Almost everyone on my friends list and in the IncGamers HC West clan is playing Seasons now, so conversation has been focused on that reality. How long will Season One last? Are Seasons going to run a consistent amount of time? How much warning will we get before one ends and the next one begins? […]
Checking the blue tracker today and a reply from Lylirra caught my eye. I thought it would make a good topic for a vote, so I read over the first ten pages, tabulating how often specific complaints came up. Of course more replies treated the “single biggest issue” part like old people treat the “ten […]
- Go to nightmare/hell easy (mule etc.)
- Post and discuss your pets
- Veiled Crystals Hotfix coming soon
- Diablo 3 Controls Problems and Console Issues
- Big Diablo 3 News Coming At Blizzcon 2014?
- So, do you all still talk politics here?
- RoS: How are you Barbs doing?
- The wonderful what are you listening to thread
- You can't please all of the people
- Jay Wilson is now a World of Warcraft designer
- Must have items?
The Diablo 3 Podcast #93: Year One Patches and Difficulty NerfsPosted 17 May 2013 by
Flux, Xanth, and Aahz discuss the numerous patches and difficulty changes (nerfs) we saw during the first year of Diablo 3, which made the game easier, characters stronger, and much improved the game.
Approximate segment starting times:
- 0:20 — Recent play adventures. Xanth’s freshly-dead P71 Monk, and more.
- 4:45 — Diablo 3 patches relived. Many nerfs over time have made the game much easier and much more fun, showing the lie of our pre-game “we want it harder” claims.
- Patch 1.0.3, June 19, 2012. Huge reductions in gem upgrade prices and Inferno-nerfed by huge boosts to the odds of high level items dropping.
- Patch 1.0.4, August 21, 2012. Paragon system, skill tweaks, lots of inferno nerfs. Also, sparkles added to Legendaries! (That video is guaranteed to amaze in retrosepct.)
- Patch 1.0.5, October 16th. Tons of skill changes/buffs, big Inferno nerf, Monster Power and Infernal Machine enabled.
- 22:00 — Mage issues. Flux explains why he regrettably has no use for the Diablo III Wizard, after mages were amongst his fave classes in previous Diablo titles.
- 25:50 — Vote kick fixed and useful crafting (that worked like crafting did during the beta) reintroduced. More patch coverage!
- Patch 1.0.7, February 13, 2013. PvP brawling enabled, to universal disinterest. No Inferno nerf for a change, but mega-improved crafting recipes.
- Patch 1.0.8, May 8, 2013. Monster density adjustment leads to rejoicing. Also minor skill tweaks and major social feature improvements.
- 30:50 — We’ve got at least a year until D3X; what can we look forward to before then? Will we ever again see new content in a patch?
- 35:20 — Whimsyshire! Memories of Diablo III’s secret level.
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.