Almost everyone on my friends list and in the IncGamers HC West clan is playing Seasons now, so conversation has been focused on that reality. How long will Season One last? Are Seasons going to run a consistent amount of time? How much warning will we get before one ends and the next one begins? […]
The first weekend of Diablo 3 Seasons has ended. How did the ladder rushers enjoy the experience? Which fast leveling strategies worked best (and worst), and does the Torment 6 “kill nothing but level fast” cheese need to be fixed? Featuring Wolfpaq, Rankil, N3rdwords, Katniss, and Flux. Following up Friday’s Season-prep show, this is a […]
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- OT: Sacred 2
- List of PK's
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO-List
- Fortitude - normal or superior AP?
- O Cham Need Sorc Iteams
- [L] O Cham runes N Sorc iteams
- Does Rapid Fire rule yet?
- What Happened to the Ob/Zod?
- Ladder reset? Returning to D2
- Diablo 3 save games
- Possible excess Legs idea--new Iron Golem?
Vote: Are You Using the D3 Auction House?Posted 2 Nov 2012 by
Now that Patch 1.05 has been live for a few weeks, and item finds are greatly increased in quality, I’ve been wondering how the Auction House is faring. In v1.05 you can find a lot more good items, and many more legendary items, but I can see many possible ways this could affect player AH use.
Are you finding so much stuff that you want to self-find and be self-sufficient? Or are you trying to score huge profits with your great item finds? Or are you buying more, since the increased flow or top end items has dropped prices on everything else? Or something else?
I tried to put a fair representation of options in the vote, and yes, more than one might be true of you (4 & 5, or 5 & 6, for instance) but pick one that seems the best representation of your experience, and feel free to elaborate in comments. Personally, I only used the AH a tiny amount pre-v1.05, selling mats for gold and buying some cheap gear upgrades to survive in Inferno (back when it was harder). I haven’t been tempted to use the AH at all in v1.05 though, since I’ve been finding sufficient item upgrades to improve all of my characters.
That said… if I ever find a truly epic BEST IN SLOT type item, I might be tempted to sell it just so I’d have 50m in my bank and never be poor again.
What's your D3 Auction House behavior in v1.05?
- 1) I'm buying and selling items. (44%, 1,456 Votes)
- 3) Buying, but little or no selling. (17%, 560 Votes)
- 6) I haven't played the game in v1.05. (16%, 542 Votes)
- 2) Selling, but little or no buying. (11%, 356 Votes)
- 5) I've never used the Auction House. (7%, 247 Votes)
- 4) No AH use; in v1.05 I can self find. (5%, 152 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,314
Last Vote Results
The last vote went up in a news item about (the lack of) Halloween bonus content in Diablo III, and the results are interesting. As I said in that mini-article, every time I’ve brought the topic of bonus holiday content up, the majority of commenters are against it. That was the case in that recent post as well, and yet from the vote results… a strong majority of you guys want such content, at least if it’s done well. So why don’t you silent majority of 68% speak up?
Would you like to see seasonal bonus content in D3?
1) Yes, it would be awesome. (42%, 616 Votes)
2) Maybe, but only if it was done very well. (26%, 379 Votes)
4) No way. Never. Under no circumstances. (20%, 292 Votes)
3) Probably not, since it would be done poorly. (10%, 150 Votes)
5) No opinion / something else. (2%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,483
The last main page vote was a survey on the v1.05 patch, and it’s obvious that most everyone who hasn’t written D3 off in a /ragequit is pretty happy with the current direction of the game. I have to agree; I’ve played much more D3 in v1.05 than I had in the previous months, and I’m enjoying it.
What do you think of Diablo 3 v1.0.5?
1) It made awesome changes. Great patch. (45%, 1,550 Votes)
2) It’s good, but not great. (30%, 1,040 Votes)
5) No opinion / haven’t played. (12%, 423 Votes)
3) Not very good. Game needs work. (8%, 292 Votes)
4) Terrible patch. Game still sucks. (5%, 161 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,466
It sounds obvious in retrospect, but it’s funny how much more fun D3 is when your character can kick ass and roll up fat l3wt in the process. It’s a shame the devs took so long to realize their best approach was to emulate D2′s game balance, but I can’t entirely criticize them. After all, I was with a lot of other fans pre-release; we *thought* we wanted a harder game, where the best loot could only come from the hardest monsters, and Inferno was a really challenging difficulty. And yet when we got that… we hated it.
It reminds me of the Malcolm Gladwell TED talk where he discourses on product preferences, and how consumers don’t know what they want, and in fact actively lie to themselves and to survey takers. For instance, almost everyone in the US *says* they like rich, dark, strong coffee, and yet almost everyone drinks milky, weak, sugary coffee.