The Diablo 3 Podcast #89: Hardcore Economy, Itemization Changes, and Console NewsPosted 29 March 2013by
Flux, Xanth, and Ynzerg talk Diablo 3 economy and the huge differences between the HC and softcore economy. How does the lack of an RMAH in HC affect the economy? Also, impatience at the promised itemization changes and Diablo 3 console news.
Approximate topic start points on this episode:
- 0:10 — Ynzerg and Xanth intro and recent play experiences. Mostly Hardcore.
- 4:00 — Trivia quiz. Obscure item names in Diablo 3!
- 12:00 — The hardcore economy. Thriving market for selling lvl 1-50 gear. Huge price swings since the v1.07 crafting recipes, with gear some slots getting cheaper and others much more expensive.
- 17:30 — Cost of crafting items in Hardcore is insane, coming from Softcore. Tomes of Secret now cost 40-80x more in HC than in SC. Fiery Brimstones are 25-35x the price. Yet some things are cheaper…
- 26:00 — Flux can’t afford to upgrade the last levels of Artisans in HC since they require dozens of Tomes of Secret.
- 32:00 — What effect does the lack of an RMAH have on the HC Economy? Harder to farm gold in HC and no in-game method to sell it for money. Surprised Blizzard never added it in post-release?
- 37:50 — Shared stash and no corpse looting… ever removed your best items before danger to save them in case of Hardcore death?
- 41:30 — Flux recounts his first HC death, a 56 Demon Hunter’s tragic fate. Is Vortex the most dangerous boss mod? Frozen?
- 44:50 — Itemization updates from Blizzard. Why so slow to make decisions and implement them?
- 51:30 — Console coming soon. Demo at PAX East. Has excite? Not so much…
- 52:50 — Diablo 3 Expansion thoughts. Wish list for fixes and changes?
- 55:00 — Final thoughts. Closing Hardcore proselytizing from the guests.
The Diablo 3 Podcast Episode Guide in DiabloWiki.net provides links to every show, plus quick summaries.
- Listen and subscribe through iTunes.
- View video versions of all The Diablo Podcasts on You Tube, via our all-encompassing Diablo3Inc channel.
- Get the Podcast RSS feed