Patch 1.0.4 Pipeline for Information Released
Posted 9 Aug 2012
News has finally hit regarding Diablo III’s patch 1.0.4. This is more of a… sneak peak of a sneak peak. The pipeline for the information is the following:
The Diablo III developers have been hard at work on some exciting new features and updates for the game. Many of you have asked for more details, and we’re busily preparing several developer blogs filled with information on what’s coming in patch 1.0.4. In the meantime, here’s an overview of the information we’re planning to share here on the Diablo III community site in the not-too-distant future.
Please keep in mind that this list isn’t set in stone, but it should provide a useful preview of what we’ll be revealing in the days ahead.
- System Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
- Senior Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng is preparing a high-level summary of some of the system changes planned for 1.0.4.
- Legendary Item Improvements, by Andrew Chambers
- Senior Game Designer Andrew Chambers is working on a blog detailing all the ways we’re making Legendary items stand out.
- Magic Find Update, by Jay Wilson
- Following up on earlier discussions, Game Director Jay Wilson will be providing an update on how Magic Find is evolving in patch 1.0.4.
- Class Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
- Wyatt will also be providing a preview of the changes we’ll be making for each class in 1.0.4 (and the philosophy behind those changes).
- Patch Notes, by Lylirra
- Of course, this is all building up to the actual patch 1.0.4 release, and we’ll be releasing the full patch notes shortly before the update goes live.
We’re also planning to run some interviews and developer chats surrounding patch 1.0.4, and we’ll be sharing those on the Diablo III front page. Be on the lookout, as we’d love to get you involved in any live chats we host.
As always, your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. Stay tuned for the updates to follow!
It’s not certain as to whether or not these are in any particular chronological sequence, but you can expect the information in the “not too distant future,” adding more verbiage to their ever-growing list of time estimates. How does the community feel about patch 1.0.4? Is this the patch that will determine whether or not you’ll stick with the game? What are you hoping will be included in this patch?