The wealth of new info and developer theory riches keeps coming from the Diablo 3 Patch 2.1 developer chat, and here’s part two of the huge transcript and analysis. Extracted key points, all of which are elaborated upon in the transcript below: Greater Rifts are not exclusive uber-geared character content. Anyone who can do Torment […]
Lots on this show, including PTR Patch 2.1′s big changes, legendary item buffs, Paragon 1000 achieved, the Stash space emergency and micro-transactions, Diablo 3′s story and “demon soul hooks,” and Blizzcon 2014 Diablo 3 expansion announcement expectations. Featuring Flux, N3rdwords and Neinball. Approximate topic starting times: 2:30 — Paragon 1000 has been achieved. Does everyone […]
- Refining my Pit-Strafer
- Diablo 3 Wallpaper Watch #136: Patch 2.1 Greed
- Increases Testosterone Levels
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- 2014 RFO Results
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- Diablo 3 Achievements Display Bug
- Season One
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.1 Hotfixes and Bugs
- Diablo 3 2.1 Features Recapped in Video - Patch now…
- Firebird's Finery Disabled: Hotfix Coming
The Diablo 3 Podcast #93: Year One Patches and Difficulty NerfsPosted 17 May 2013 by
Flux, Xanth, and Aahz discuss the numerous patches and difficulty changes (nerfs) we saw during the first year of Diablo 3, which made the game easier, characters stronger, and much improved the game.
Approximate segment starting times:
- 0:20 — Recent play adventures. Xanth’s freshly-dead P71 Monk, and more.
- 4:45 — Diablo 3 patches relived. Many nerfs over time have made the game much easier and much more fun, showing the lie of our pre-game “we want it harder” claims.
- Patch 1.0.3, June 19, 2012. Huge reductions in gem upgrade prices and Inferno-nerfed by huge boosts to the odds of high level items dropping.
- Patch 1.0.4, August 21, 2012. Paragon system, skill tweaks, lots of inferno nerfs. Also, sparkles added to Legendaries! (That video is guaranteed to amaze in retrosepct.)
- Patch 1.0.5, October 16th. Tons of skill changes/buffs, big Inferno nerf, Monster Power and Infernal Machine enabled.
- 22:00 — Mage issues. Flux explains why he regrettably has no use for the Diablo III Wizard, after mages were amongst his fave classes in previous Diablo titles.
- 25:50 — Vote kick fixed and useful crafting (that worked like crafting did during the beta) reintroduced. More patch coverage!
- Patch 1.0.7, February 13, 2013. PvP brawling enabled, to universal disinterest. No Inferno nerf for a change, but mega-improved crafting recipes.
- Patch 1.0.8, May 8, 2013. Monster density adjustment leads to rejoicing. Also minor skill tweaks and major social feature improvements.
- 30:50 — We’ve got at least a year until D3X; what can we look forward to before then? Will we ever again see new content in a patch?
- 35:20 — Whimsyshire! Memories of Diablo III’s secret level.
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.