Vote: Your Favorite Act in Diablo III?Posted 17 July 2012by
There are four acts in Diablo III, and all have their strengths and weaknesses. Very different design and artwork, varying level sizes and shapes and layouts, different types of monsters, and thanks to Inferno, they’re all viable for end game item hunting, depending on the power of your character and their gear.
I don’t have any real feel for which act will win out in this vote, though I am pretty sure which of the four will get the least love. But that’s why we run the votes; to measure the community’s opinion on issues, so click your favorite and we’ll let the math decide.
Your favorite Act in Diablo III?
- 1) Act One (45%, 6,754 Votes)
- 3) Act Three (20%, 3,035 Votes)
- 5) Act Five in the Expansion will be the best. (6%, 981 Votes)
- 6) Don't like any of them. (6%, 856 Votes)
- 2) Act Two (6%, 840 Votes)
- 4) Act Four (4%, 619 Votes)
- 7) Not sure yet/no opinion. (13%, 333 Votes)
Total Voters: 15,098
Last Vote Results
We’ve run several votes in posts since we last did an official “vote post” so here are the recent results to various polls.
The last main vote asked for your favorite boss battle. I wasn’t surprised that Belial won since the visuals and design of his mid-battle transformation is pretty awesome, but I wouldn’t have guessed that the Butcher would come in second. Did you guys like the strategy of the burning floor, or the design of the creature, or are these votes just because he’s the not-too-difficult end to what is, for most players, their most profitable Inferno item running adventure?
I was also surprised that “some other purple name” didn’t get more votes. I expected fierce advocates for Raknaroth or Leah’s ghost, or whatever. The lack of useful drops from the hundreds of other purple names probably dooms their popularity.
Which is your favorite Diablo III Boss Battle?
Belial (31%, 4,383 Votes) The Butcher (16%, 2,269 Votes) They all suck. Everything sucks. Hate hate hate. (14%, 2,008 Votes) Random Champion//Boss encounters are the best (13%, 1,847 Votes) Diablo (10%, 1,345 Votes) Azmodan (6%, 820 Votes) Leoric the Skeleton King (4%, 563 Votes) Zoltan Kulle (1%, 209 Votes) Cydaea the Spiderwhore (1%, 196 Votes) Siegebreaker (1%, 193 Votes) Some other Purple named Elite. (1%, 191 Votes) Magda the Butterfly Queen (2%, 82 Votes)
Total Voters: 14,106
Another recent vote asked how you guys felt about Blizzard’s proposed Magic Find system changes, and was posted in the news item that detailed all of those potential game alterations. That was two weeks ago and we’ve not heard any official word on it yet. Judging from the vote results, that might be good news, since none of the proposed “solutions” are popular, and the
majority plurality want things to stay as they are now.
Which of Blizzard’s proposed Magic Find changes do you prefer?
6) None of the above. Retain current system. (29%, 2,781 Votes) 4) Zero-Out Your MF% for 3 Minutes After Swapping Gear (26%, 2,491 Votes) 1) Set a Magic Find Cap (15%, 1,457 Votes) 2) Slowly Adjust Magic Find Over Time (11%, 1,093 Votes) 5) Gear Swapping Interacts with Nephalem Valor (9%, 827 Votes) 3) Use your average MF% or your lowest MF% of the last 5 minutes (5%, 498 Votes) 7) Some other new system I’ll brilliantly explain in comments. (5%, 486 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,633
A final recent vote discussed the confusing terminology for the different types of boss monsters in Diablo III and asked what you guys thought they should be called for greater clarity.
The current naming system won out, despite the “Rare = item AND monster” confusion, but it wasn’t exactly a landslide victory. I am surprised how few votes the old D2 naming system got; maybe this is proof of my comments in the news post that “superunique” was a confusing term best left in the past?
Diablo 3′s Boss types should be called:
1) Champions > Rares > Uniques (34%, 738 Votes) 5) Something else/don’t care (24%, 511 Votes) 3) Champions > Elites > SuperUniques (20%, 434 Votes) 4) Blue Bosses > Yellow Bosses > Purple Bosses (19%, 410 Votes) 2) Champions > Bosses > SuperUniques (3%, 73 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,166
We’ve run almost fifty votes in the current news script (dozens of earlier votes from years past are no longer available), and they provide an interesting history of key events in the game’s development, along with community opinions preserved in amber. You can see all of them by using the, if you want to refresh your memory or wonder WTF we were all thinking about back then.
For instance, check out our expert prognostication for D3′s release date in a vote from last September. The few, the proud, the 3%! You can also see that when I mention on the podcast that most people loved the idea of Inferno when it was announced… I’m not lying.