Or did you already have one from other Blizzard games, or did you just let your cat leap upon the keyboard or what?
I’m asking since a fan did on B.net and I thought it was an interesting issue. Here’s the quote:
To start off, “OnlyYou” is the name of my favorite song: an ambient piece from the old game? “Silent Hill”.
Vaeflare: Let’s see, the BattleTag I chose was simply a word I’ve liked for many years that makes me smile every time I see it. Generally for names that I have to see displayed a lot, or even passwords, I include a variation of a word that has a bit of a silly personal meaning to me, so that even when I’m busy typing in passwords, I can get a smile out of it. One of my old mainstays is “raptor,” because, I mean, who doesn’t like raptors?
My CM name, however, is a slight alteration of a MUD-type character I ran for well over ten years. Ah… memories.
Thanks to the Blue for playing along. I can’t really blame him for not sharing his BattleTag as he doesn’t want fans pestering him while he’s trying to play, but it does sort of defeat the purpose of answering the question, eh?
I’ll play along, though. I choose my BattleTag, Solipsistic, purely for D3 since I don’t play any other Blizzard games. It’s partly a reaction to the online-only DRM and partly just a word I like a lot. I save up juicy multisyllabic words and I deployed a number of them for my D3 character names, all at least loosely-related to the classes in question or the ongoing narrative in my head.
So what’s your BattleTag and how did you select it? I’ll even throw in a quick poll, just for our silly Sunday discussion.
How did you pick your BattleTag?
- Online name I've used forever. (64%, 1,256 Votes)
- From some other game/character/movie/music/etc. (11%, 208 Votes)
- Tossed cat onto keyboard. (6%, 115 Votes)
- It's my real name. (5%, 101 Votes)
- Spur of the moment, off the top of my head, blah. (5%, 99 Votes)
- Created for D3 after careful thought and deliberation. (5%, 94 Votes)
- Something else. (5%, 89 Votes)
- Don't remember. (0%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,975