Creating good random map generators is a difficult task in video games, and something we’ve seen done with relative success in all of the Diablo games. Diablo 1 had four dungeon types with quite different maps for each area, though all were just big squares with different arrangements of the pieces within them. (The Hellfire […]
This episode of the Diablo Podcast covers Greater Rift exploits and their ramifications, fans opinions on the most-needed Gambling fixes, if the game needs Torment 7-10, and what keeps you playing when gear upgrades are done? Featuring Amedon, N3rdwards, and Flux Click through for approximate segment starting times: Amedon and N3rdwords. 0:30 — Intro to […]
- Skill-less tournament (3rd edition)
- Guardian Predator - Fire Hunter Druid
- Forum Mafia Statistics And Awards Thread
- Creating socketed weapon fail
- Are you going to play Season 2?
- A "Could Be Useful" Amulet - Item Find Thread August…
- A Throwback Wallpaper: Darkness Falls; Heroes Rise
- Tournament: The Randomly Challenged II
- Metallica set to play BlizzCon 2014
- Toughness is Useless at Higher Greater Rifts?
- [1.13d SC FAM FTS] Clervis's FT/ISO
- OT: anyone interested in free personal training?
Project Blackstone under Development at Blizzard?Posted 30 Nov 2012 by
It seems that just this week Blizzard have projectblackstone.com the domain projectblackstone.com. It currently doesn’t resolve but it’s only been alive a couple of days so it is still early days. We can’t tell from that what the title is but they often have code names for things they are working on. Project Titan for the ongoing MMO and Diablo 3 was nicknamed Hydra – actually in retrospect that one is more obvious.
The full name only crops up in one of their titles that I know of and that’s World of Warcraft. There is a ring, an NPC and a bridge that bear the name Blackstone. So is it another expansion pack for WoW? There is the Black Soulstone in Diablo 3 which is a looser connection but still, could it be the expansion pack for us? Or even looser is their very old platform title Blackthorn. Or is it something entirely different?