Lots on this show, including PTR Patch 2.1′s big changes, legendary item buffs, Paragon 1000 achieved, the Stash space emergency and micro-transactions, Diablo 3′s story and “demon soul hooks,” and Blizzcon 2014 Diablo 3 expansion announcement expectations. Featuring Flux, N3rdwords and Neinball.
Approximate topic starting times:
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed
A fan assembled all six of the class-specific item sets in Reaper of Souls, took pics of them on each gender for each class, and provided views from all angles. It’s quite a useful presentation, and credit to Zeldrin for creating it.
I found it interesting since I’d never actually seen the full sets so clearly. Everyone’s got a few or all of the items from each set, but usually mixed with other gear, some transmogged or vanishing dyed, etc. So here they are, unadulterated and straight from the D3 artist’s tablets to your screen. All the sets (except for Firebird’s, which adds a source) consist of six items: helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs, and boots, so visually they are pretty much apples to apples comparisons. So here are Reaper of Souls Item Sets Illustrated:
Helltooth Harness (armory), Witch Doctor set. Helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs, boots. (This set apparently lacks the light weight and flexibility of the huge slabs of unrefined steel that the other classes have strapped to their bodies, as both of these weary medical professionals are bent double beneath the weight of their assorted shark teeth, baboon femurs, and coconut shells.)
Diablo 3 “Gear Sets”
This whole presentation reminds me of the hot (pre-game) topic of Gear Sets. We’ve got a big wiki article about them, and “Gear Sets” was a regular news category from 2010-2012, with 29 news items so categorized.
- Sst Fat Reduce
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- SUPPLEMENT FOR FAT LOSSS
- BODY FITNESS EXERCISES
- Blizzard Shares their Philosophy on Patch 2.1 --…
- Wierd stuff on the Internets
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- Weight Loss Methods For Men Goji Slim
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Happy Late birthday, Bipolar Chemist!!
- Fiery Runes II: Arreat Crater & more
Top 10 Fixes to Diablo 3Posted 5 Jan 2013 by
Forum regulars and experienced players Mysticc and Sibcoe put together a long and detailed video podcast covering their top 10 fixes to Diablo 3. (Plus half a dozen honorable mentions. The forum thread announcing it has gone into lengthy conversation, but for those of you who don’t regularly venture into the Diablo 3 forums, here’s their top ten, with the video below for a much more thorough debate/discussion.
- Increase base movement speed to what 24% is now.
- Ability to level up abilities/skills (yeah right).
- Give a reason to group with players (more loot, more mf, more mob density, etc.)
- Add more randomness (but take out stupid randomness).
- Increase mob density in act 1/2. Give us reason to go to act 4.
- Fix the broken wizard class.
The Top 10 list:
10) Give us a pvp system where we define the rules, rewards. Stop wasting 7+ months trying to design the perfect pvp system. Let us just pvp and we’ll build a system that comes out of it organically. Make use of ptr for pvp.
9) Improve drop rates OR stop creating garbage items for garbage sake (i.e. tighten up properties, etc.)
8) Cut the length of the journey to paragon 100 by 1/2 or 2/3. Or change how magic find works. And some other things we said.
7) Add genuine gold sinks to the game (enchantments, socketing, buffs, etc.). Remove 15% tax bull****.
6) Add more game modes – ladders, classic mode, etc.
5) Improve itemization – have 15-30 legendaries per item slot that are designed around builds, uses for white items, magic items, more socketables like 20 different gems and random jewels, create healthy ecosystem of gems and depower emeralds.
4) Add a crafting system that allows players to create items that don’t drop and also incentivizes the destruction of items.
3) Add bind on equip.
2) Give us something to do other than farming.
1) Blizzard needs to listen, interact and be honest with the community.
If you guys want to second some these and/or list your own most wanted fixes in comments, we can tabulate the most popular 10 or 15 and post them in a multiple choice vote, to get some real community consensus (or not) like we did recently with the most wanted changes/fixes to the Nephalem Valor system.
All of Mysticc and Sibcoe’s webcasts are archived in Diablo3.TV for future reference; you may want to view some of their previous episodes.