The Diablo Podcast #21: D3’s Endless Skill CooldownsPosted 11 July 2011 by Flux
The twenty-first episode of The Diablo Podcast is now online for your listening pleasure. In this episode Flux, The Eliminator, and Neinball talk chiefly about the just-revealed long-ass, two-minute skill cooldowns for high level Barbarian skills in Diablo III. Obviously these aren’t the only skills in the game with long cooldowns, but neither guest is much worried about it, so long as the skills are powerful enough to warrant the wait between uses.
Other topics include Gamescom 2011 getting the Blizzcon 2010 demo, and why neither guest really believed the D3Here guy’s story. Special guest rumor-confirmation thanks to The Eliminator’s inside info that BlizzCon really was scheduled to head to Vegas back in 2010… at least for a few days. Here’s the show itinerary.
View the post on DiabloPodcast.com for more details. Here’s a quick itinerary of the show.
- 3:00—The guys agree that Gamescom will not get a new 2011 D3 demo, and explain why.
- 10:00—Discussion of lengthy skill cooldowns in Diablo III. Both guests are okay with them, since longer cooldowns = mega-powerful skills, and since lots of lower level skills in D3 will have no cooldowns at all.
- 26:00—The D3Here guy’s claims are critically evaluated. Both guests find his credibility lacking, and explain why, as well as talking about what they would have done in his place to be more convincing.
- 38:00—Closing jokes and conversation about the D3Here guy’s version of the D3 market system, in which a keyboard tapping bird like the one Homer had would come in very hand.
As you’ll hear in the closing, this is part one of the show, since our recording session went well over an hour. Part two will go up tomorrow morning, with much conversation about the new World of Warcraft Dungeon Journal, and how such a feature might or might not be imported into Diablo III. Someday.
- The Diablo Podcast Episode Guide in the wiki provides easy navigation with a short summary of every show.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.