Lots on this show, including PTR Patch 2.1′s big changes, legendary item buffs, Paragon 1000 achieved, the Stash space emergency and micro-transactions, Diablo 3′s story and “demon soul hooks,” and Blizzcon 2014 Diablo 3 expansion announcement expectations. Featuring Flux, N3rdwords and Neinball.
Approximate topic starting times:
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed
A fan assembled all six of the class-specific item sets in Reaper of Souls, took pics of them on each gender for each class, and provided views from all angles. It’s quite a useful presentation, and credit to Zeldrin for creating it.
I found it interesting since I’d never actually seen the full sets so clearly. Everyone’s got a few or all of the items from each set, but usually mixed with other gear, some transmogged or vanishing dyed, etc. So here they are, unadulterated and straight from the D3 artist’s tablets to your screen. All the sets (except for Firebird’s, which adds a source) consist of six items: helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs, and boots, so visually they are pretty much apples to apples comparisons. So here are Reaper of Souls Item Sets Illustrated:
Helltooth Harness (armory), Witch Doctor set. Helm, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs, boots. (This set apparently lacks the light weight and flexibility of the huge slabs of unrefined steel that the other classes have strapped to their bodies, as both of these weary medical professionals are bent double beneath the weight of their assorted shark teeth, baboon femurs, and coconut shells.)
Diablo 3 “Gear Sets”
This whole presentation reminds me of the hot (pre-game) topic of Gear Sets. We’ve got a big wiki article about them, and “Gear Sets” was a regular news category from 2010-2012, with 29 news items so categorized.
- Patch 2.1 Live Chat Follow Up Questions
- Blizzard Blog: Greater Rifts Introduction
- Greater Rift Trials are now Faster
- The Greatest % Chain lightning on attack ring???
- ED, MF, Min Dmg, Lit dmg Jewel
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Most certainly not the last thing i'll ever wish for…
- Blizzard's Patch 2.1 Live Chat: Full Transcript and…
- You think you know God? You probably do not.
- A question about the ideal character level for each…
- The Noodle Compound Bed and Breakfast
This Week on IncGamersPosted 26 Jul 2012 by
Tons of gaming goodness for you this week on IncGamers.com that I want to point out to all our beloved Diablo readers. New content this week includes
- Darksiders 2 is looking better than expected [Preview]
- Company of Heroes 2 [Preview] – Surviving General Winter
- World of Warplanes [Preview] – Dog eat dog
- Thomas Was Alone [Review] – Not just another indie platformer
- Wreckateer [Review] – Capitalism no?
- Dyad [Review] – And now for something completely different
- How do you build a story into Borderlands 2?s open world? [Interview]
- Borderlands 2 [Preview] – The Assassin and the teenage sadist
In other IncGamers news, with the Guild Wars 2 final Beta having wrapped up the community over at GWonline is getting rather excited so if you are following the game make sure you head there for forums and news.
Also on IncGamers you can get your hands on an Alpha test key for the upcoming 3D browser based MMO City of Steam which looks pretty good so grab a key while they are still available.
We recently opened our new Wargaming.net site for World of tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Battleships and we have been dishing out closed Beta keys for the World of Warplanes beta this week and there will be more going out to the community on the site shortly.
Finally, when we opened the new WorldofWar site, we also fired up a new bunch of forums for IncGamers. Moving forwards, some future sites will be hooked into this user database with forums being based off the main forum. If you are a keen IncGamers site follower and want to secure a username for the future, we suggest you get registered in now to the new forums.