Diablo 3 Podcast conversation about multiplayer co-op issues in Diablo 3. What are the benefits of playing with others? Should there be more party skill bonuses? Why are the Diablo 3 clan tools so meh? The curse of the double-Unity requirement. Show features Aahzmodius, Wolfpaq, and Flux. Click through for approximate segment starting times: 0:30 […]
Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Toughness is Useless at Higher Greater Rifts?
- The wonderful what are you listening to thread
- DiabloWiki not up-to-date
- Movie Review thread.
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- How is Diablo 2 good?
- Off-Topic in the OTF
- Wierd stuff on the Internets
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
The Diablo Podcast #82: The Diablo 3 Expansion DebatePosted 20 Nov 2012 by
Flux is joined Exile to speculate on all things Diablo 3 expansion. Class and item makeovers, improved B.net features, new monsters, new game modes, Act Five’s setting, and more.
Times and topics are approximate, as the flow of conversation twists and turns.
- 0:00 — Intro and why it’s more fun to speculate about the future than talk about the present.
- 3:00 — Improved multiplayer features. More exp/items in MP games? Raid-type content?
- 8:20 — Better character customization and item system improvements.
- 14:40 — Level design improvements. More randomness/variety in expansion/act 5?
- 18:40 — Guest monsters? More monster variety and design?
- 26:00 — Simplification of features in Diablo III. How does WoW retain more complexity and how can Diablo III add more depth?
- 36:40 — New class in the expansion. Return of the Necromancer? Paladin? Other? Both?
- 42:00 — Act five? Where? What? Difference?
- 46:50 — A new Follower? Sparkle Panda suggestion!
- 48:30 — New game modes. Tower defense, competitive PvM, bottomless dungeon, etc.
- 54:00 — When will D3X be released? How did they make D2X with act 5, Druid, Assassin, all the new items and other features in just 12 months?
- 55:00 — Farewell and thanks to Xanth, and welcome to ZappaFan. Plus new podcast guests wanted.
The Diablo Podcast Episode Guidein the DiabloWiki provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed