Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
This episode of the Diablo Podcast covers Greater Rift exploits and their ramifications, fans opinions on the most-needed Gambling fixes, if the game needs Torment 7-10, and what keeps you playing when gear upgrades are done? Featuring Amedon, N3rdwards, and Flux Click through for approximate segment starting times: Amedon and N3rdwords. 0:30 — Intro to […]
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- The Impeachment Thread, vol.1 - "WMD"
- Anything Goes D2 Lounge!
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Do feel a little bit dark until it's pretty
- Super Product Skin Care For Everyone
- Matriarch Jael, lvl 83 Avengeress (Kingslayer Sorc)
- Tyrael build?
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
Top Ten Diablo ClonesPosted 21 Mar 2010 by
Tempting though it was to embrace the irony and leave our “There is no Diablo Drought” post on top all weekend, here’s something new. German site PCGames.de has posted a nice list of the top ten Diablo clones. Each page has a screenshot of the game, plus a quick paragraph of info about it, so click through and find some inspiration?
Here’s their top ten, which doesn’t seem to be in any particular order:
- Sacred 2
- Titan Quest + Titan Quest: Immortal Throne
- Loki: In the Spell of the Gods
- Hellgate: London
- Legend: Hand of God
- Dungeon Siege 2
So, how many of these have you guys tried? Has anyone completed the full decathlon? Also, any recommendations for the rest of us who might be after some RPG action to tide us over while the Diablo 3 wait continues.