Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
This episode of the Diablo Podcast covers Greater Rift exploits and their ramifications, fans opinions on the most-needed Gambling fixes, if the game needs Torment 7-10, and what keeps you playing when gear upgrades are done? Featuring Amedon, N3rdwards, and Flux Click through for approximate segment starting times: Amedon and N3rdwords. 0:30 — Intro to […]
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Super Product Skin Care For Everyone
- Matriarch Jael, lvl 83 Avengeress (Kingslayer Sorc)
- Tyrael build?
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] Gripphon's Rune Market
- Vote: Which are your favorite Legendary Gems?
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
Vote: Diablo 3’s Online-Only RequirementPosted 5 Aug 2011 by
As most of you know by now, Diablo III can only be played through Battle.net. There is no LAN support, and no offline/single player mode. Your characters are stored on Battle.net and you must connect to B.net to play. If your ISP sucks, or you’re going on vacation, or in the military, or you have a restrictive monthly bandwidth limit… well, you didn’t really want to play Diablo III all that much anyway, did you?
Perhaps those are just isolated cases, though. Maybe most of you guys have a good internet connection, and don’t mind the 10-character limit on Battle.net, and approve of Blizzard’s need to fight piracy?
The news about this issue from yesterday blew up to 150+ comments in short order. I haven’t had time to read every one, but from skimming over them it looks like a solid majority greatly-dislike Diablo 3’s online-only requirement. I’m curious to see if those comments are really representative of the view of most fans, or if it’s just the angry people who were motivated to comment?
Pick the vote option that’s closest to your opinion, and we’ll get some community consensus on this topic.
What do you think of D3's online-only play requirement?
- 1) It's fine. I'm always online anyway. (41%, 3,263 Votes)
- 4) Dislike. I'm buying a game, not renting it. (22%, 1,724 Votes)
- 5) Hate it. Will cripple my play opportunities. (18%, 1,391 Votes)
- 2) It's okay if it stops piracy/hacking. (17%, 1,347 Votes)
- 3) Not sure/no opinion. (2%, 189 Votes)
Total Voters: 7,907
Last Vote Results
The last vote only ran for 3 days, but as busy as things have been lately, that was long enough for quite a few votes to come in. That poll asked how you guys felt about D3’s Auction House, and the results reflected even more polarization than I’d expected.
One one hand, 64% of you like the Auction House feature while only 24% dislike it. Yet at the same time, 44% single out the Real Money aspect as their main dislike, and you get 51% voting against, if you include the anti-RMT with the anti-AH crowd.
How do you feel about the D3 Auction House?
- 1) Like it alot. (37%, 1,658 Votes)
- 2) Like it except for the RMT. (27%, 1,238 Votes)
- 5) Hate it. Especially the RMT. (17%, 760 Votes)
- 3) Not sure/no opinion. (12%, 518 Votes)
- 4) Don’t want, but it’s not a biggie. (7%, 330 Votes)
Total Voters: 4,504