The Diablo 3 difficulty system was completely overhauled, and now we’ve got totally different Difficulty Levels in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls.
- Legacy legendary vs new one
- What would you do if you discovered a possible…
- Reaper of Souls Easter Egg: Infernal Bovine Secret…
- looking for partners act 1 T1 split bounties and rift
- LoL game ruined bug
- 8 bounties, 8 pools of reflection
- Blizzard Explains Horadric Cache Legendary Drop Rules
- whats the best way to gear up
- Been running a Melee wiz, but got a build changing…
- Trading Community ~~
- Shocking Nudity in Diablo 3?
- World's First Torment 6 Uzrael Hardcore Clear
Paul Sams @ Wired.comPosted 31 August 2009by
Wired.com has posted a beefy interview with Blizzard COO Paul Sams. It focuses mainly on their future plans for WoW, but also has some interesting stuff about SC2, Blizzard’s unannounced next gen MMORPG, and also delves into their still secret plans to charge, or not, for games played over Battle.net 2.0. Here’s a quote:
Wired.com: So you don?t want to say if you?re going to monetize through Battle.net or is that going to be discussed later?
Sams: What we?re saying is, if you buy a copy of StarCraft II, you will be in a position to play the game on Battle.net with no additional cost. That?s not to say there are no other things there. But, you?ll be able to play and have a great experience. But they?ll be a lot of different elements; we?re going to be pulling a lot of social networking into the Battle.net experience, and they?ll be a much more significant focus on e-sports, and so the competitive elements of that gaming experience with ladders and rankings and tournaments and everything you could imagine and more.
We?re going to integrate the games that we have into that Battle.net experience so that it feels like a much bigger and more meaningful community made up of all these Blizzard gamers. When I think of StarCraft II, and if there are other things we?re going to do from a monetization perspective, it?s certainly possible. But again, if you buy the game, you can play on Battle.net with no additional cost.