Last week Blizzard replied to questions about the goal of Greater Rifts and how they are balanced. Here’s the meat of last week’s address: Today he returned to that thread and added a couple of replies about what sort of changes we might see for the future of Greater Rifts. Greater Rift Changes Coming: Less […]
Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
- Soo... should we talk about #GamerGate?
- Archones Ladder Shop 2014!
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily
- RoS: How are you Monks doing?
- RoS: How are you Crusaders doing?
- anyone have an updated ignore list?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] ISO: Scintillating Jewels of…
- Some Diablo 3 Achievements are Bugged + Work Around
- Lightning Weapons: Tested and Explained…
Reaper of Souls Easter Egg: Infernal Bovine Secret Nephalem RiftPosted 17 Apr 2014 by
During the RoS beta you’d occasionally get a single level in a Rift that had these type of cows for monsters, and the Lord of Bells Rift Guardian could spawn randomly like any of other Guardians. They stopped appearing randomly near the end of the Beta, and I’ve never seen cows or the guardian so far in Live, so apparently they only spawn in this special full on presentation.
BTW, should “Bells” be a “Lady?” The gender of bipedal cows with horns *and* udders has remained open to debate since D2 introduced the subject back in 2000. At any rate, here are some pics of the action, and thanks to Till for the shots. Here’s what he had to say in his email:
Got a really fun rift today: Cow Rift
– It had only cow enemies in it
– The rift guardian was called “Lord of Bells”
– It had 10 levels, all with the cathedral tileset
– Each level had at least 1 pylon and a lot of pools / shrines
– Heart shaped steaks instead of health globes
Any of you guys found this one yet? It seems to be pretty rare, but then it wouldn’t be much of an Easter Egg if it was super common…